The Squad.......

Lucille(9a)

President Trump has apparently chosen four fairly new Democrats to be the face of the Democratic Party, and is characterizing them and the party itself as anti American. This is certainly a clever tactic, as it avoids factual info, not his strong suit, and plays on emotion.

SaveComment43Like2
Comments (43)
Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
Stan Areted

The democats have chosen these four to be the face of the party.

They are intimidated by them and controlled by them.

Pelosi is a cornered rat and acts like it.

What a horrible way to end her career, controlled, intimidated and going along with these apparent narciccistic anarchists that do nothing but insult and tear down our country.

5 Likes Save    
Carro

The Squat are the face of the Demonrat party. Trump just solidified that fact.

2 Likes Save    
linaria_gw(zone 7 (about))

projecting heavily again, are we?

plus, throwing in some de-humanizing, calling Ms Pelosi nonchalantly "rat"

---

last time I looked, tRUMP and his dysfunctional attempt at government was doing the tearing down: laws protecting clean air, water ..., human rights, freedom of the press...

should I go on?

4 Likes Save    
numbersjunkie

So true. This is his re-election strategy. Paint this group as the face of the Democratic Party, label us all as communists, and distract from the fact that he has done nothing positive for our country.

At least the Dems have independent thinkers with the guts to speak truth to power. The Pubs are all Trump Zombies.

5 Likes Save    
Parm

Republicans continuously embarrass themselves.

Underestimating Pelosi and believing that the trump is able to determine the face of the Democrat Party. What a hoot!

This is shaping up to be a very entertaining day.

6 Likes Save    
Jess

We are all "the squad"

Well, not Trump's racist supporters, but decent Americans ...............

President Trump has forced us all to take a position on what kind of America this is going to be — in essence, to define again what American “nationalism” means. Is it a white Christian nationalism (or if you’re Jewish and think you can wriggle yourself inside the Trumpian nationalist tent, you can call it Judeo-Christian), in which immigrants of color or other religions are not really Americans and can be told by the president to “go back” to their ancestral lands? Or is it the universalist nationalism of the Declaration of Independence, based on the liberal Enlightenment principles of equality before the law, the inviolable rights of the individual against the state and the conviction that all citizens — regardless of religion, ethnicity or ancestral roots and the timing of their arrival — are equally American?

1 Like Save    
adoptedbyhounds

"The democats have chosen these four to be the face of the party."

Yes! Although we must admit the MSM loves them too, so maybe generous TV coverage is helping to raise their profiles.

In any event, they've announced the tolerance and inclusion they demand of Americans who object to mass illegal immigration and fake asylees, is not something they're interested in practicing themselves.

Instead, they've decreed there's no room in the Party for certain "kinds" of people. People who might like to think for themselves, or are open to ideas outside what they're "supposed" to think. Thus, this warning:

"We don’t need any more brown faces that
don’t want to be a brown voice.“

"We don’t need
black faces that don’t want to be a black voice."

"We don’t need Muslims
that don’t want to be a Muslim voice."

"We don’t need queers that don’t
want to be a queer voice.”

2 Likes Save    
Stan Areted

No, no need, I will go on about President Trump, in fact, I'll let him tell you:

• Almost 4 million jobs created since election.
  • More Americans are now employed than ever recorded before in our history.
  • We have created more than 400,000 manufacturing jobs since my election.
  • Manufacturing jobs growing at the fastest rate in more than THREE DECADES.
  • Economic growth last quarter hit 4.2 percent.
  • New unemployment claims recently hit a 49-year low.
  • Median household income has hit highest level ever recorded.
  • African-American unemployment has recently achieved the lowest rate ever recorded.
  • Hispanic-American unemployment is at the lowest rate ever recorded.
  • Asian-American unemployment recently achieved the lowest rate ever recorded.
  • Women’s unemployment recently reached the lowest rate in 65 years.
  • Youth unemployment has recently hit the lowest rate in nearly half a century.
  • Lowest unemployment rate ever recorded for Americans without a high school diploma.
  • Under my Administration, veterans’ unemployment recently reached its lowest rate in nearly 20 years.
  • Almost 3.9 million Americans have been lifted off food stamps since the election.
  • The Pledge to America’s Workers has resulted in employers committing to train more than 4 million Americans. We are committed to VOCATIONAL education.
  • 95 percent of U.S. manufacturers are optimistic about the future—the highest ever.
  • Retail sales surged last month, up another 6 percent over last year.
  • Signed the biggest package of tax cuts and reforms in history. After tax cuts, over $300 billion poured back in to the U.S. in the first quarter alone.
  • As a result of our tax bill, small businesses will have the lowest top marginal tax rate in more than 80 years.
  • Helped win U.S. bid for the 2028 Summer Olympics in Los Angeles.
  • Helped win U.S.-Mexico-Canada’s united bid for 2026 World Cup.
  • Opened ANWR and approved Keystone XL and Dakota Access Pipelines.
  • Record number of regulations eliminated.
  • Enacted regulatory relief for community banks and credit unions.
  • Obamacare individual mandate penalty GONE.
  • My Administration is providing more affordable healthcare options for Americans through association health plans and short-term duration plans.
  • Last month, the FDA approved more affordable generic drugs than ever before in history. And thanks to our efforts, many drug companies are freezing or reversing planned price increases.
  • We reformed the Medicare program to stop hospitals from overcharging low-income seniors on their drugs—saving seniors hundreds of millions of dollars this year alone.
  • Signed Right-To-Try legislation.
  • Secured $6 billion in NEW funding to fight the opioid epidemic.
  • We have reduced high-dose opioid prescriptions by 16 percent during my first year in office.
  • Signed VA Choice Act and VA Accountability Act, expanded VA telehealth services, walk-in-clinics, and same-day urgent primary and mental health care.
  • Increased our coal exports by 60 percent; U.S. oil production recently reached all-time high.
  • United States is a net natural gas exporter for the first time since 1957.
  • Withdrew the United States from the job-killing Paris Climate Accord.
  • Cancelled the illegal, anti-coal, so-called Clean Power Plan.
  • Secured record $700 billion in military funding; $716 billion next year.
  • NATO allies are spending $69 billion more on defense since 2016.
  • Process has begun to make the Space Force the 6th branch of the Armed Forces.
  • Confirmed more circuit court judges than any other new administration.
  • Confirmed Supreme Court Justice Neil Gorsuch and nominated Judge Brett Kavanaugh.
  • Withdrew from the horrible, one-sided Iran Deal.
  • Moved U.S. Embassy to Jerusalem.
  • Protecting Americans from terrorists with the Travel Ban, upheld by Supreme Court.
  • Issued Executive Order to keep open Guantanamo Bay.
  • Concluded a historic U.S.-Mexico Trade Deal to replace NAFTA. And negotiations with Canada are underway as we speak.
  • Reached a breakthrough agreement with the E.U. to increase U.S. exports.
  • Imposed tariffs on foreign steel and aluminum to protect our national security.
  • Imposed tariffs on China in response to China’s forced technology transfer, intellectual property theft, and their chronically abusive trade practices.
  • Net exports are on track to increase by $59 billion this year.
  • Improved vetting and screening for refugees, and switched focus to overseas resettlement.
  • We have begun BUILDING THE WALL. Republicans want STRONG BORDERS and NO CRIME. Democrats want OPEN BORDERS which equals MASSIVE CRIME.
  • -Whitehouse.gov.

4 Likes Save    
Kitchenwitch111

Whitehouse.gov.

Only fools believe anything this White House says.

11 Likes Save    
numbersjunkie

It would be really fun to take apart every single bullet point posted above! I have to head out now, but hopeful some others can start the ball rolling...

1 Like Save    
margaux

More manipulation of the uninformed by Trump enablers.

3 Likes Save    
Parm

You forgot to mention in your long list of stroking how he is bankrupting the country.

But hey you just keep praising your racist president. He is all yours.

3 Likes Save    
Wants to Grow

I call them them the Hit Squad. And, they are looking to take out centrist Democrats, along with Republicans.

2 Likes Save    
Carro

Stan, but but but...."basic human rights!!"

Oh, why didn't Obama get prison reform done again?

1 Like Save    
Stan Areted

Obama was too busy pontificating, Carro, and bowing.

1 Like Save    
Joaniepoanie

Well, the upside, this 24/7 obsession with AOC has given us a reprieve from Hilary!

2 Likes Save    
Zalco/bring back Sophie!

I am pretty left leaning, and yet I find the tone of some of those Dems in that so-called squad distasteful. The language and vitriol is ugly. Trump has set such an ugly tone for the country. He is vulgar and people react to him with vulgarity. I hope his latest gambit fails, but I think it's probably a winner. To think we have Archie Bunker's favorite retort to Meathead coming straight out of the White House. How far we have fallen.

5 Likes Save    
3 Likes Save    
chase_gw

The "squad" is NOT the face of the Democratic Party. Not at all, that is totally fabricated . Almost all of the new Congress critters elected in the 2018 dump of Trump Republicans are moderates.

These four have very far left positions but that is no different than the Tea Party or Freedom Caucus who are very far right. Difference is these four have no significant influence, they don't carry enough weight to derail Pelosi's moderate left to light progressive leaning agenda. most Democrats think these four are "out there" with many of their comments.

Trump and the Trumpettes are going to try and paint the entire party using these four but it is only going to work for the base who are already there.....it won't convert anyone over to Trump which is what he needs. Solidifying the base and growing the base are two different things.

5 Likes Save    
tryingtounderstand

Re Naafta, the new Naafta, referred to as Naafta Light has not changed much from a Canadian perspective. Many of the new elements in the USMCA draw heavily on the Comprehensive and Progressive Trans-Pacific Partnership, the 11-country Asia-Pacific free trade deal abandoned by the Trump administration in 2016.

Trump wanted Canada to do away with Dairy Supply Management. This did not happen. Another goal was to ensure USA dairy farmers enter the Canadian dairy market. USA farmers were given the same deal as the Asia Pacific deal.

Save    
lurker111
1 Like Save    
metro

as it avoids factual info, not his strong suit, and plays on emotion

I see that displayed here with innumerable threads. Nonsense begets nonsense.

1 Like Save    
Ziemia(6a)

1 Like Save    
katrina_ellen

I call them the wolf pack, drawing out their prey with their own divisive comments and going for the attack when Trump responds. Nonsense.

2 Likes Save    
margaux

How easily drawn out then. Just what we need as our Commander-in-Chief.

Save    
cait1

universalist nationalism

I highly doubt Jefferson had theology in mind when he wrote the DoI.

Only WaPOS could totally subvert the intention of the DoI. What an absolute rag.

liberal Enlightenment

1 Like Save    
Ziemia(6a)

You'd have to ask Kagan what he means.

Save    
Ziemia(6a)

"He [Trump] knows that a great number of Americans in both parties have little sympathy for the Squad, and for all kinds of reasons, ranging from simple racism, Islamophobia and misogyny, to genuine policy disagreements, to unhappiness with the bigotry and insensitivity that members of the Squad have themselves sometimes displayed."

,*******

PS: of course Kagan is thinking about those who identify as Pub or Dem. There are a lot of potential voters who don't.

Save    
socks(10a)

4 people out of over 435 are the face of the party? Nope. They have the limelight for the moment, that's all.

3 Likes Save    
Jess

I call them the wolf pack,

You are that afraid of "liberals"?

LOL

3 Likes Save    
chase_gw

I don't know what you know about wolf packs but they are a very sophisticated and highly organized with a strong sense of community.

5 Likes Save    
katrina_ellen

There's no drama and accusations from the press for the wolfpacks words, they support them and demonize Trump when he responds. This is everyday occurance, the constant undermining of Trump, hoping to either impeach or gain power in 2020. This is how the left is transparent.

Save    
HU-219136540

Calling 4 women the "squat"

That's classy.

1 Like Save    
margaux

The Squat are the face of the Demonrat party.

I swear, sometimes I think Trump is here posting.

3 Likes Save    
paprikash

1 Like Save    
HU-219136540

I don't believe in fairy tales and myths. I out grew them at about 8 years of age.

1 Like Save    
carolb_w_fl_coastal_9b(zone 9/10)

So what was topic those women were calling attention to, before our president decided to share his lovely thoughts about them on Twitter?

I've noticed the news media isn't saying as much about it now....

1 Like Save    
mrskjun(9)

The four horsewomen of the Apocalypse love the limelight. They would trip Adam Schiff to get in front of a camera. And no one should try to stop them. The republicans won't even have to pay for ads, just air clips. The anti-Semitic tropes, the concentration camps, the Nazi border patrol agents, abolish ICE, the green new deal, the free everything,the racist rants. Pushing the 2020 candidates off a left cliff. Even moderate democrats cringe when they speak. We will certainly do our part to keep them front and center.

2 Likes Save    
chase_gw

The only people those four have any power over is Trump and his supporters......they represent 4 districts...woopie ! If I was Trump I would concentrate on policy and the those running against him, that's where his vulnerability lies.

These four mean nothing....but they are easy targets who stir up the hatred in the base...but that's where it ends.

I noticed the new You Gov polls place healthcare at the top of the list of issues important to voters. Maybe Trump should talk up his healthcare policy........oh right, he hasn't got one to talk about.

The number one issue for 2020 and he has NO policy, NO answer ! Which is why he has to deflect to red meat. Just watch how hateful he will be tonight and watch the cheering crowd!

4 Likes Save    
Linda

The Pukey Pubs get shriller and more hysterical as the day of reckoning (the election) beckons and panic sets in. Just ignore their fearful cries. I welcome that day of reckoning.

1 Like Save    
petalique

A mere fraction of The House gets the trumPEEs all nail biting, tossing and turning, interNUT flickering. Four new House members, female and with darker complexions than the illegitimate spray-tan demagogue with his TV remote at our White House, and trump’s swampeesphere goes all fuse burning nuts. Melting, fearful cult flakes. Here are some Imodium coupons for your Nervous Ned team.

1 Like Save    
Parm

Imagine using a bible verse to attack someone. Pathetic.

3 Likes Save    
lurker111

lol

Save    
Browse Gardening and Landscaping Stories on Houzz See all Stories
Furniture Windsor Chairs Join the Mod Squad
Think Windsor chairs are an Early American relic? These new takes put them squarely in the 21st century
Full Story
Showers Outfit Your Shower With the Right Bench for You
Whether you want a simple perch or a massive seat in your shower, our guide can help
Full Story
Inspiration for some backyard chats
Inspiration for a warm welcome
Inspiration for dinner time under the stars
Inspiration for a little quality time
Inspiration for making that best pizza ever
We are an award winning a remodeling company, focusing on complete kitchen, bathroom, basement & sun room... Read More