Is this really who we are?

mrskjun(9)

"Anarchists, members of Antifa, and other extremists have eulogized a man who was killed by police while attacking an immigrant detention center with incendiary devices.

A group of roughly two dozen anarchists and Antifa members on July 14 placed candles near the site of the attack at the privately operated Northwest Detention Center in Tacoma, Washington."

https://www.theepochtimes.com/extremists-glorify-slain-antifa-terrorist-who-firebombed-immigrant-detention-center_3003038.html

SaveComment90Like
Comments (90)
Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
mrskjun(9)
1 Like Save    
Fuhgetabauti

This is who Democrats are, yes.

3 Likes Save    
jama7(6)

Antifa is a teeny tiny extremist org that no one pays any attention to and it represents no one else. 2 doz seems to be their average turnout.

So no...it's not who we are.

6 Likes Save    
Fuhgetabauti

Antifa is the terrorist arm of the Democratic Party. Same as the KKK many years ago.

4 Likes Save    
foodonastump

Difference is Dems will generally distance themselves from extremists like antifa. Repubs elect them.

23 Likes Save    
nancy_in_venice_ca Sunset 24 z10

A group of dozen persons does not represent the US.

Antifa has always been a small, fringe group — even as the Black Bloc in antiwar demonstrations. Ten kids dressed entirely in black would have been a good turnout in an anti-Iraq war protest of five thousand.

Save    
foodonastump

The serious answer though is if you don’t like being stereotyped then don’t stereotype. At some point you’re part of the problem.

9 Likes Save    

Antifa look down on Democrats as being too accommodating to a corrupt power structure.

2 Likes Save    
tryingtounderstand

This is not the America of former presidents, ranging from Lincoln to Obama. Regardless of party, this country is not as it once was. Perhaps, though this is the America of the civil war. We have a president, who perhaps does not think before he speaks, we have Congress people who also do not think things through as they should. Not sure how this will all stop, seems like everyone ought to go to their rooms, calm down and think about what is important.

if these colossal arguments were being held on a playground, among fighting children, a stop would be put to it. Hopefully, America will once again be at peace with itself. There are bigger foes to fight.

5 Likes Save    
maddielee

When and why did the right start believing that Antifa speaks for over half of our country?

4 Likes Save    
lurker111

A product of the left. Nothing more, nothing less.

Inspired by AOC?

1 Like Save    
Kathy

Antifa are Anti-fascists. The only people who should fear them are Fascists. It is a loosely organized group of leftists. The Democratic Party does not condone violence but thinks elections should be the way to counter fascism.

2 Likes Save    
mrskjun(9)

Whoa! When I asked the question, is this who we are, I was talking about all of us. We've become flamethrowers, both left and right. We go to our corners and come out fighting. Don't blame it on the president, don't blame it on congress. What has happened to us? My first question and you can agree or disagree. Are we being media manipulated? Do we feed their 24 hour news cycle? Is this how they want us to be? Or do you see another reason?

1 Like Save    
lurker111

The only people who should fear them are Fascists.

People should fear them. Thank you for making that clear. Guantanamo Bay sound like a cozy place for them.

Save    
Kathy

Fascists are people, yes, and Antifa is anti-fascist. Proud boys would do good in Guantanamo. Fascism is the goal of Trump and his White Nationalists.

• Hatred of democracy. Power should be held by those strong and clever enough to seize it, preferably a dictator.
  • The necessity of violence. Force is a legitimate way to achieve power and war is good because it binds us together.
  • Biology as destiny. Men are born to work, women to have lots of babies. Europeans are inherently superior thanks to a mix of breeding and education.
  • National identity. People are better off sticking to their own, and competition between nations is inevitable and even a constructive force in history.
  • Politics is everything. There is no aspect of society that is separable from political theory and action, a view that climaxed in totalitarianism, as depicted in George Orwell's novel 1984.

1 Like Save    
Jess

Is the really who we are?

2 Likes Save    
Jess

2 Likes Save    
Jess

2 Likes Save    
Ann Gale

The projection in this thread is hilarious. Facts are your friends. Unless you support Trump.

3 Likes Save    
maddielee

When you post ‘who we are’ you are implying that you believe that “we” all think the same.

1 Like Save    
lurker111

No racism. He just put them in the same basket of deplorables. He only mentioned the corrupt governments, Nothing about race. Does the left even know what a racist is? Putting down a government is...RACIST!!! ??? TDS

2 Likes Save    

The comments explaining the context of the OP appear to ignore the many struggles we’ve had over issues since the country’s first days.

Just since WW2 we have been sharply divided over Joe McCarthy’s witch hunts, the civil rights movement, Jim Crow, the Vietnam War, women’s rights, environmental activism, the AIDS crisis, LGBTQ rights, and likely two or three important issues that I left out.

Edited to add: Bush’s appointment by SCOTUS, and the large protests against the Iraq invasion and occupation.

1 Like Save    
mrskjun(9)

LOL numbersjunkie...you are right. None of us!

Save    
lurker111

The left created a monster. Yes, it's who..."we" are.

Save    
Kathy

https://www.nbcnews.com/politics/politics-news/read-full-text-house-resolution-condemning-trump-s-racist-comments-n1030281

Read: Full text of House resolution condemning Trump's 'racist comments'

House Democrats introduced a resolution Monday condemning President Donald Trump for 'racist comments' directed at a group of newly elected progressive congresswomen of color.

July 16, 2019, 8:46 AM EDT

House Democrats introduced a resolution Monday condemning President Donald Trump for 'racist comments' directed at a group of newly elected progressive congresswomen of color. Trump said Monday that those lawmakers — Reps. Ilhan Omar of Minnesota, Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez of New York, Ayanna Pressley of Massachusetts and Rashida Tlaib of Michigan — hate the United States and Israel and should leave the country if they were not happy here. On Sunday, Trump tweeted the members, all but one of whom were born in the United States, should "go back" and try to fix the "crime infested places" they "originally came from" before telling the U.S. government how to handle its problems.

Read the text of the resolution below:

RESOLUTION Condemning President Trump’s racist comments directed at Members of Congress.

Whereas the Founders conceived America as a haven of refuge for people fleeing from religious and political persecution, and Thomas Jefferson, Alexander Hamilton, and James Madison all emphasized that the Nation gained as it attracted new people in search of freedom and livelihood for their families;

Whereas the Declaration of Independence defined America as a covenant based on equality, the unalienable Rights of life, liberty and the pursuit of happiness, and government by the consent of the people;

Whereas Benjamin Franklin said at the Constitutional convention, ‘‘When foreigners after looking about for some other Country in which they can obtain more happiness, give a preference to ours, it is a proof of attachment which ought to excite our confidence and affection’’;

Whereas President Franklin D. Roosevelt said, ‘‘Remember, remember always, that all of us, and you and I especially, are descended from immigrants and revolutionists’’;

Whereas immigration of people from all over the Earth has defined every stage of American history and propelled our social, economic, political, scientific, cultural, artistic and technological progress as a people, and all Americans, except for the descendants of Native people and enslaved African-Americans, are immigrants or descendants of immigrants;

Whereas the commitment to immigration and asylum has been not a partisan cause but a powerful national value that has infused the work of many Presidents;

Whereas American patriotism is defined not by race or ethnicity but by devotion to the Constitutional ideals of equality, liberty, inclusion, and democracy and by service to our communities and struggle for the common good;

Whereas President John F. Kennedy, whose family came to the United States from Ireland, stated in his 1958 book ‘‘A Nation of Immigrants’’ that ‘‘The contribution of immigrants can be seen in every aspect of our national life. We see it in religion, in politics, in business, in the arts, in education, even in athletics and entertainment. There is no part of our nation that has not been touched by our immigrant background. Everywhere immigrants have enriched and strengthened the fabric of American life.’’;

Whereas President Ronald Reagan in his last speech as President conveyed ‘‘An observation about a country which I love’’;

Whereas as President Reagan observed, the torch of Lady Liberty symbolizes our freedom and represents our heritage, the compact with our parents, our grandparents, and our ancestors, and it is the Statue of Liberty and its values that give us our great and special place in the world;

Whereas other countries may seek to compete with us, but in one vital area, as ‘‘a beacon of freedom and opportunity that draws the people of the world, no country on Earth comes close’’;

Whereas it is the great life force of ‘‘each generation of new Americans that guarantees that America’s triumph shall continue unsurpassed’’ through the 21st century and beyond and is part of the ‘‘magical, intoxicating power of America’’;

Whereas this is ‘‘one of the most important sources of America’s greatness: we lead the world because, unique among nations, we draw our people -- our strength -- from every country and every corner of the world, and by doing so we continuously renew and enrich our nation’’;

Whereas ‘‘thanks to each wave of new arrivals to this land of opportunity, we’re a nation forever young, forever bursting with energy and new ideas, and always on the cutting edge’’, always leading the world to the next frontier;

Whereas this openness is vital to our future as a Nation, and ‘‘if we ever closed the door to new Americans, our leadership in the world would soon be lost’’; and

Whereas President Donald Trump’s racist comments have legitimized fear and hatred of new Americans and people of color: Now, therefore, be it Resolved, That the House of Representatives—

(1) believes that immigrants and their descendants have made America stronger, and that those who take the oath of citizenship are every bit as American as those whose families have lived in the United States for many generations;

(2) is committed to keeping America open to those lawfully seeking refuge and asylum from violence and oppression, and those who are willing to work hard to live the American Dream, no matter their race, ethnicity, faith, or country of origin; and

(3) strongly condemns President Donald Trump’s racist comments that have legitimized and increased fear and hatred of new Americans and people of color by saying that our fellow Americans who are immigrants, and those who may look to the President like immigrants, should ‘‘go back’’ to other countries, by referring to immigrants and asylum seekers as ‘‘invaders,’’ and by saying that Members of Congress who are immigrants (or those of our colleagues who are wrongly assumed to be immigrants) do not belong in Congress or in the United States of America.

4 Likes Save    
Jess

No racism

Even after Trump admits that he is racist and these are racist comments, the righties continue to try and deny the truth.

The truth hurts, doesn't it

3 Likes Save    
cyn427 (z. 7, N. VA)(zone 7, Northern VA)

"Anarchists, members of Antifa, and other extremists..."

"Whoa! When I asked the question, is this who we are, I was talking about all of us."

Mrsk, are you saying we have all become extremists? That is what it sounds like in your OP. I would disagree, but I do think the leaders of the Republican party (Trump and McConnell) are indeed extremists. Even your former RNC chair, Michael Steele, has said that part of the problem is that the president is being treated by media and Republicans as if he is no different from the 44 men who preceded him, but that he is not at all like any other president. He is nothing like any of the others and that needs to be acknowledged (and not by saying that he is the best ever).

ETA: The examples of his past racism (housing, birtherism) always seem to be ignored. He is a racist and always has been.

8 Likes Save    
blfenton

So, Mrskjun - instead of asking 'Is this really who we are" is antifa, why not ask "Is this really who we are" is white supremacist. Either way it's inflammatory and you got what you wanted.

I'm going to go out on a limb here and say that no one on this forum belongs to either of those two way off of center groups.

I'm also going to go out on a limb here and say that yes, both of those two groups do and have always existed in extremely small numbers and they are both taking up way too much time in the media and are making way too much noise and causing way too much damage for the size of the groups. And that's unfortunate.

They are both a very noisy and extremely small minority. Perhaps it's those rose-coloured glasses that I tend to wear when looking at my fellow human beings that is forming my opinion.

ETA - corrected grammar

5 Likes Save    
mrskjun(9)

Ok, so this is who we are. I'll leave it at that and join right in. So where is the resolution condemning Omar for her anti_Semetic remarks. Where is the censure for Nancy Pelosi calling Trump a racist on the floor of congress. Ok, your turn.

1 Like Save    
Ziemia(6a)

Worth a repeat:

"Even your former RNC chair, Michael Steele, has said that part of the problem is that the president is being treated by media and Republicans as if he is no different from the 44 men who preceded him, "

4 Likes Save    
Ziemia(6a)

Found this: November 2018

"Former Republican National Committee (RNC) Chairman Michael Steele took aim at Republicans around the country on Tuesday for allowing what he called the president's "inherent racism" to take control of the party's messaging."

4 Likes Save    
Kathy

Pelosi said his comments were racist. She didn’t call him a racist. Words matter.

6 Likes Save    
Chi

"No racism. He just put them in the same basket of deplorables. He only mentioned the corrupt governments, Nothing about race. Does the left even know what a racist is? Putting down a government is...RACIST!!! ??? TDS"

But they are all US citizens and 3 of them were born in the US. The only corrupt government they are from is the US!

I do agree with him there - the US government is very corrupt right now.

8 Likes Save    
lurker111

I've never been a republican. I'm an ex-crat Kucinich supporter. I couldn't stand most of the politicians on both sides. I am a Trump supporter. :)

Definitions of words matter, too.

Save    
Kathy

Here, rising anti-Semitism is most closely associated with the online alt-right rather than the pro-Palestinian left. These people, Trump fans whom the president has done little to distance himself from, harass and threaten Jewish journalists and public figures. This is where David Duke — who served in the Louisiana legislature as a Republican — feels comfortable. This is the milieu from which the Pittsburgh synagogue shooter emerged.

Republican elected officials are quick to condemn Omar but do not seem to see how their own rhetoric encourages these far worse elements who identify as part of the political right. The double standard is palpable, and has largely been downplayed in coverage of the Omar situation.

But it shouldn’t be. While the Democratic Party handled an offensive comment quickly, Republicans have never shown a willingness to do the same when it comes to right-wing anti-Semitism. There’s a reason most Jews in the United States are Democrats, and will likely remain so for the foreseeable future.

https://www.vox.com/policy-and-politics/2019/2/12/18220241/ilhan-omars-twitter-tweet-anti-semitism

2 Likes Save    
metro

Great title if you're talking about The Occupant of the WH. My answer would be a resounding yes.

2 Likes Save    
Kathy

Trump says he wants to MAGA but then he is critical of those who want to Improve America. It doesn’t make sense.

‘Quite often he gives mixed messages. In fact all the time. He backtracks and contradicts himself. It is a plan to keep people disorientated, then he doubles down and says that not what he meant.

He is the worst example of an exemplary American.

5 Likes Save    
numbersjunkie

This:

7 Likes Save    
Jess

condemning Omar for her anti_Semetic [sic] remarks.

Rep. Omar's remarks were not antisemitic, Rep, Omar attacked the policies and actions of the government of Israel

Using your definition, anyone who attacked the policies or actions of President Obama;s administration can be called racist.

And I bet a quick search of old thread will be very, very enlightening.

10 Likes Save    
patriciae_gw(07)

So far as I have read Omar's comments can anti Israeli which is not the same as anti Semitic since you can be an Israeli and not be Semitic let alone Jewish. It is similar to comments about the US not inherently being racist because we aren't a race, we are a country.

It is amusing that the countries that Trump described with such vitriol was the US.

5 Likes Save    
margaux

I am trying to understand the mindset of the OP. As the House of
Representatives prepares to vote to condemn the President of the United
States for racist remarks, she is concerned about a handful of antifa
extremists placing candles. And that handful of extremists represents to
her what is wrong with politics today?

10 Likes Save    
elvis

foodonastump

Difference is Dems will generally distance themselves from extremists like antifa. Repubs elect them.

I beg to differ. Occasional Cortex and her gang were elected, presumably by Democrats, and they are certainly extremists.

1 Like Save    
vgkg Z-7 Va(Z-7)

When one of them runs down a crowd of people with their car let me know.

3 Likes Save    
elvis

Kathy

Fascists are people, yes, and Antifa is anti-fascist. Proud boys would do good in Guantanamo. Fascism is the goal of Trump and his White Nationalists.

• Hatred of democracy. Power should be held by those strong and clever enough to seize it, preferably a dictator.
  • The necessity of violence. Force is a legitimate way to achieve power and war is good because it binds us together.
  • Biology as destiny. Men are born to work, women to have lots of babies. Europeans are inherently superior thanks to a mix of breeding and education.
  • National identity. People are better off sticking to their own, and competition between nations is inevitable and even a constructive force in history.
  • Politics is everything. There is no aspect of society that is separable from political theory and action, a view that climaxed in totalitarianism, as depicted in George Orwell's novel 1984.

Kathy, what is this list for ^^^? You believe in these 5 things you listed above?

Save    
elvis

Kathy

Pelosi said his comments were racist. She didn’t call him a racist. Words matter.

Yup, she's smart. If she was a poster here, she would take some of the lefties here apart.

Save    
enegiram

The Epoch Times is just another right leaning rag....

Save    
catkinZ8a

Jess

Using your definition, anyone who attacked the policies or actions of President Obama;s administration can be called racist.

And I bet a quick search of old thread will be very, very enlightening.

Save    
Solsthumper

"Where is the censure for Nancy Pelosi calling Trump a racist on the floor of congress."

Yes, the Lying King got pelosied. But why should the Speaker of the House be censured for telling the truth, by denouncing his racist tweets?

Sol

4 Likes Save    
catkinZ8a

Welcome 'Hip popper'!

Save    
Kathy

Lol

Save    
kaych

CNN has used the word “racist” while discussing Donald Trump a staggering 636 times since Sunday morning, and this excludes the chyron count:

For MSNBC the number is 471 times:

And there’s the narrative:

It’s weird how this only goes one way, too:

We’re on Day 3 now and it doesn’t look like this story is slowing down anytime soon:

https://twitchy.com/gregp-3534/2019/07/16/heres-how-many-times-cnn-and-msnbc-have-used-the-word-racist-since-sunday-while-discussing-donald-trump/

Save    
kaych

This is disgusting

Save    
Ziemia(6a)

Who are we?

With President Trump we have dramatically increased the number of people being incarcerated under inhumane conditions.

Save    
ubro(2a)

CNN has used the word “racist” while discussing Donald Trump a staggering 636 times since Sunday morning

I would bet that CTV and the CBC might have that number beat. It is hot news when the leader of a country tweets a comment that reveals his racist views. Politicians are usually more 'politically correct' when they speak but this was an 'in your face' moment and is front and centre on all the news channels.

3 Likes Save    

Have no doubts; foreign news bureaus are characterizing Trump’s remarks as racist.

3 Likes Save    
cait1

To answer the OP:

Yes, everyone is radicalized to a certain degree.

I'll get some definitions out of the way according to how I view it, no one has to agree:

The more a person's ideology moves left, the more intolerant, violent, tyrannical, oppressive, controlling that person will be. The left-minded person believes in the group/collective and the influence and power that comes from those numbers. It creates a hierarchy where a leader becomes necessary and all are subordinate to h/h.

The more a person's ideology moves right, the more tolerant, peaceful, considerate, temperate, liberating that person will be. The right minded person believes solely in the strength of the individual and the individual's inherent rights. The individual is h/h own master and s/he bows to no other.

There will always be those who need to dominate and always be those who want to be left alone.

There will always be those who demand others think, speak and act in a particular way and the others who say think, speak, act as you want just don't expect me to.

There will always be those who are intolerant of those who aren't like them and those who don't care on whit how anyone is as long as they aren't forced to conform to how others conduct themselves.

Pressley's rant confirms that the dem party Pressley et al envisions is one of strict conformity - browns must speak in a brown voice, blacks must speak in a black voice, Muslims must speak in a Muslim voice and queers must speak in a queer voice. No stepping outside the box the dem party created for you even though no one knows what those boxes mean or even what a brown, black, Muslim or queer voice is supposed to sound like assuring the dem party's descent into ridiculousness.

Looking at it this way I'm very thankful she left good ol' whitey out of her rant. I have no idea how to speak 'white', I only know how to speak like me.

The debates concerning the government and its functions have been with this country from the very beginning. Although a small but energetic government was envisioned, those seeking power could not allow that to stand. Statists love BigGov, those who value their individual liberties rebuke the attempts of Statists who wish to control everyone's life through, not just legislative means, but ridicule and violence.

The next question to be asked is.... on which side do you align?

Save    
chase_gw

The CBC is really on this story as is the BBC. This is huge news especially in the countries Americans "came from" .......which is petty much every where but America. I

t is amazing the fall the US has taken in stature, respect and as a standard bearer of human rights and equality....and don't think for one moment Kim respects him, he and Putin laugh at his weakness and how easily he can be played.

2 Likes Save    
cattyles

It’s news when the “president” of the US is a blatant racist. Don’t blame the reporters. They’re doing their job.

3 Likes Save    
Annie Deighnaugh

Ok, so this is who we are. I'll leave it at that and join right in.

This in response to many people arguing that this is not who we are.

Well, if you don't want that to be part of who we are, I suggest you not join in. One can either be part of the problem, or part of the solution. Perhaps not giving air time to the likes of radicals like antifa or the kkk would be a start.

It's like the noise level in a crowded restaurant...the louder it gets, the louder it gets as people struggle to be heard over the other loud people. But if everyone speaks softly, everyone can hear and no one need shout because the overall noise level is reasonable. So the louder you shout, the louder it gets, and the quality of communication deteriorates substantially.

3 Likes Save    
Annie Deighnaugh

Remember when it was a huge deal for the NYT to finally call the president a liar? Now it's done regularly and his lies are thoroughly documented.

Right now it's a big deal to call him a racist, but it won't be soon as the evidence of his racism ramps up through this campaign to appeal to his base and soon it will be embraced. It has to be. The only way authoritarian leaders can subsume more power is by declaring emergencies...and these emergencies require enemies...and making enemies means spewing hate for "the other" however it's defined, be it women, blacks, muslims, mexicans, NFL players, whatever. In trump's case, "the other" is *always* anyone who criticizes trump.

1 Like Save    
lurker111

Just wondering what a handful is to the left. Someone actually said a dozen. Are they really that far removed from reality?

1 Like Save    
adoptedbyhounds

"Have no doubts; foreign news bureaus are characterizing Trump’s remarks as racist."

No surprise there. Global interests have much to lose when the US refuses to be a doormat.

2 Likes Save    
Kathy

Trump has made many many racist remarks from the day he started running for President. This is just the first time it has gone on record in Congress to call him out on it. If anyone denies this, they are just as guilty as the President. There is no way to defend his actions unless you agree.

Save    
lurker111

Have no doubts; foreign news bureaus are characterizing Trump’s remarks as racist.

Foreign propaganda and interference with our elections is being investigated under a microscope now.

Save    
mrskjun(9)

A handful of Antifa with candles? You really said that? They were carrying incendiary devices. The man with the rifle was trying to blow up a propane tank which would have killed many of the detainees as well as agents in that detention center. But no big deal? I suppose democrats said the same when the KKK were doing their thing. Just a few guys with torches.

1 Like Save    
Carro

Fuhgetabauti

Antifa is the terrorist arm of the Democratic Party. Same as the KKK many years ago.

Bingo. A year or so ago, at least Democrats would utter their name and recognize them as the domestic terrorists they are. But now Democrats refuse to condemn them, let alone the Antifa terrorist who attacked an ICE facility and was killed. AOC refuses to condemn the incident, where the terrorist repeated HER WORDS over and over in manifesto. This soldier died for her rhetoric, and she remains silent.

Because that would disrupt the narrative that it's SHE that is the victim.

1 Like Save    
Stan Areted

No surprise there. Global interests have much to lose when the US refuses to be a doormat.

You've got that right, adoptedbyhounds!

There's a new sheriff in town!

Save    
Carro

I suppose democrats said the same when the KKK were doing their thing. Just a few guys with torches.

mrskjun, I think we should let them speak to that...

The KKK "is a teeny tiny extremist org that no one pays any attention to and it represents no one else. 2 doz seems to be their average turnout."

So, no biggie, right Left?

Save    
Stan Areted

What? The terrorist repeated AOC's words?

What does she have to say about that?

Yes, mrskjun, "this" is who a lot of people are.

Save    
Carro

foodonastump

Difference is Dems will generally distance themselves from extremists like antifa.

You're joking, right? Please tell me you're joking and don't really believe that refusing to even answer a question about a domestic terrorist attack is distancing themselves.

Tell us, why would it be hard to denounce and condemn a domestic terrorist attack, particularly one done with exact phrasing and rhetoric espoused by Democrats?

Save    
cyn427 (z. 7, N. VA)(zone 7, Northern VA)

"I suppose democrats said the same when the KKK were doing their thing. Just a few guys with torches."

Liberals did not say that, but you know that, don't you? As do all the other right wingers who trot out that trope every chance they get.

Save    
Carro

Stan Areted

What? The terrorist repeated AOC's words?

What does she have to say about that?

The Antifa terrorists mirrored AOC's rhetoric about "concentration camps" (thanks to irresponsible MSM amplifying, justifying and normalizing it) in his manifesto.

AOC refuses to answer any question about it. Omar won't either.

That would hurt their little victim narrative.

Save    
numbersjunkie

Kathy: Pelosi said his comments were racist. She didn’t call him a racist. Words matter.

Elvis: Yup, she's smart. If she was a poster here, she would take some of the lefties here apart.

LOL, "Smart" is not one of the words I've heard the Trumpsters call Pelosi before. I thought she was a "mess", or "deranged", or "senile"........

And she continues to take Trump apart, as in "she'll slit your throat and you wont even know you're bleeding" [hope I got that quote correct].

Save    
Carro

Kathy

Antifa are Anti-fascists. The only people who should fear them are Fascists.

LOL, like Andy Ngo, who had his head beat in? Is he a fascist?

I mean, c'mon....do you really believe this stuff?

Save    
Kathy

Violence is never the answer. That is why we need to vote out Trump. He is the agitator Chief. King of divisiveness. His racists comments are inciting violence instead of peace. Telling people to go back where they came from is a racist trope every person of color has heard for years. If he is too stupid to know that he doesn’t belong in the WH.

America is better than that, vote him out.

3 Likes Save    
Ziemia(6a)

What about Heather Heyer who was run down by a fascist? Or would prefer '...run down by a member of the Alt-Right'?

PS: remember that it seems there never were concrete milk shakes even though some here offered proof.

PPS: TrumpFans here are into supporting each other repeatedly.

1 Like Save    
margaux

Yes, I said that, mrskjun, because I read your OP.

A group of roughly two dozen anarchists and Antifa members on July 14 placed candles near the site of the attack at the privately operated Northwest Detention Center in Tacoma, Washington."

Was I supposed to read the article to figure out what you meant by "Is this who we really are?" When I saw the thread title, I thought there might be some heart-felt regret about the state of things but instead you and those who responded compared Democrats to antifa. Then you claim you're talking about all of us.

Is this what you want to know?

What has happened to us? My first question and you can agree or disagree. Are we being media manipulated? Do we feed their 24 hour news cycle? Is this how they want us to be? Or do you see another reason?

Yes, we're manipulated by media because too many of us park our butts in front of cable TV and let them do the thinking for us. Or read blogs by far left or right extremists with very clear agendas. Or wallow in the very bowels of the internet where conspiracy theorists and white supremacists abound.

Do you feel manipulated by media? You more than anyone parrot Fox News. You more than anyone repeat falsehoods even though you've been corrected dozens of times. There is source material that could dispel you of misinformation but it doesn't seem to interest you, not when you have Fox and friends and Trump to tell you what to be angry about. Shoot, you still haven't gotten over JFK.

3 Likes Save    
Carro

Democrats=Antifa=violence.

Yet at EVERY turn, they fail to denounce Antifa violence and stoke the flames with hyperbolic and anti-Semitic rhetoric.

Save    
Kathy

Lol, very weird projection.

Save    
margaux

Let me add that to my list:

Carro

Democrats=Antifa=violence.

Yet at EVERY turn, they fail to denounce Antifa violence and stoke the flames with hyperbolic and anti-Semitic rhetoric.

Save    
Ziemia(6a)

They must be trialing various Trump Campaign themes. Working to get reactions from the NotTrumpFans. And yet have zero way to dialogue.

1 Like Save    
Kathy

Here is who Trump is. That’s all I need to know. A womanizer. Mar-a-Lao Party. Vote him out.

https://www.nbcnews.com/news/us-news/tape-shows-donald-trump-jeffrey-epstein-discussing-women-1992-party-n1030686

Save    
jama7(6)

Kathy

Violence is never the answer. That is why we need to vote out Trump. He is the agitator Chief. King of divisiveness. His racists comments are inciting violence instead of peace. Telling people to go back where they came from is a racist trope every person of color has heard for years. If he is too stupid to know that he doesn’t belong in the WH.

THIS. Naturally Eric Trump was just on denying Trump is a racist and you know what? I DO think he's that dumb and might have no idea of what might constitute a racist statement unless it's soooo overt he's tripping over it. I've found many Trumpers to be just as literal...you gotta hit them over the head for them to acknowledge it; it's gotta be those nasty words uttered. Trump knows celebrity blacks like Kanye, Tiger Woods & feels comfortable with them because he travels in the same circle of wealth. I guess this gives him and others the illusion he's not racist. He has a history of bigoted remarks and actions against POC that prove differently.

The point that he doubles, triples down on his statements as he did yesterday only magnifies just how arrogant, divisive and stoopid he is. This guy is playing to an audience of about 35%-40% of the country and as long as they keep applauding, he'll keep on doing it.

2 Likes Save    
Kathy

Trump was never a fan of Epstein? Can’t prove it by that video.

Save    
Kathy

Eric Trump said 95% of Americans agree with Trump. That allows the racists and trump supporters to think they are in the majority. Lies perpetuated by liars. It is disgusting.

Save    
Kathy

Jama, Trump knows the statement is racist. It is not only about their ethnicity it is about Muslims and political party. It goes way deeper than even racism.

Save    
jama7(6)

As far as "failing to renounce AntiFa violence" of course we do. We reject all violence as a means to an end, one reason we despise Trump for his stoking it...remember his rallies? That said, drawing moral equalivalency between them and Nazis is a major fail and Nazis are solidly behind Trump and emboldened as never before. This has helped bring AntiFa out of it's dormancy. But although their goals might be lofty sometimes their acts aren't although it's been self defense in some cases that got out of hand. It only takes 1 person on either side to light the spark of violence. I truly never hear much about AntiFa and when I do it's a very small group of people who are militant. I'm sure that has a lot do with the fact that I don't watch Fox or read any of these obscure RW online rags unless absolutely necessary. That's where it's built up... stoking the flames, pushing the propaganda.

1 Like Save    
Kathy

It was in the Mueller report how Russia fanned the flames against Antifa. Of course they would. Fascism. I don’t support violence either but Antifa is often used as an excuse for the RW extremist behavior.

Save    
Annie Deighnaugh

Yet at EVERY turn, they fail to denounce Antifa violence...

I have no problem with that...I denounce Antifa violence.

Happy now?

Save    
Ziemia(6a)

I've denounced Antifa.

I've denounced the covering of faces (done by all kinds of extremist groups - including those that support Trump).

Save    
Browse Gardening and Landscaping Stories on Houzz See all Stories
Pet Places Pet’s Place: 2 Chicago-Area Cats Who Really Know How to Nap
A remodeler’s cats follow her around and find good places nearby for a snooze
Full Story
Fun Houzz How to Build a Really, Really Small House
A four-minute film holds the magnifying glass up to a dollhouse collector smitten with all things small
Full Story
Homes Around the World Guess Who’s Coming to Dinner: The Rise of Supper Clubs
Would you invite strangers into your home for a meal? We visit cooks in London, Rome and Stockholm who are doing this and we get the story
Full Story