Favorite wedding--Here's mine--share yours please!

arcy_gw

DS got married this weekend aboard a river boat.

Wedding party: two sisters two brothers and the bffs.

Groom serenaded his bride "Reading the Book of Love".

SaveComment12Like11
Comments (12)
Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
Judy Good

Very nice!

Save     Thanked by arcy_gw
Annie Deighnaugh

Congrats!

Alisande

What a cool setting, and a beautiful couple. Her dress is lovely. You have a talented son!

I loved it that my daughter and son-in-law, avid skiers, got married atop a mountain--and then skied down. The bride wore white North Face. :-)

3 Likes Save     Thanked by arcy_gw
nickel_kg

Lovely! Many years of happiness to the newlyweds!

OutsidePlaying

How beautiful and a lovely setting! Congratulations to all!

pudgeder

How lovely!!

Debby

The most beautiful wedding I have Ever been to was my nieces wedding three years ago next month. It’s been on several wedding websites I even Found it on Pinterest!

https://luxemountainweddings.com/2018/07/17/same-sex-wedding/

blfenton

Has it been three years already? Wow.

The Riverboat would have been so much fun and it looks like it was a beautiful day for the wedding. Congrats to the beautiful bride and the handsome groom.

bob_cville

The most beautiful and most fun wedding I've been to was a niece's wedding that was held on a party boat in the water around Manhattan. We took a train from Virginia to NYC, found and boarded the boat and sailed over to the New Jersey side where the rest of the guests were to board.

with views like this:

the top deck was set up for the ceremony:

The brides arrived:

and the ceremony was performed with NYC as a backdrop.

after the ceremony the ship sailed up one side of the island, until the sun was setting

and went down past the south end of the island and up the other side of the island

ending with night views of the city

and a visit to this fine lady raising her wine glass in a toast to the brides.

10 Likes Save     Thanked by arcy_gw
watchmelol

My favorite wedding was a non wedding. DD became engaged on Christmas Eve. They planned to take it slow and marry the following summer or fall. But her accounting brain took over and she ran their taxes. She called me in tears that they had to get married now!!! Of course I thought she was with child so I consoled her by saying, well so it's a bit sooner than planned but these things work themselves out etc. She said I'm not pregnant, it's taxes. LOL

So on News Years Eve her brother married her quietly without fanfare. They met halfway as if they were meeting to drop off a package and that was that.

Fast forward to the following year. DD and her DH decide to host an anniversary party. We had been a pirate loving family long before it became a thing with Johnny Depp. She decided the party should be pirate themed and all guests would come dressed as pirates. So she went and had her pirate costume designed with pants and a rip away skirt with matching vest for her DH.

We held it at a local restaurant with a basement. The pirates in attendance all showed up bearing wedding gifts. I got a small tiered cake which I decorated at the last minute with sugar sea shells. They had a sit down banquet with three meal choices for the guests. A new Years Eve Party was in full swing upstairs and we had several party crashers who wanted to visit the pirates and take pictures. People are still talking about that pirate non wedding. to this day.

2 Likes Save     Thanked by arcy_gw
arcy_gw

I have a few friends who have done these deeply themed weddings and everyone says they are the most fun!!

Save    
kathyg_in_mi

My favorite wedding was a friends daughter's wedding (shh, don't tell my kids). It was in the Henry Ford Museum (museum was closed) and married in a small chapel in the museum, then the reception was under an airplane hanging from the ceiling. We had the run of the museum and it was wonderful. About 6 couples sat in the Rosa Parks bus and we talked for about an hour in there. Just being where Mrs. Parks did her protest made me get goose bumps. What a brave woman she was.

The convertible that JFK was riding in was there too. It was a very memorable wedding.

Save    
Browse Gardening and Landscaping Stories on Houzz See all Stories
Christmas Houzz Call: Share Your Favorite Christmas Tradition
Is there one thing you do, watch or eat that heralds the arrival of Christmas? Post a photo and let us know!
Full Story
Most Popular Invite Mining Bees to Your Garden by Planting Their Favorite Plants
Look for mining bees (Andrena) pollinating woodland wildflowers in U.S. gardens this spring
Full Story
Kitchen Islands How to Make Your Kitchen Island Your New Favorite Dining Spot
Use these tricks to create extra space for prepping and eating meals
Full Story