I am soooo bummed out

OklaMoni

I am sooo bummed out! It's one thing to know, the reason one plans a trip is no longer valid, but totally different to see it.

Early spring I read the lavender up here in Michigan at the labyrinth didn't survive the winter.

Well, I have seen it now.

Soooo disappointing! That, along with the hope to see/meet some cyber friends that just didn't come about, makes me think of driving home.

I just spoke with Rose, from near Erie, PA, and will have to pull myself together either way, and make a decision.

I am posting some pictures from the Cherrypoint Market and Lavender labyrinth in the comments

SaveComment9Like1
Comments (9)
Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
OklaMoni

It rained this morning

and the missing lavender

Oh, wait, look, there is one ☹️

Save    
maifleur01

Some of our best trips were when things did not happen the way they were planned. Pull out your phone or computer if it is with you and find an interesting route. Look at the scenery as you drive and if you see a roadside sign for something that looks interesting follow it. Somethings may not be open when you get there but you have seen part of the country that you may never have seen before. You may also find other things along the route that you like better than the attraction that drew you to that route.

I am surprised the lavender has not been replanted. I am aware that it is colder but they also have longer days but when I have planted lavender it is up and while not a full bloom there is some. Edited to add that your pictures did not appear when I first looked at your post.

Save    
blfenton

I am so sorry. Why didn't the Lavender survive? Too cold, too much snow load? Did it just not come up at all? ETA Those ducklings were soooo cute and fuzzy looking.

I was looking forward to hearing about your meet-ups with cyber-friends from here.

Still following your trip so don't cut it short. OK? :)

1 Like Save    
OklaMoni

Ok, I updated the blog.

Pity party is over!

Am really to far away from home not to take the opportunity to visit others. Dan, Evelyn and Rose watch out, I'll head your way.

Moni

3 Likes Save    
cheryl_okla

Hey, how are you? I seldom come here anymore

Save    
OklaMoni

Cheryl, been busy...first with the house, then grand kids, and the older daughter had moved in for a while. Finally escaped, went on a trip which included a bike tour. Wrote about it here: http://meanderdotlife.wordpress.com/

I mostly participate in the picture thread.

Moni

1 Like Save    
OutsidePlaying

I’m glad you decided to venture and meander on. I commented in your blog and agree that sometimes look better in the morning after being down about something else. Sorry things didn’t work out about your meet-up. I too wonder what happened with the lavender but also wonder if it was just a severe winter with too much cool wetness for it to survive.

Save    
maifleur01

I have noticed that people will decide to start growing without doing much research. They may have grown a few plants on a small scale and they did well but on a larger commercial scale either the plants do not survive or they did not realize exactly how much work was involved.

Save    
DawnInCal

Moni, I'm sorry about the lavender disappointment, but hope that there will be other sights along the way that make up for it.

1 Like Save    

Related Stories

Decorating Guides Time to Step Out of Your Color Comfort Zone?
If you always seem to pick warm tones, or you stick to the cool ones, bucking your natural inclination could bring new energy to a room
Full Story
Housekeeping We Can Work It Out: Living (and Cleaning) Together
Run a household without fussing and fighting with these ideas for how to work together on household chores
Full Story
Decluttering Get It Done: How to Clean Out the Pantry
Crumbs, dust bunnies and old cocoa, beware — your pantry time is up
Full Story
Most Popular 10 Ways to Get More Storage Out of Your Space
Just when you think you can’t possibly fit all your stuff, these storage ideas come to the rescue
Full Story
Organizing Can’t Figure Out What ‘Sparks Joy’? Try This Question Instead
If you can’t decide whether to keep something or let it go, shift your perspective to find the answer
Full Story
Kitchen Design Why I Combined Open Shelves and Cabinets in My Kitchen Remodel
A designer and her builder husband opt for 2 styles of storage. She offers advice, how-tos and cost info
Full Story
Data Watch What Really Makes Us Happy at Home? Find Out From a New Houzz Survey
Great design has a powerful impact on our happiness in our homes. So do good cooking smells, family conversations and, yes, big-screen TVs
Full Story
Most Popular What I Learned From My Master Bathroom Renovation
Houzz writer Becky Harris lived through her own remodel recently. She shares what it was like and gives her top tips
Full Story