SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
always1stepbehind

Update on footpeel.

I bought the Tonymoly peel from Ulta for like $7. I didnt see much of anything till I did the vinegar/listerine foot soak. I think the soak loosened the skin and got the process going. I got a lot of skin off after the first soak. Did another soak a couple days later...again using the a pumicy type smoother to help move the dead skin. After the first soak, put baby oil on my feel with socks for a few hours before bed. I didn't do the baby oil after the 2nd soak...couple days later I was a the car dealership and look down noticed all the dry dead skin on my feet!! I was like holy cow...how did I not notice that. Used the pumice smoother the next morning and got all the dead skin. Much better now.

I definately would use the foot peel again or maybe try another cheap one. And the listerine/vinegar soak really does work along with the foot peel. I'll do another foot soak this week and see how much more dead skin I can get off.

recipe for foot soak if anyone is interested:

1 cup listerine (I used the gold one)

1 cup vinegar (I used apple cider vinegar)

2 cups of hot water

soak for 30 minutes, used the pumice at the end of the soak before rinsing my feet off.

Comments (8)

• rob333 (zone 7b)
    4 years ago

I wanted to know the update. Thank you! The common thread I see in online and this review, soak them afterwards for best results. I think I'm ready to go into this, fully armed with all the info I can get.

Do they feel better?

• patriciae_gw
    4 years ago

Why are people suddenly peeling their feet? Did you never pumice your feet or give yourself a pedicure? Just wondering.

• always1stepbehind
    Original Author
    4 years ago

See link listed below. I keep this pumice in the shower and use quite a few times a week. My heals seem to be the worst part of my feet. Otherwise, no complaints. Yes I do get pedicures but they really don't do much for my heels...even when they sell me on the "callus remover".

Rob333, yes my feel do feel better but I think overall I need to be better prepared with a good lotion/oil of some sort to use on my feet in the evenings. Slather them up and put some sock on for a few hours before bed. I used to be able to sleep with sock, but not so much anymore. LOL

https://www.sallybeauty.com/nails/nail-tools-and-accessories/nail-files-and-buffers/pink-contour-shape-bar/SBS-648220.html

• rob333 (zone 7b)
    4 years ago

patriciae, using a pumice helps, but I'd like to get back to where I was, say, 10-15 years ago. All the pumice does is keep it at bay. I want to go all the way back. I agree with the slathering idea to keep it up easier. I guess I'm saying a clean slate :)

• User
    4 years ago

My foot peel took about ten days to work. I didn’t try to make it work faster, just kept my feet moisturized with Healthy Feet foot cream. Within three days of it finally starting, the skin all loosened up and peeled off. The forms and thicker calluses just require the Healthy Feet lotion now, my feet have never looked so good. I already Have another Oh!K foot peel to use the end of August.

• patriciae_gw
    4 years ago

Just wondering why this has suddenly become such a thing.

• User
    4 years ago

I wouldn't say it's "suddently become" a thing. My daughter has done them for several years. We have sold them at work for longer. It's so much easier than those pumice stones (you can rub too deep) or those cheese grater things and razors. Ew and ouch! The foot peel is very gentle. You wear the booties for 60-90 minutes. Rinse the gel off, put on a pair of socks and if you like, soak your feet for five minutes every day. I just showered so that was my soak.... I put on foot cream to keep the skin soft throughout and without any pain, voila! My feet feel great. And it's so much cheaper than a pedicure (do they really sterilize all their equipment??) and nobody touches my feet. Nobody. nope.

Sponsored
Dave Fox Design Build Remodelers
Average rating: 4.9 out of 5 stars49 Reviews
Columbus Area's Luxury Design Build Firm | 17x Best of Houzz Winner!