The Biggest Little Farm

sjerin

Have you seen it? I went to see it in a theater yesterday and thought it was well done--the photography was especially beautiful. Basically it's a type of light documentary about a couple who buys a dried-up, useless farm and with the help of a mentor and lots of volunteers makes it green, viable and bio-diverse. It's a little short on details for me, but that might make the movie too long and dry. (No pun intended.) Anyway, I found it very entertaining and wish them well.

SaveComment3Like
Comments (3)
Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
rob333 (zone 7a)

I hadn't even heard of it. It looks interesting and has great reviews. I appreciate the personal endorsement.

Save    
bpath Oh Sophie

Our community center will be showing it, with discussion afterwards I imagine. Sounds good.

Save    
sjerin

I had never heard of it either. Friend found it on Rotten Tomatoes where it received a 91% score.

Save    

Related Stories

Farm Your Yard How the Little Act of Saving Seeds Can Make a Big Difference
This year, grow an heirloom variety in your garden, save the seeds and play a small part in preserving plant diversity
Full Story
Travel by Design Laura Ingalls Wilder’s Little House in the Ozarks
A farmhouse and chickens launched Wilder’s writing career and fueled a love for all ‘wild, free, beautiful things’
Full Story
Contemporary Homes Houzz Tour: A Modern Garden Pavilion Sprouts Up on an Ex–Pot Farm
This compact Dallas house now connects to its leafy surroundings in a gorgeously irreproachable way
Full Story
Flowers 7 Enticing, Little-Known Annuals of the Plant World
Give these underutilized garden wonders a chance by discovering their draws
Full Story
Color Feast on Farm-Fresh Color
Rooms need a color fix? Take a peek inside your market basket — nature's palette is hard to beat for paint, fabrics and accessories
Full Story
Vintage Style Houzz Tour: Farm Fresh
Updates bring back the bygone charm of a 19th-century Texas farmhouse, while making it work for a family of 6
Full Story
Kitchen Trends 11 Enduring Kitchen Ideas From the Industry’s Biggest Event
We visited the Kitchen and Bath Industry Show and found that many familiar kitchen features appear to be here to stay
Full Story