SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
hutchae84

Help me make this a dining room

This is our dining room, which is currently used as my kids' art space. This room is small, it's 10ft9inx11ft3in (it used to be a bedroom).

I have a lot of dilemas with the room and will lay them out here so I am not jumping all over the place.

1-room is small and doesn't feel like a dining room yet. I'm wonder if wall treatments would help (wallpaper, board and batten, dramatic wall color, etc)

2-My husband is tied to that table yet wants to protect it so I am stuck with always using a table cloth, which to me, is akin to wrapping your sofa is plastic. Do you think u can make this room work with a table cloth?

3-We need a new rug, current one is temporary and obviously too small. our previous one is too big for this room.

4- Can we these end chairs in there? my husband is attached to them and they are beautiful but I think the space is too small.

5-Can I do a mirror over the bar or would art be better? I have attached a picture of the mirror I would like to use and would add some black elsewhere in the room to tie it in.

6-new chairs or can these be salvaged? I don't think they are the direction I want to go.

Whew, sorry that was a lot. Our combined taste is tradition, but I run more eclectic and I really like mixing vintage pieces from different eras.

Now some pictures of the room and some close-ups of the pieces I mentioned. I also added a close-up of our old rug since I liked the mix of warm and cool tones in it.

Comments (42)