SaveComment16Like
Comments (16)
Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
Annie Deighnaugh

DH and I at the Ghost Ranch...

10 Likes Save    
maire_cate

I only have 2 photos of horses and I've already posted them.

Will a centaur do?

10 Likes Save    
arcy_gw

8 Likes Save    
Summer

10 Likes Save    
nicole___

These life size horse statues are in a new housing development called "Flying Horse". We couldn't believe what they must have spent on each statue, there are 3..until we looked up the price of a lot....$450K!!!!!!!

10 Likes Save    
murraysmom Zone 6a OH

Oh I love this subject today, of course! I think you all know how much I love horses, especially my heart horse, Teddy. Having him for those 7 years were some of the best years of my life. In winter he would grow such a long soft coat, like a Teddy Bear. In summer he was so sleek and shiny. Those 7 years were the best of his life as well. He was outside 24/7, had lots of horse friends, food available 24/7 and he enjoyed his last years just being a horse on such a beautiful farm with lots of people who loved him.

10 Likes Save    
Jasdip

For Teddy........

8 Likes Save    
adellabedella_usa

This is a statue at Texas State. Apparently, the creator insisted on gifting the statue. It wasn't really liked all that much so it was placed at the edge of campus. Then the campus grew and it is now in the center. It is used as a symbol of freedom of speech.

8 Likes Save    
gyr_falcon

8 Likes Save    
Lars

Riding horses in Costa Rica with my brother and two guys from Italy. As you can see, they rode ahead of me and eventually, a vulture swooped down towards my horse, and he reared up and threw me off. Fortunately I landed in soft mud, but I did get bruised and I did not get compensated for my injury.

My horse ran off to join the other horses and left me lying in the mud. When my horse reached the other guys, they were already over the other side of the hill and were quite shocked to see my horse without me on it. They did come back to get me, however.

5 Likes Save    
DawnInCal

Barney, the carriage horse, and his human are fixtures in Eureka, CA. Their company, Old Town Carriage, gives tours of the historic district of Eureka.

7 Likes Save    
Elmer J Fudd

annie, I can see why they call it a Ghost Ranch. The people there have no faces!

Save    
caflowerluver

First rode a horse when I was 4 years old (1955). Too bad they didn't hold the horse still so it wouldn't be so blurry.

6 Likes Save    
glenda_al

5 Likes Save    
bob_cville

American Rider McLain Ward at the World Equestrian Games in September 2018 in Tryon, North Carolina.

6 Likes Save    
leahikesgardenspdx

The day the horses had their own parade...

6 Likes Save    

Related Stories

Most Popular 7 Must-Dos on the Day You Show Your House
Don’t risk losing buyers because of little things you overlook. Check these off your list before you open the front door
Full Story
Collections 10 Look-at-Me Ways to Show Off Your Collectibles
Give your prized objects center stage with a dramatic whole-wall display or a creative shelf arrangement
Full Story
Life Houzz Call: Show Us Your Mom’s Influence on Your Home
Maybe it’s a great chess set or a style philosophy. With Mother’s Day nearing, where do you see your mom in your space?
Full Story
Houzz Call: Show Us Your Paint Makeovers
Let your newly repainted house or room do the "How d'ya like me now?" strut right here — it might just be featured in an upcoming ideabook
Full Story
Half Baths Trending Now: 15 Powder Rooms That Steal the Show
The most popular new powder room photos on Houzz offer plenty of ideas for this petite space. Which is your favorite?
Full Story
Gardening and Landscaping Houzz Call: Show Us Your Well-Designed Treehouse or Tree Fort!
Got a great treehouse or tree fort? We want to see it! Post yours in the Comments and we’ll feature the best in a future article
Full Story
Before and Afters 7 Exterior Makeovers Show How Details Matter
These dramatic before-and-after photos could inspire your own exterior update
Full Story
Weddings Houzz Call: Show Us Your Backyard Wedding!
Did you say ‘I do’ at home? We want to hear and see everything about it. Share your photos and you could be featured in an upcoming ideabook
Full Story
Decorating Guides 15 Cool Rooms and the TV Shows They Want You to Watch
Get nestled in with the fall 2014 premieres, some old favorite shows and a coordinating nosh
Full Story
For nearly 20 years Grow Landscapes, Inc. has proven to be a leader in the industry in terms of design,... Read More