Who will be the next to go?

nopartyghost

Does Vegas give odds on which slime ball is next out?

SaveComment27Like1
Comments (27)
Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
Jess

How many does this make

Dozens and dozens.............

2 Likes Save    
chase_gw

My guess is Bolton or Mulvaney

1 Like Save    
Annie Deighnaugh

Rumor has it DNI Coates will be the next to go....and the problem is, whenever trump dumps someone, he replaces them with an acting whatever so no vetting, and someone who is far worse than who they've replaced.

Awful.

7 Likes Save    
Delilah66

I see some who aren’t necessarily slime balls but are totally unqualified for their jobs

Save    
Joaniepoanie

Do they have to go one by one? We can’t boot all of them at once? More’s the pity.

7 Likes Save    
maifleur01

I keep wondering what will happen when Pence is let go. In the book he will write how much will he reveal or will it be only pipedreams.

Especially as it currently looks like a Trump family member might replace him. I think he will be let go but that family member will be held until 2024.

Save    
batyabeth

"he replaces them with an acting whatever so no vetting, and someone who is far worse than who they've replaced."

this is the crucial issue. SO dangerous. Even if you have complaints or reservations about how our government is run, this issue, and our here and now, is horrifying in its implications.

I'm sorry I may be out of the news loop, but which family member could replace Pence and why? Just on the surface, a family member being VP is all sorts of wrong. Yeah, yeah I remember Bobby, but this is P and VP. All sorts of wrong.

3 Likes Save    
lakeaffect

I love that Melania is in this rogues' gallery, so apt. I wonder what the odds are on her serving her entire term?

Save    
Kathy

Some think Coats will be next, leaving our military Intelligence vulnerable.

Save    
paprikash

Democrats—the Party of Hate

Enjoy!

1 Like Save    
Kathy

It’s funny you say that pap when it is Trump who gets on TV every chance he gets and throws shade on Biden and everyone. He didn’t say anything bad about Epstein though, did he? I wonder why? Just distanced himself.

8 Likes Save    
Pidge_

Pap, It would be good if you made a comment on the topic, which is how many of Trump's gang has guit or been fired, rather than make a non sequitur slur.

5 Likes Save    
margaux

DeVos and Carson head departments Trump doesn't care about so they're safe.

I had forgotten all about Rick Perry. Now there's a newsmaker!

Save    
Jess

Trump Has Now Had More Cabinet Turnover Than Reagan, Obama and the Two Bushes

Donald Trump has now had more turnover in his Cabinet in the first two and a half years of his presidency than any of his five immediate predecessors did in their entire first terms.

According to data collected by the Brookings Institution, the resignation of Labor Secretary Alexander Acosta marks the ninth Cabinet member to leave the Trump Administration, one more than the previous high under President George H.W. Bush.

The others who have left: Health and Human Services Secretary Tom Price, Secretary of State Rex Tillerson, Secretary of Veterans Affairs David Shulkin, Attorney General Jeff Sessions, Secretary of Defense Jim Mattis, Secretary of the Interior Ryan Zinke and Secretary of Homeland Security Kirstjen Nielsen as well as her predecessor, John Kelly, who left Homeland Security to become White House chief of staff and then left that job as well.

The list does not include Energy Secretary Rick Perry, who reportedly has plans to leave.

By comparison, six Cabinet secretaries departed during Reagan’s first term, eight during H.W. Bush’s presidency, four during Clinton’s first term, two during W. Bush’s first term and three during Obama’s first term.

3 Likes Save    
cyn427 (z. 7, N. VA)(zone 7, Northern VA)

I am surprised that the number of "acting" officials does not bother the Republicans. Non sequitur slurs seems to be all they have.

4 Likes Save    
woodnymph2_gw

The number of "acting" cabinet members is just one more M.O. of Trump. It is just one more way he is ruling by chaos. Keep 'em guessing gives him ultimate control (or so he thinks). I agree with Batya that this is an incredibly dangerous policy for our nation.

3 Likes Save    
vgkg Z-7 Va(Z-7)

Oh Boy, this is like a game of criminal bingo, or the Brady Bunch of Crooks, you're fired! ....or please just quit. The Swamp Shuffle.

9 Likes Save    
SoFLUSA

Who knew trump was going to drain the swamp by bringing them all into his administration?

8 Likes Save    
carolb_w_fl_coastal_9b(zone 9/10)

Those who endure either know how to suck up to him or stay under his radar - or both...

1 Like Save    
Joaniepoanie

paprikash

Democrats—the Party of Hate

Enjoy!

Yes, I remember all the love Repubs had for the Clintons and Obamas.

6 Likes Save    
miss lindsey (still misses Sophie)(8a)

Great graphic

Save    
carolb_w_fl_coastal_9b(zone 9/10)

Still have, apparently, Joaniepoanie...

And we can add Ocasio-Cortez, Pelosi and many other good women to that list as well.

Oh well, it takes one to know one, as they say.

1 Like Save    
nancy_in_venice_ca Sunset 24 z10

Trump could replace Bolton with someone worse?

I really fear for our country . . .

4 Likes Save    
Ziemia(6a)

Surprised that Wilbur Ross isn't up there. He makes more sense than Hannity.

1 Like Save    
blfenton

@Batyabeth - conspiracy theory says that the reasons trump takes Ivanka on his little international junkets where she tries to ingratiate herself (think recent G20) and she was recently handling talks about Brexit with Liam Fox, Britains trade secretary is because trump is going to dump Pence and appoint Ivanka as his running mate. Then if he is re-elected he will soon resign and she will become the first female President. Yecch!

This link is from the Guardian and talks about LIam Fox apparently apologizing to Ivanka for Darroch's remarks re trump

https://www.theguardian.com/commentisfree/2019/jul/10/sorry-but-why-is-liam-fox-apologising-to-ivanka-trump

Save    
Jess

Yes, I remember all the love Repubs had for the Clintons and Obamas.

And all the "love" they show Democratic lawmakers, and the liberal forum members

Save    
sheesh(5b)

Hah! It's a perfect scenario! And then Ivanka can pardon her daddy. I'll bet they've actually considered this possibility.

3 Likes Save    

Related Stories

Architecture What's Next for Our Homes' Exterior Design?
Take a mini tour of architecture's changing response to basic needs, throughout history and going forward
Full Story
Moving Retirement Reinvention: Boomers Plot Their Next Big Move
Choosing a place to settle in for the golden years? You're not alone. Where boomers are going and what it might look like
Full Story
Decorating Guides Design Trend: Color Maximalism May Be the Next Big Thing
Going all out with bold colors and patterns will be hot in 2019, design experts say. Here’s how to punch up your palette
Full Story
Decorating Guides 15 Decorating Moves to Take Your Living Room to the Next Level
These tricks with furniture, lighting, color and accessories go a long way toward making a space fashionable and comfortable
Full Story
Decorating Guides 10 Rules for Your Next Painting Project
Take your next painting journey from ‘argh!’ to ‘ta-da!’ with these designer tricks
Full Story
Life You Said It: ‘Let It Go’ and More Tips From the Week
This week's stories reveal how you can switch up your surroundings to spark new ideas
Full Story
Home Tech Hang Out With Friends All Day, Anywhere You Go
Connect with compadres or colleagues using always-on ambient video — consider it a free magic window for the home, the office or on the go
Full Story
Decorating Guides Go Crazy With Your Decorating — You'll Fit Right In
Trending in home looks everywhere: boldness and individuality. Get the scoop and see some adventurous examples here
Full Story
Houzz Tours Houzz Tour: Life Next to the Runway
An Australian couple passionate about aviation convert a runway hangar into their home and accommodation for travelers
Full Story