Race becomes new flashpoint with Pelosi, Ocasio-Cortez

mrskjun(9)

Looks like our favorite bartender is at it again.

"WASHINGTON (AP) — The debate between Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez and other House Democrats over migrant children in detention at the border was wrenching enough. Then it became about race.

First, the freshman's chief of staff compared more centrist Democrats to 1940s segregationists. Then Ocasio-Cortez, D-NY., accused Speaker Nancy Pelosi of "singling out" her and fellow newcomers, all women of color."

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/politics/race-becomes-new-flashpoint-with-pelosi-ocasio-cortez/ar-AAEc4g2?ocid=spartanntp

SaveComment87Like2
Comments (87)
Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
catkinZ8a

House Dem Shreds AOC and Colleagues for Playing the ‘Race Card’: ‘Their Ignorance is Beyond Belief’

By Connor MannionJul 11th, 2019, 4:19 pm

A House Democrat blasted Rep. Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez and her progressive allies for their ongoing feud with House Speak Nancy Pelosi, saying “their ignorance is beyond belief.”

Rep. William Lacy Clay (D-MO) fumed at AOC and other House progressives for their dispute with the House speaker, and accused them of playing “the race card.”

“What a weak argument, because you can’t get your way and because you’re getting pushback you resort to using the race card? Unbelievable. That’s unbelievable to me,” Clay said according to The Hill. “I could care less. I could really care less. I agree with the Speaker. Four people, four votes out of 240 people, who cares.”

Clay is a member of the Congressional Black Caucus and is considered a centrist Democrat. The progressive group Justice Democrats has endorsed his primary challenger Cori Bush, and Clay took time to bash Justice Democrats as well.

“They’re missing the fact that we have a very thin margin of a majority that we’re operating under and apparently it doesn’t matter to Justice Democrats, they just want to get skins. They want to score points for whatever reason. But I find it juvenile, their tactics, I find their ignorance to be beyond belief about American history and about who are really segregationists. And so how dare they try to play the race card at this point, it shows you the weakness of their arguments.”

https://www.mediaite.com/election-2020/house-dem-shreds-aoc-and-colleagues-for-playing-the-race-card-their-ignorance-is-beyond-belief/

4 Likes Save    
mrskjun(9)

And they wonder why we find AOC so interesting.

3 Likes Save    
llucy

I see it as the speaker counseling the freshmen to come together for the country.

Put musically it might be :

1 Like Save    
Joaniepoanie

Omg....it really is obsession 24/7.

2 Likes Save    
Carro

AOC is bringing the whole party down and they want us to just shut up and not talk about it.

3 Likes Save    
catkinZ8a

Save    
heri _ cles

AOC might become a US Senator or even President long after many old Republicans are dead. Wearing red hats and clapping like seals at Trump rallies is not going to reverse inevitable change.

4 Likes Save    
sableincal

This young woman, whose ignorance is abysmal, sits in Congress surrounded by members of the Congressional Black Caucus, who have been doing yeoman's work for decades, and, as William Lacy Clay - another Democrat - says, tries to play the race card against Nancy Pelosi, of all people. We can only imagine what Clay and his colleagues are saying that is not for publication.

8 Likes Save    
katrina_ellen

AOC is a one woman wrecking crew. Go AOC! Glad to have her out there exposing the lefts not so hidden agenda, killing capitalism.

8 Likes Save    
tony jelly

In my opinion, the Democrats in government belong to the same mindset as the same generation of Republicans, AOC and friends are shaking that up so obviously, they don't like it. Hey, what is wrong with the party anyway, with Joe Biden as the candidate they are all set to lose and continue whining without changing.

Save    
lurker111

I do the Boogaloo every time AOC speaks.

2 Likes Save    
Stan Areted

Hey Lurker, AOC's antics are worthy of the Boogaloo when she opens that mouth of hers. The Democrats have had years to get their act together and get united--what's the problem? AOC is the new face of the Democrat party.

Maybe they can begin to comprehend WHY the Republicans did not get legislation passed they should have when they could have--the party is fractured and pulled in different directions, or stopped from going in a direction, from factions within the party.

So we've heard taunting.

How's it look in the mirror right now?

President Trump was supposed to be gone now--so was Justice Kavanaugh.

Disappointment most always results when lies and evil plots backfire.

3 Likes Save    
mrskjun(9)

You mean like the Russia delusion?

4 Likes Save    
blue bayou

We desperately need more than the current two, highly dysfunctional political parties? AOC is NOT the voice of America and I pray to g-d that tRMP is neither!

P.S., No Russian delusion, he is wedded to Putin.

1 Like Save    
Chi

"AOC is the new face of the Democrat party."

No, she's not. The right is way more obsessed with her than the Democrats. I can't recall anyone ever talking about her outside of this forum, where it's like a paid job to post literally everything she says and does.

1 Like Save    
Prim Rose

The wingers cannot comprehend an independent voice!! In the POT that will never ever happen.

Their fascination with AOC far exceeds her actual impact and power. Although, the media attention because of the right's need for a scapegoat is making her voice more powerful than if the right weren't so flummoxed and unhinged.

1 Like Save    
catkinZ8a

Fascination?

LOL, no--it's mockery!

Speaking of mocking....:wink:

4 Likes Save    
elvis

Their fascination with AOC far exceeds her actual impact and power. Although, the media attention because of the right's need for a scapegoat is making her voice more powerful than if the right weren't so flummoxed and unhinged.

You must be a real Democrat.

I'm not one of those posters who lumps the left into one basket of deplorables. Dems who are loathe to accept Occasional Cortex as the face of their party are wise. In the meantime...

2 Likes Save    
Prim Rose

A 'real Democrat' - glad you were able to glean that.

1 Like Save    
tryingtounderstand

To his credit, Trump said this regarding the AOC - Pelosi “The president came to Pelosi's defense when he was asked about the simmering feud as he left the White House for fundraisers in Wisconsin and Ohio.

"I think Cortez is being very disrespectful to somebody who's been there a long time," Trump said, chastising the first-term lawmaker without using her full last name."I deal with Nancy Pelosi a lot and we go back and forth and it’s fine, but I think that a group of people is being very disrespectful to her," he continued. "And you know what, I don’t think that Nancy can let that go on."

Ocasio-Cortez “should treat Nancy Pelosi with respect,” he added.”

https://thehill.com/homenews/administration/452778-trump-ocasio-cortez-being-very-disrespectful-to-pelosi

2 Likes Save    
nannygoat18

If nothing else, AOC should remember that she stands on the shoulders of those who came before her.

3 Likes Save    
Ziemia(6a)

" Dems who are loathe to accept Occasional Cortex as the face of their party are wise. "

????

There are Dems who see AOC as the face of the Dem Party? Not sure what this means fully but I'll try - it seems some TrumpFans here are doing just that.

Save    
elvis

There are Dems who see AOC as the face of the Dem Party? Not sure what this means fully but I'll try - it seems some TrumpFans here are doing just that.

Try this: AOC and her leftist prog cronies are the in-common enemies of both the Democrats and Republicans.

2 Likes Save    
Ziemia(6a)

Still doesn't work.

1 Like Save    
tryingtounderstand

I am noticing a big difference between the Reps party and Dem party. It seems, from my observations, there is more party loyalty within and between Repub.. Party members. They stand behind the president and leaders, regardless of what they do or say, for good or for bad.

this does not appear to be the case within the dems. Perhaps dem party members could take a cue from their foe. Hence, support each other a lot better than they do now.

1 Like Save    
elvis

ttu, I don't believe either side is blindly supporting their party's leadership. The right is more cohesive because they are not as concerned with their personal images as the left is. Their bottom line, above all, is legal residents first. We are America.

The left is very concerned about how they are perceived by each other, hence, much grandstanding about how truly "moral" they are. They're wasting a lot of time and energy trying to impress each other, which of course, doesn't really matter at all.

3 Likes Save    
Stan Areted

Elvis:

The left is very concerned about how they are perceived by each other, hence, much grandstanding about how truly "moral" they are. They're wasting a lot of time and energy trying to impress each other, which of course, doesn't really matter at all.

Or, what they think of others.

Inconsequential.

Time wasted.

2 Likes Save    
chase_gw

When you look at the seats gained by Dems the largest majority were moderate Dems that won seats HRC barely won or seats Trump won. By far and away the majority of the 2018 Dems who took back seats are moderate or moderately progressive. The squad represents a small minority that are far left progressives and won in solidly blue districts that were never at risk.

Pelosi has the solid backing of the majority....way too much is being made of these four and their actual impact on the Democratic party by Republicans.

1 Like Save    
elvis

birthdaycat

Clearly morals mean nothing to those who support Donald Trump.

That's the spirit, cm!

Save    
chijim

Sunday, July 14, 2019

Trump and Pelosi And The House Democrats Agree

"The Squad" should just shut up and go away.

This is unfair, of course, but Pelosi has been foaming the runway for
this stuff by singling out these 4 women while letting a bunch of
"centrist" white guys get away with much "worse" if "s**t talking the
party" is how we define "bad." So-called moderates have been running
against the party forever. It's why they are called "moderates." When
they tried to unseat Pelosi, the lefties stood up for her.

by
Atrios
at
13:11

25 Comments

Save    
nannygoat18

If Pelosi and the Squad continue to cannibalize each other rather than focusing on ousting the current occupant sitting in the Oval Office, they will hand the election to him.

1 Like Save    
Carro

No one is going to oust Trump. Mueller couldn't do it. It failed.

The usual Dem suspects are still prattling on about "peach fohty fahv", but they've got no traction.

The economy is en fuego! Trump isn't starting any wars. Trump is a one-man machine trying to fix our broken immigration system.

So much winning, it's going to be very tough to beat him in 2020.

2 Likes Save    
Carro

Trump won't be Alinsky'd! You can't Goebbells him, no matter how hard you try!

1 Like Save    
Carro

Ya ever notice how the MSM always imbues anti-Trump stories with color, but when "people of color" commit crimes and especially when the victims are white, they somehow forget that little detail about the amount of melanin in their skin.

Take the child rape and sexual assaults committed by 2 Guatemalan teens.

Teen accused of raping 7-year-old girl in Georgia

Just "teen". Not illegal. Not "brown". Not Guatemalan. Nope, just teen.

Or this "spark of divinity", whose "browness" is conveniently omitted.

https://www.mdjonline.com/news/girl-followed-molested-outside-marietta-house-after-july-fireworks-police/article_ab779e98-a330-11e9-ba10-bf149f1d7c02.html

Somehow when it's expedient, "people of color" love to use their skin color as both cudgel and shield.

1 Like Save    
elvis

Playing the race card is probably an easy game to play these days. Much easier than thinking.

2 Likes Save    
chase_gw

Would have to agree given Trump's racist tweet today. What was be thinking? Silly question , he was thinking exactly what he tweeted and revelling in how it would pump the base.

Save    
tony jelly

I can't relate to any of this, do you all live on another planet?

Save    
Carro

elvis, it's lazy and it's cynical. You can't say anything critical because they immediately try to silence you with accusations of racism. Dan Crenshaw hit the nail on the head when AOC called Nancy Pelosi a racist.

See, this is why all the caterwauling about raaaaaaaaaaacism and "I'm a person of color" has been rendered meaningless. Utterly meaningless.

Rep. Dan Crenshaw

✔@RepDanCrenshaw

Madam Speaker, welcome to the true nature of identity politics - where you’re accused of being racist for no reason at all, and where intellectually lazy insults are used against you as a way to replace substantive debate of your argument or idea. https://twitter.com/thehill/status/1149126672639303680 …

3 Likes Save    
Carro

And you notice what the "squad" will never do? Debate.

They rely on dropping their charges of racism from their remote Twitter account, not when someone can counter their baseless claims with reason and facts. They hit and run.

1 Like Save    
Carro

Sorry not sorry. So big of Omar to acknowledge that her anti-Semitism hurts people. Not that she'll stop. So to be clear, Omar is NOT SORRY for her anti-Semitic comments. She's just sorry some folks were hurt by her words.

Well, she is from Somalia and has only lived here 30 years or so...

"According to the Free Beacon, Omar recently had an interview with The Intercept, where she made sure everyone was aware that her apology for her antisemitic tweets wasn’t actually an apology for antisemitic tweets. It was purely and apology for the way they made people feel:

“You’ve since apologized unequivocally for the tweet. You’ve said rightly that anti-Semitism is real. But just to be clear, I mean we’re a few weeks on now, what were you apologizing for? Was it a badly worded tweet that you were apologizing for? Or was it for being anti-Semitic, wittingly or unwittingly?” host Mehdi Hasan asked around the 12:45 mark of the audio at the link above.

“Oh absolutely not,” Omar responded. “I apologized for the way that my words made people feel. Oftentimes, you know, we are in places where someone will say something, and they might not know how it makes you feel and it’s not acceptable, that once you express to them that this is hurtful, that you have felt attacked by their words, they should acknowledge how you feel, they should speak to that, they should apologize and figure out a way to remedy that situation.”

“That’s why you apologized?” Hasan asked.

“That’s why I apologized,” Omar said."

Save    
elvis

And they let her get away with that. SMH.

1 Like Save    
Carro

elvis, Omar knows she's virtually untouchable, which is why Trump's speaking truth to her is so very important.

The truth is not racist.

2 Likes Save    
mudhouse

I can't relate to any of this, do you all live on another planet?

Lol Tony, because you have no idea how many times I've wanted to ask this exact same question here (but from the other side of the fence.) I guess we have that in common.

3 Likes Save    
tony jelly

Trump makes a clearly racist tweet, and here you are trying to convince yourselves that Omar is anti-semitic again, what planet does that kind of thinking come from?

2 Likes Save    
Kitchenwitch111

Criticizing Israel's policies or US policies toward Israel is not the same as being anti-semitic.

3 Likes Save    
Kitchenwitch111

I somewhat expect this behavior and these nasty accusations from the under thirty crowd because they grew up being controlled by a media with an agenda and exposed to television and print and music that causes them to be so selfish as to express themselves in the most crass, crude, rude, unthinking and selfish and reactive ways their brute responses will allow.

Oh that's funny! Other than the music reference, this sounds just like the Fox News/Murdoch agenda! I don't think one could get more crass, rude and selfish than Trump. His supporters adore his brutishness.

Save    
chase_gw

"In other words, calling people names for no reason, no evidence, people
that have not said anything to them or accused them of anything--just
hateful personal attacks--is the most childish, and pathetic response an
adult human being can demonstrate."

Yet it is acceptable from the President of the United States.

1 Like Save    
Stan Areted

Again, reading comprehension is your friend.

"In other words, calling people names for no reason,"

Lies meant to destroy a country and presidency DESERVE and DEMAND a response.

1 Like Save    
Ziemia(6a)

Ahh, name calling is an excellent activity for Trump because he has a reason to call names.

Save    
mudhouse

Trump makes a clearly racist tweet, and here you are trying to convince yourselves that Omar is anti-semitic again, what planet does that kind of thinking come from?

It comes from the same planet where Omar's comments caused the House to pass a resolution in march calling out antisemitism, hatred, and other discriminations as a direct result of Ilhan Omar's comments about United States support for Israel (even though her name was removed from the resolution before it passed.) That planet.

It comes from the same planet where the claim of racism is used daily as a way to disagree with the political viewpoints of others, whether they are actually racist or not. If you were reading posts on Hot Topics last night, you had irrefutable evidence of the reality of my planet, Tony.

If you honestly think that our two sides aren't capable of viewing the exact same quote or event and coming up with two entirely different conclusions, shockingly different, on a daily basis, you haven't been paying attention.

The challenge is to keep finding ways to treat each other with respect while acknowledging that we honestly do seem to be on different planets, and that our perceptions are worlds apart.

2 Likes Save    
Ziemia(6a)

When is Trump going to be expected to lead the way in treating others with respect?

2 Likes Save    
chase_gw

"In other words, calling people names for no reason,"

Trump often calls people names for no reason....certainly no good reason. Perhaps you see it differently but that doesn't mean he doesn't do it.

ETA Anytime someone calls someone a name they think they have a reason.....doesn't mean they do.

Save    
Kathy

Trump knows his base will turn a blind eye to his racist comments as President of the US. Not only turn a blind eye, but defend his racist behavior. He is representative of a petulant spoiled child whose parents excuse his bad behavior.

Save    
Stan Areted

I understand for some that think of hardly anything twenty-four hours a day, seven days a week, for the last few years except President Trump, there are others to whom this refers and this is a SOCIETAL issue as far as I am concerned.

Aren't there enough threads about President Trump, or is anyone capable of considering that the world goes round and we have other issues, interactions with others that should be recognized and addressed?

The TDS is worse than I thought, or others support the behavior of the media, social media and others that falsely accuse people of horrible things.

Save    
Jess

Looks like the RWingers are trying to divert attention from Trump's seven (so far) racist tweets.

Do even the RWingers know how toxic Trump is?

2 Likes Save    
Stan Areted

Eve is alive and well.

Maybe not well. Too many.

Save    
Kathy

It is easy to dismiss Donald Trump as an ignoramus, not least because he is. But he has an acute understanding of one thing: test marketing. He created himself in the gossip pages of the New York tabloids, where celebrity is manufactured by planting outrageous stories that you can later confirm or deny depending on how they go down. And he recreated himself in reality TV where the storylines can be adjusted according to the ratings. Put something out there, pull it back, adjust, go again.

https://www.irishtimes.com/opinion/fintan-o-toole-trial-runs-for-fascism-are-in-full-flow-1.3543375

Trump is coaching his supporters how to act.

Save    
Ziemia(6a)

TrumpFans, for the most part, do not see him being racist. To them, he is just telling it like it is, being the rebel - he is unafraid to speak the so-called truth.

I do not think Trump is stupid in the least. He is a marketing genius. He does have his Senior Moments but he retains his genius for most of the time.

1 Like Save    
mudhouse

When is Trump going to be expected to lead the way in treating others with respect?

When are people who disagree with Trump going to treat him with respect? Almost never; only rare exceptions.

When are Americans who disagree with each other going to treat each other with respect? Almost never; only rare exceptions.

I guess some people think it's the job of a president to be the moral compass for a country. I don't, and if I did, I'd be hard pressed to think of one that succeeded admirably in that role. I've never modeled myself after a president; that just seems weird (but to each his own.) I just don't need a president to do that for me.

I tried supporting candidates whose top priority in life was treating everybody with respect, to the detriment of being effective and getting things done. I watched him be taken down by Candy Crowley in a debate. I have different criteria now, and I don't value courtesy more than the ability to accomplish things that I think will benefit the country.

2 Likes Save    
Ziemia(6a)

Ahh, so Trump *is* a follower. Not a leader!

Save    
Stan Areted

mudhouse:

When are people who disagree with Trump going to treat him with respect? Almost never; only rare exceptions.

When are Americans who disagree with each other going to treat each other with respect? Almost never; only rare exceptions.

I guess some people think it's the job of a president to be the moral compass for a country. I don't, and if I did, I'd be hard pressed to think of one that succeeded admirably in that role. I've never modeled myself after a president; that just seems weird (but to each his own.) I just don't need a president to do that for me.

I tried supporting candidates whose top priority in life was treating everybody with respect, to the detriment of being effective and getting things done. I watched him be taken down by Candy Crowley in a debate. I have different criteria now, and I don't value courtesy more than the ability to accomplish things that I think will benefit the country.

Mudhouse, that post is spot on.

Thank you for taking the time to speak for more than yourself--you speak for me in that post and I suspect many, many others.

Absolutely you articulated exactly what is happening and has happened and why.

I agree with you wholeheartedly, as to another comment about intelligence, Trump's intelligence is different than that of say Barack Obama.

I don't care what Trump says about anyone as long as he continues to Make America Great like he has been doing. I was hopeful when I voted for him, but I have NEVER BEEN MORE PLEASED with casting a vote than I did the one for President of the United States in 2016.

3 Likes Save    
Ziemia(6a)

PS: most TrumpOppo commenters here treat others here respectfully.

Save    
Kathy

Trump as Well as Epstein and others learned money buys a lot of supporters. Even the perception of richness is respected by the poor masses. What is not considered is how they attained those riches.

Save    
Stan Areted

Not always.

PRESIDENT TRUMP is almost always responding to nasty lies and attacks on him personally when he says something back.

I think that is fair game considering what we now know about our own government attempting a coup on a presidential candidate and then sitting president. Stay tuned on that. People continue to lie about him and if he wants to respond the way he does I truly do not care, for reasons outlined by Mudhouse. There are more important issues than being "sweet" and turning the other cheek to lies that attempt to destroy a president and attack a duly elected presidency.

As to others--that stands, from either side.

It is particularly egregious to attack people, name them, call them racists or other names, when they have not engaged or said anything to those offenders, all because their point of view is not tolerated.

As I said, we see it everyday from the media, to Hollywood, to people like that little girl from WHO IS THE BOSS that can't get her name in the papers anymore from "acting" so she is pursing "activist" who trashed Jon Voight who did nothing to her, said nothing to her, for only supporting President Trump with positive videos:

"Alyssa Milano has become an A-list activist who was recently called a "C-list" celebrity by Georgia Gov. Brian Kemp. On Saturday, Milano called actor Jon Voight an "F-lister' who was trying to "stay relevant" after he released two videos that showed immense support of President Donald Trump.

Milano's grading system followed a two-part video released on Twitter late Friday, with Voight calling Trump the "greatest president since Abraham Lincoln."

"People of the Republican Party, I know you will agree with me when I say our president has our utmost respect and our love," Voight said. "This job is not easy, for he's battling the left and their absurd words of destruction."

Milano snapped back towards Voight, saying his words are why "Republicans discredit actors and our political views," Milano tweeted herself on Saturday.

"Stay in your lane, Jon!" she tweeted.

"Has been!"

"F-lister trying to stay relevant!"

"Nobody cares what an out of touch actor thinks!"--Newsweek May 29 2019.

I used this example because it is indicative of the crass intolerance of yet one more liberal who is NOT tolerant of another's opinion, Mr. Voight said or did nothing to her, and she insulted him and told him to "stay in your lane, Jon," called him a "has been" and an "F-lister trying to stay relevant."

Then she showed her prejudice by attacking Mr. Voight's age--"Nobody cares what an out of touch actor thinks!" who is she to speak for everyone? SHE is more relevant? Jon Voight has acting chops she could never has or hope to exhibit-- running in breathless and grabbing Tony Danza's leg or fighting computer generated warlocks, the only two things I know she's done and those, not well. She was no Drew Barrymore in ET. She's not even a Drew Barrymore today, at least she's pleasant. Can you imagine if he said something about her being a middle aged loser who can't get a job except for an informercial hawking shampoo?

That being said, it is totally irrelevant what anyone does, how old they are, anyone can support whom the want and Mr. Voight has respectfully supported President Trump without being hateful towards others.

I happened to see his response to this horrible "tweet" and admonitions from Milano from California (who hangs out in Georgia and threatens and attacks legislators in their own chamber voting on their own constituent's business) and he was most, most gracious.

That is only an example but a good one of what the left has become and the people that represent it.

A lot of us are tired of it, even though it appears not only is the left not "tired yet" but is intent on ramping it up.

We are not only tired of it, we're not going to take it anymore. We are calling it out.

3 Likes Save    
Ziemia(6a)

PS:.it was just 2 hours previous to this.

Or, it is a out worshipping Trump - he's a god?

Save    
Ziemia(6a)

I see those, who think it's fine and great for Trump to demean his opposition, are very selfish and are standing at the precipice of depravity and chaos - in danger of slipping into that crevice.

1 Like Save    
bleusblue2

mudhouse said

~~~~

The President may not be a moral compass but he/she should be someone who knows what a moral compass is. Presidents, people, fail all the time at living up to the moral standards of the people they represent. We continue to be disappointed when we learn about the private lives of past Presidents. Why isn't it shocking that so many voted for a person whose low moral standards aren't even an issue. For some of the population the President is merely a highly paid CEO who so far hasn't been caught doing anything illegal.

1 Like Save    
nancy_in_venice_ca Sunset 24 z10

I DO NOT lie.

I DO NOT abuse others.

I try very hard not to insult other commentators on Hot Topics.

I criticize the Republican Party — meaning the leadership and their tactics and strategies (not individual Republicans).

I criticize Trump and Team Trump and the administration.

I criticize Republican elected officials by name.

5 Likes Save    
lurker111

Orange racist misogynist homophobic xenophobic sexist rapist islamophibic phobea-phobic cheating bankrupt moronic tiny hands...

He only speaks to the left on their petulant level. The rest of us are enjoying the show. :)

2 Likes Save    
patriciae_gw(07)

So move on from trolling the four since it looks like that job was accomplished when liberals started saying they don't represent the democratic party and now troll liberals. It is classic I didn't say anything when they came for...…….

Save    
Stan Areted

lurker111

Orange racist misogynist homophobic xenophobic sexist rapist islamophibic phobea-phobic cheating bankrupt moronic tiny hands...

He only speaks to the left on their petulant level. The rest of us are enjoying the show. :)

Spot on, Lurker 111!

President Trump speaks to factions in the way they speak to and about him.

What's not to love?

You speak in a crude manner, you're likely to get a crude manner back.

At least it's in terms they understand!

5 Likes Save    
Kathy

Lol, so funny it is Trump responding that is now the excuse for his rude racist remarks. Trump is 100% responsible for his actions. He is the ugliest President we have ever had and ever been elected by gullible republicans.

2 Likes Save    
chase_gw

Not true, Trump speaks in a crude manner about anyone he feels isn't supportive of him. He attacks everyone with vulgar , rude name calling even people who never address him in that manner.

2 Likes Save    
Kathy

I should have made myself clear. Trump Supporters are making excuses for Trump’s racist remarks, claiming he is responding when in actuality he started the dialogue.

4 Likes Save    
Ziemia(6a)

"I am ashamed to have spent most of my life as a Republican. I have significant differences with Pressley, Tlaib, Ocasio-Cortez and Omar — perhaps even greater differences on the issues than I have with the president — but they are better Americans than Trump."

Save    
ubro(2a)

You speak in a crude manner, you're likely to get a crude manner back.

At least it's in terms they understand!

Hence the rude comments about Trump on national tv from the women soccer fans, the insults of Trump from posters here on HT, the insults delivered by the British ambassador, the news reports denigrating Trump and the verbal backlash from every person Trump's twitchy fingers insulted on twitter. He reaps what he sows and then in true narcissistic fashion makes it everyone else's fault.

5 Likes Save    
adoptedbyhounds

"No one is above the law. No one is above reproach for bad/evil behavior."

Clearly not true. Unless you're an illegal alien.

Our politicians find them so special, they've set up sanctuary cities in our country, to make identifying and capturing them more difficult for our law enforcement.

The left has been out protesting removal of illegal aliens with final orders of deportation. They had their day in court, yet Dems stand with them, rather than our laws and our citizens.

1 Like Save    
patriciae_gw(07)

Sanctuary is as Astonishing as it might seem to you Adopted is that police abide by the law. Yes, that horrible anti American thing LAW. People cant be held just because ICE wants them to be. There must be a Warrant. We fought a war with Britain over this stuff but in todays America that doesn't matter?

1 Like Save    
Carro

ICE is executing deportation orders, in accordance with our laws.

Democrats who swore to uphold our laws are aiding and abetting the illegal criminals and helping them evade our justice system.

It's sickening.

Save    
ubro(2a)

Again, you cannot have peace if you do not have justice for ALL, even those you hate.

I was watching a news clip and it was a Sheriff who was telling people to insist on seeing a warrant before letting them in.

2 Likes Save    
Chi

What's sickening is how willing the right is to break laws to deport people. Stripping away their legal rights and treating them like they are vermin is not right. Even people who break the law still have rights in this country.

1 Like Save    
Carro

The repeating of Dem talking points is remarkable. There's no evidence that ICE has not or will not execute DEPORTATION ORDERS according to procedure and law, but there's the Left, insisting that ICE are outlaw banditos.

It's so silly.

Where Dems the one to make sure ICE follows rules when Obama deported 3 MILLION PEOPLE??

No? Oh, then I'll assume this is all anti-Trump fear mongering and intentionally aiding and abetting criminals, thank you very much.

Save    
elvis

I was watching a news clip and it was a Sheriff who was telling people to insist on seeing a warrant before letting them in.

It must be an election year in his blue voting district.

Save    
Ziemia(6a)

ABH, you still don't know what a "Sanctuary City" is? I ask as your comments indicate that.

Save    
Ziemia(6a)

PS: many of the removal orders are about them NOT having their day in court.

Save    
catkinZ8a

Save