Chewy.com - wow!!

kadefol

A few days ago I chatted with a chewy rep re. an order question. She wanted to know how the kitties are and I mentioned that we lost one of them a few month ago. Today, a beautiful flower bouquet with condolences from chewy.com arrived. Very kind, and very much appreciated by husband and I.

SaveComment34Like13
Comments (34)
Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
sleeperblues

wow is right! We order monthly from chewy for our dogfood, love the service

Save     Thanked by kadefol
kadefol

We order most of our supplies from chewy as well. I love that they donate money and supplies to rescue orgs.

1 Like Save    
Elmer J Fudd

Very thoughtful and kind, a simple gesture with a big impact.

4 Likes Save     Thanked by kadefol
ravencajun Zone 8b TX

Amazing! That speaks highly of the company.

amylou321

That's so nice! I have started taking my animals to a new vet. Two days ago, I took Otis in for a nasty rash all over his face and body. Got a shot in the butt and a weeks worth of pills. I was surprised to wake up today to a voicemail from the staff at that vet. They were calling to check on him, to see if he was any more comfortable, if the medicine had started clearing it up yet, and to remind me that there would be no charge to bring him in for a follow up after the pills were gone so that the vet could determine of he needed more. I was touched. Like Elmer said, a small gesture can make such an impact.

3 Likes Save     Thanked by kadefol
DawnInCal

That's awesome! As our business transactions become less personalized and as customer service has declined, often resulting in less than satisfied customers, it's wonderful to hear about a company that goes above and beyond. It's also the kind of thing that generates a lot of goodwill and well deserved word of mouth endorsements for businesses such as Chewy.

matthias_lang

Whoa. I've never heard of such a thing! Almost makes me wish I had a pet just to give them my business.

1 Like Save     Thanked by kadefol
Lukki Irish

That is super nice. Chewy strives to always be nice which is what I believe has made them so so popular.

socks

Their “chat” feature is excellent too. I don’t care if delivery is fast, but it is.

My dog chewed a chewy box open to get at a ball he could smell. It was funny so I sent a pic to them and got two replies that they enjoyed it as well. Very successful company.

Not to have to lug heavy loads of cat litter, bird seed, etc. is so helpful. I do buy some things at a local pet store.

kadefol

Yes, it's very convenient to not have to lug heavy stuff. Plus, their selection and prices are a lot better than our local pet supplies store.

Save    
nicole___

They're GREAT! Last time I placed a cat food order the rep asked me how many cats I have. lol Just one.

lindaohnowga

I LOVE Chewy.com too. I don't order online. I "call" and the people there are all wonderful. With hubby and I both being handicapped, having those heavy items delivered right to our door is a real blessing for us.

arkansas girl

Petsmart owns Chewy.com...just sayin'

Chi

They are wonderful company. They always send cards when our kitties pass.

Elmer J Fudd

"and as customer service has declined,"

Really? The customer service I encounter in so many different contexts seems to be very much better than it used to be. CRM software is so widely used, I love it when I call a company of whatever kind and they instantly know who I am, the person answering the call sees my account on their screen, and often even knows what to ask me about. Before I've said anything. But that's not the only circumstance I can reflect on.

Sure, if you're dealing with some untrained and ill-supervised moron in a retail setting, no telling what might happen.

kadefol

Arkansas girl, I started ordering from chewy long before they were bought out by petsmart. Existing customers received notification of the acquisition and assurances that chewy was to remain a separate entity with few changes. As far as I can tell, that is the case. And I really do appreciate the thoughtful flowers.

1 Like Save    
DawnInCal

Yes, really.

Elmer J Fudd

I believe you and will just say that the customer service experiences I seem to encounter these days are consistently better than I ever remember them being. Maybe I'm just lucky but I don't think so. I'm not sure what kind of experiences you're describing but mine are quite different and pretty consistently so. Better luck next time.

Here's a quick one recently - I wanted a tech product asap and found what I was looking for online at a store I don't normally patronize - Walmart. I ordered it for in-store pickup, promised to be the same day and likely not more than 4 hours later. I got a message in 10 minutes- it was ready for pickup. I wasn't ready to go immediately but I got there before too long. The pickup area was right inside the front door, there were armchairs to sit in. The employee took my name and said - "help yourself to the cold water bottles in the little fridge, also the bags of chips, we'll have it out for you in 5 minutes". Huh? And they did. And I thought, I'll use this again.

Another - service at several different car dealerships - very similar, polite, convenient. Open into the evenings and on weekend days, that's not a recent change but it never used to be.

sephia_wa

A friend recently lost her dog. She had an unopened bag of dog food she'd received from Chewy. When she contacted them to see if she could return it, they told her to donate it to a charity of her choosing. She then received a beautiful bouquet along with a card. Very thoughtful.

Texas_Gem

Wow! That's twice in just a matter of days that I've heard of their excellent customer service.

I saw this thread on Reddit yesterday

https://www.reddit.com/r/pics/comments/cblyen/my_best_friend_marley_crossed_the_rainbow_bridge/

The skeptic in me wants to say this is a marketing scheme but...maybe just maybe this company really DOES put in the extra effort.

I might have to check them out for my own pets.

ci_lantro

I ordered a special shampoo for our itchy Lab from Chewy. They sent the wrong product & when I contacted them, they said to keep the product & they quickly shipped out the one that I had ordered. To add, the products were the same brand, identical bottles, similar labels, so it was a really easy mistake to make.

clt3

I love Chewy! When I couldn't figure out how to add auto delivery for 2 dogs who eat different foods that come in different sized bags they called me! I'm a happy customer.

kadefol

Texas_Gem, of course it is great PR for for them, but it's still a kind gesture which many other companies don't extend to their customers.

1 Like Save    
Andie

They are wonderful company. They always send cards when our kitties pass.

How do they know?

I love hearing all these positive things about a company.

Kathsgrdn

Well, I decided to order from them for the first time after reading this thread. I have a hard time lifting my dog's bag of food lately. I like the big bags because they last longer but it's such a struggle to get them off the floor display into the cart that I usually now buy the smaller bags which don't last as long. If they were delivered to my door I could just drag it inside. So, ordered a big bag and a mud mat I've been wanting to try but just never got around to ordering on Amazon.

lindaohnowga

I felt sorry for the female Fed Ex driver having to lift the extremely heavy boxes, carrying them into our porch room. We made her come in to cool off a bit and gave her a bottle of cold water. The drivers should have a dolly for transporting heavy boxes.

We too had to drag things out of the boxes that are too heavy for us to lift. Although probably more costly, I will buy the smaller bags of cat food that we can handle.

Marilyn_Sue

I too order from Chewy and recently I needed to talk to them about a prescription and while talking to them Izzi started to bark at something and they said is that Izzi in the background! I had not even mentioned her name. Yes, they are prompt with their deliveries and insulin arrived well packed the next day in an insulated box with ice packs. Thumbs up to their company.

Sue and Izzi Too

Raye Smith

Linda - I know that some years ago the weight lifting ability requirement for hire at USPS was 70lbs. Don't know if the other delivery companies have the same requirements.

sephia_wa

It is a marketing scheme. That's not a bad thing. We're talking about them, right? And a couple of people have said they'll order from them. It's brilliant on Chew's part. But still also very thoughtful.

Bluebell66

I use Chewy, too, and order regularly. Two of my friends have received little paintings of their pets from Chewy - one arrived out of the blue, and the other arrived in an order. I uploaded pictures and info of all my cats to my account in the hopes that I will one day receive a portrait, but it hasn’t happened yet, although I do receive birthday cards in the mail for my cats’ birthdays. If you are on Instagram, you can search #chewyportraits and #chewyartist to see some examples.

By the way, if you don’t already know it, they have a nice app you can use on your phone or tablet.

artemis_ma

A friend of mine has recently talked me into looking at Chewy. As soon as a few things settle down around here, I will be ordering, possibly even one of the cat trees which really look fun and a lot cheaper (for their size) than anything I've seen at Petco. Thinking about the food, too. Since decent cat food is a half hour drive away, I may as well sign up on that; I'm already getting chicken feed delivered to my door.

Kathsgrdn

Well I ordered the dog food and a mat from them yesterday and got them this morning! I haven't opened the boxes yet because I was on my way out to meet friends for lunch. Been gone all day.

donna_loomis

With 5 indoor cats and all the ferals outside that we feed and the 80 pounds of birdseed we buy to feed the birds that entertain the indoor cats, we spend plenty at Chewy every month. I used to compare prices, but I don't anymore since we discovered Chewy. I've found that their price always matches the lowest price I've found elsewhere. And I save 5% with autoship. Not much, but every little bit helps. We, too, appreciate not having to carry all those heavy boxes and bags to the car, then into the house. Most of the delivery people are happy to bring everything into the garage for us. I input the 5 cats' info at their site and get birthday cards for each of them.

socks

I just used their chat feature to suggest that they carry Vetericyn eye wash since I didn't see it on their website. The Chewy "chatter" told me he would pass my suggestion on to the "higher-pups." LOL...they are good!

Save    
Browse Gardening and Landscaping Stories on Houzz See all Stories
Kitchen Backsplashes How to Pick a Kitchen Backsplash That Wows
Design your ideal backsplash with help from these Houzz guides and inspiring ideas for every kitchen style
Full Story
Product Picks Guest Picks: Coffee Tables That Wow
Set down one of these seriously statement-making pieces in a living room or den and watch the focus shift
Full Story
Small Spaces 8 Nooks and Crannies That Can Wow
Turn a small area into a major design asset with bold patterns, rich colors and unexpected touches
Full Story
For nearly 20 years Grow Landscapes, Inc. has proven to be a leader in the industry in terms of design,... Read More