SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
juliany_gw

Some of what has been blooming here

Julia WV (6b)
4 years ago
last modified: 4 years ago

I know we will have a late peak bloom time given how many buds and scapes still have not opened here. I took most of these so far this week including today.

STEALTH BOMBER - off to a good start

SKYHOOKS - I moved this one last fall so hopefully next season it will increase more.

OSTERIZED - another one moved last fall to the Judy D. bed and doing ver good.

FREEDOM'S TRIUMPH AND TILL THE END OF TIME - opening today with TTEOT a bit blemished.

FT was moved last fall to the back bed.

LUNAR MAX - always a great performer. This was taken this morning and the

3rd multi bloom photo I've taken this season.

DOUBLE RIVER WYE - honestly it is a messy clump and needs to be dug up and cleaned.

ENTER LAUGHING - photo this morning. Great performer for me. Maryl: not sun fast as it will fadewhen temps hit 90F.

BLUE-EYED BUTTERFLY - started blooming yesterday.

ROCKS CRY OUT - started yesterday. I think it will be its best year as it has so many scapes and buds yet to open.

INTELLIGENT DESIGN - started off blooming in the foliage on short scapes but other scapes will be taller .

DEAREST VALENTINE - A newbie this spring. I'm sure it will do better next season. Thanks Debra.

Lastly, rudbeckia, coneflowers and lychnis have taken over many of the beds this season. I've never seen these reseeded perennials growing so tall. I've managed to move some of the plants just so the daylilies have a chance to show at the front of the bed.

Have a great day. Storms predicated for today so hopefully the gardens get a good soaking.

Julia

Comments (12)