SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
redraider12

Master bathroom mirrors and lighting

redraider12
4 years ago

We are currently remodeling our master bathroom. I am a bit stumped regarding vanity mirrors and vanity lighting. The vanities are two different sizes. (49 1/2” vs. 69 1/2”) The space between the lighting from center to center of the mounting brackets for the sconces is (31 1/2” vs. 39 1/2”) . In order to make the lighting work, the mirror will need to be somewhat narrow or an oval shape I believe. How do I make it look right with the much larger vanity? We are using oil rubbed bronze fixtures to pull out the darker tones in the tile and were planning dark chocolate granite vanities. Love the idea of sconce type lighting with a shade for an upscale look. All of the lighting I have found is only candelabra type bulbs which we are afraid would not provide enough light given there is only one overhead light in the space other than the vanity and shower lighting. The space gets quite dark in the evening and nighttime hours. Would it look weird to do single sconce lights on the smaller vanity and double sconce lights on the larger vanity? Sconces on the small vanity can definitely be no larger than 10 inches in width to allow for an oval type mirror. If anyone has any ideas on these two issues, I would love to have your take. I am completely open to suggestions and other ideas. Thank you!

Comments (10)