A song I Really Like

tigereye

God Bless America by Lee Greenwood

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q65KZIqay4E

SaveComment14Like6
Comments (14)
Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
tigereye

The Unreachable Star as sung by Gomer Pyle (Jim Nabors).

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yJlgio-UOng

3 Likes Save    
Michael

Oh, Had I a Golden Thread...sung by Eva Cassidy (written by Pete Seeger)

Oh, Had I a Golden Thread

And any other sung by Eva Cassidy.

Save     Thanked by tigereye
fran1523

Almost impossible to choose one but one CD I still play and always sing along with is "Hotel California"

1 Like Save     Thanked by tigereye
bengardening

one of my favorites is Peanut Butter Bears by Brent Holmes https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vgsA9RDztO4

I also like I can only imagine https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DU0MwNpRq6M

socks

At Last by Etta James. Except it has been ruined over-played in a car commercial. Same for Gershwin's Rhapsody in Blue used in United Airlines ads. They ruin the songs for me.

3 Likes Save     Thanked by tigereye
Michael

Another car manufacturer (Volvo) reworked "I'm Feeling Good", hardly equivalent to Nina Simone version.

tigereye

Woops! I can't edit the post, but Lee Greenwood is "God Bless The USA" I was looking for the version I liked of "God Bless America" and couldn't find it. I forgot to edit the post. I was clicking back and forth on different tabs to find the links!

ETA: The actual title for the song by Jim Nabors is "The Impossible Dream", but I always find it by the line in the song "reach for the unreachable star".

1 Like Save    
liira55

Somewhere Over the Rainbow by IZ

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V1bFr2SWP1I

sjerin

Jim Nabors had a fabulous voice--I was so surprised the first time I heard it.

Rusty

Me, too, sjerin. I had only ever heard/seen him on "The Andy Griffith Show", then on "Gomer Pyle, USMC", so hearing/seeing him sing for the first time was a jaw-dropping experience.

It's hard to chose just one favorite song, or even 2 or 3, because so often what I listen to depends on the mood I'm in at the time, or what I'm doing, etc. But one that will almost always relax me and give me a very peaceful feeling is "What a Wonderful World", by Louis Armstrong.

I also love Lee Greenwood's "God Bless the USA", almost anything Waylon Jennings sang, Willie Nelson's "Blue Eyes", Kris Kristofferson's "Why Me, Lord", and the list goes on and on and on. . . . . . . . . . .

Rusty

2 Likes Save    
tigereye

I usually like very little country music, but there are some. Normally, it mostly rock. When I have time, I like to search for a song I like, listen to it, and then click on the next suggestion on the side. I am always amazed how far down the rabbit hole I can get!

Save    
marcopolo5

It's A Wonderful World by Louis Armstrong is a lasting favorite for me

watchmelol

I also love Ray Charles version of America the Beautiful.

Angel Flying Too Close to the Ground (Willie)
I Will Always Love You (but only the Dolly version)
I like just about anything by Freddie Fender

My tastes in music are eclectic but I am partial to old and classic country. When my friends were listening to the Beatles in their early days I was listening to a local country radio station. I had little interest in tween/teeny bopper music. Later as the Beatles evolved I grew to like their music.

My rock years were all the groups of the later sixties, most of which I saw live in San Francisco and around the SF Bay Area, The Jefferson Airplane, Big Brother (with Janice, The Grateful Dead, Jimi Hendrix etc. along with many of the garage bands that abounded at the time, some of which went on to fame.

Related Stories

Life You Said It: ‘They Looked at Me Like I Had 10 Heads’
Design advice, inspiration and observations that struck a chord
Full Story
Fun Houzz A Few Things I Would Like to Ask Frank Lloyd Wright
It could take a lifetime to understand Frank Lloyd Wright's work — less if we had answers to a few simple questions
Full Story
Product Picks Guest Picks: In Like a Lion, Out Like a Lamb
Take a cue from the classic adage about March with home accessories that call these animals to mind
Full Story
Most Popular Everything I Need to Know About Decorating I Learned from Downton Abbey
Mind your manors with these 10 decorating tips from the PBS series, returning on January 5
Full Story
Inside Houzz Inside Houzz: Updates to the Houzz App for iPhone and iPad
By Houzz
With a redesign and new features, the Houzz app is better than ever
Full Story
Life You Said It: ‘Just Because I’m Tiny Doesn’t Mean I Don’t Go Big’
Changing things up with space, color and paint dominated the design conversations this week
Full Story
Product Picks Guest Picks: In Like a Lion, Out Like a Lamb
Whether regal or sweet, one of March's animals will work with your home's décor
Full Story
Color I'll Have the Same: How to Design With Monochromatic Color
Indulge the eye, offer a break from visual chaos and make decorating easier with single-color rooms in any shade you like
Full Story