SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
sharon2079

Lavender Lassie

sharon2079
4 years ago

I have wanted this rose for a very long time.... I have had three collies.... and I lost my last one in May due to cancer. He was young just turned 6 by a day..... My last one (Oracle) was a REAL gardening buddy. When I dug, he would NOT, but he would come over and check out the up turned Earth.... When I weeded he would sit so close, sometimes I though he was in my lap. When I let him outside to do his business, he would and then walk the yard and actually stop and smell the roses in bloom. I never saw anything like it.... didn't even know animals cared about plants unless they wanted to eat them... My heart is still heavy.... Some days more than others.... but the pain has NOT seem to subside.....

So now I want to REALLY get the Lavender Lassie... I keep going to HelpmeFind.com and it say 10b zone... but I hear from local rosarians that it really doesn't bloom well here.... Have any of you guys bought a rose that you kind of know isn't really well suited for you, but REALLY wanted it for sentimental reasons... I am MISSING my guy so much that I even if the rose only bloomed just once in awhile.... or at least stayed healthy without blackspotting to death.... after all if I am getting a rose to tribute my beloved collie I don't want to have a real regret..... I have enough regrets as is.....

Thanks

Sharon

Comments (23)

Sponsored
KP Designs Group
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars50 Reviews
Franklin County's Unique and Creative Residential Interior Design Firm