Anti virus for laptop & desktop

bluesky1 (7a PA)

Can I run Norton on my desktop and Avast on my laptop? I know you are not to use 2 different anti virus programs on the same computer, is this different?

SaveComment3Like
Comments (3)
Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
zep516

Yes you can do that.

Save     Thanked by bluesky1 (7a PA)
Elmer J Fudd

No problem.

Save     Thanked by bluesky1 (7a PA)
kudzu9

You have two independent electronic devices. Neither of them cares what antivirus is on the other one. Just because they are both accessing the internet doesn't mean the software on one affects the software on the other.

1 Like Save     Thanked by bluesky1 (7a PA)

Related Stories

Most Popular Get Organized: Are You a Piler or a Filer?
Tote out the bins and baskets and learn how to be an organized piler if file cabinets leave you cringing
Full Story
Decorating Guides Design Debate: Is It OK to Hang the TV Over the Fireplace?
In the spirit of the upcoming political debates, we kick off a series of conversations on hotly contested design topics
Full Story
Your First House So You Want to Get a Cat
If you're a cat lover, the joys outweigh any other issue. If you haven't lived with one yet, here are a few things to know
Full Story
Most Popular Get Organized: Take a 10-Day Simplification Challenge
Organizational expert Emily Ley helps us get a jump-start on our New Year’s clear-outs
Full Story
Life How to Focus Your Family Room on Family
Reclaim your room from screens and headphones with these ideas for fostering family togetherness
Full Story
Feel-Good Home Escape the Inheritance Trap: What to Do With Sentimental Pieces
Too meaningful to toss but too hideous, precious or unusual to display? These ideas can help
Full Story
Life Turn Off the Video Games and Turn On Your Kid's Creativity
Going nuts planning summer activities? Kids overdosing on screen time? It may be time to foster more self-directed play
Full Story
Home Offices 20 of the Coziest Home Offices on Houzz
See if these work for you: home offices that are far from austere and close to constructive
Full Story
Most Popular To-Dos: Your January Home Checklist
It’s time to lighten up, cozy up and get organized as we head into a new year
Full Story