SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
caseybauer

Fotile range hoods

caseyb
4 years ago

A neighbor of mine (a talented professional chef who owns a Chinese restaurant) has highly recommended a Fotile range hood for our new house, based on many positive things he has heard. He specifically recommended the V Series. The one I am looking at is this: https://www.fotileglobal.com/us/product/ProductHoodV/12

I am quite interested based on what I have read about its efficiency and effectiveness, and the design seems quite innovative, and attractive as well. It's pricey at around $1k.

I am surprised by the hood's 6" duct size - that seems small. There is no CFM rating, but I have seen quotes of 850 from users. I wonder if this is something they are waiting for official word on, as a newer entrant to the US market.

The hood is designed to be vented straight up, but we will need to put an elbow on it. I have to investigate the potential impact of the elbow, and possibly increasing the diameter of the duct (before or after the elbow) before it penetrates the side of the house.

If anyone else has experience with this brand/hood, or has dug up other information, I would love to hear about it!

Thanks in advance.

Casey

Comments (15)