Was really hoping it would rain all night....

Kathsgrdn

It was pounding down on the way home from Lexington this afternoon. Now it's barely sprinkling and I have to work bright and early in the morning. I just heard a loud bang. ) : Just took a Benadryl...maybe I need to take something else.

SaveComment6Like
Comments (6)
Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
cynic

I've had enough rain around here. Likely more rain tonight tho.

Save    
nickel_kg

We could use a good soaking rain. We had a tiny little shower yesterday that perked my plants up, but they'll be drooping by this afternoon. I might need to water some of them.

But no rain between 8:30 and 10:30 tonight please, that's firework celebration time!

Save    
marilyn_c

We have had so much rain, and the ground saturated so much, that a huge oak in the side yard fell on Sunday. I've had enough.

Save    
nicole___

It rains every day, but not too much. Just enough to cool it off & none of the plants need a drink. The rental house lawns are looking pretty good too!

Save    
Kathsgrdn

I was basically hoping it would rain so the people shooting off fireworks wouldn't. ( :

1 Like Save    
maggie200

I’m here around Wash DC. Our traditional Capital Fourth was ruined because our President decided he would have his own and brought in tanks for a military style celebration and took $2M from DC park services to add to his much more expensive, VIP seating only for his. Reagan Airport was closed for his Jet Flyover and spectacular fireworks billed as the greatest 4th of JULY EVER. I hoped it would be rained out. People living here who had never missed a 4th of July with children were squeezed out by street closures.

Save    
Browse Gardening and Landscaping Stories on Houzz See all Stories
Landscape Design All-White Gardens Light Up the Night
Lustrous blooms in white, cream and the palest ivory enchant in the landscape at night — and can be practical too
Full Story
Life Is Your Bedroom Designed for a Good Night’s Sleep?
Find out how the right nightstands, bedding, rugs, TV and storage can help you get more restful slumber
Full Story
Bedrooms The Right Mattress: The Secret to a Great Night’s Sleep
We spend a third of our lives asleep, so investing in a quality mattress is essential. Check out this expert advice to help you choose yours
Full Story
Inspiration for some backyard chats
Inspiration for a warm welcome
Inspiration for dinner time under the stars
Inspiration for a little quality time
Inspiration for making that best pizza ever
Village and Coast, LLC provides a wide range of interior design and decorating services from bustling Northern... Read More