SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
mohanaray

Plan B urgently needed for entryway/bathroom

Mimi
4 years ago

I’m at my wits end coming up with a cohesive plan for the first floor of our townhouse! It has a bedroom, bathroom and entryway. We just had engineered wood installed in the bedroom (because there was no subfloor). I have ruled out wood look tile and vinyl plank flooring because I couldn’t find a close enough match to the bedroom floors. So now I am considering tile, but I would like to have the same/similar tile in both the entryway and the bathroom because it is a small poorly lit space- see first picture. Entryway is 36 inches wide and bathroom is 60x90 inches on the far right of the picture. FYI the stairs now have walnut wood treads and white risers and the walls will be painted white.

I want a look similar to the second picture for the bathroom- veiny marble tile on shower surround, but white penny or small hex tile on the shower floor. Should I extend that to the rest of the bathroom floor and entryway? Should I just put the same marble tile thats on the shower walls? I got a few samples of marble tile and tried it on the floor but it might be marble overkill (pictures 3 and 4). Please give me some advice! I need to go buy the tile tomorrow and still have not made up my mind!

Comments (17)