SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
eld6161

Blueberry pancakes.....or so I thought

eld6161
4 years ago
last modified: 4 years ago

DH and I went to a diner for breakfast. Not a usual haunt but a place on our way home from a doctor's appointment.

Maybe I live under a rock, but I didn't read the menu like it was a legal document. I decided on pancakes and above the pancake choices read: strawberry, blueberry and chocolate chips. Then the pancakes: griddle, whole wheat and silver dollars. The waitress asked if I wanted compote or fresh when I said I wanted blueberry pancakes.

DH order corned beef hash, eggs and toast.

Raise your hand if you expected the blueberries to actually be cooked within the pancakes? I received 3 large pancakes and a small plate of blueberries.

Again, maybe it's me, but I have never seen blueberry pancakes served this way.

DH was upset with his order. The hash was extremely dry and the egg which could have been the saving grace if they were runny like usual in this type of scenario, were almost hard boiled.

We explained our disappointment to the waitress. She explained that the pancakes were served this way due to allergies? Okaaaay????? Next (she obviously spoke to the manager) the manager came over to us and he said if the pancakes are cooked with in the batter, it ruins the griddle! He did not have an explanation for how dry the corned beef and eyes were. He tols us he would remove the corned beef, which we did not want him to do. We said we were more than glad to pay for it all, this was not our intention. We gave the waitress a huge tip. We appreciated the kindness, but we won't be back.

Comments (21)