ugh.....pedicure....

always1stepbehind

I got a pedicure on Friday afternoon and the lady of course wanted to know if I wanted the callus treatment...okayyyy...my feet NOW feel rough from whatever she did. Yuck. I think I want do try Baby Foot or something similar to do a complete sloughing and see if that makes a difference.

SaveComment8Like
Comments (8)
Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
PRO
Anglophilia

Gee, my feet always feel as soft as a baby's bottom when I get a pedicure, and the callous treatment is part of the pedicure. I need one - must do that in the next few days.

2 Likes Save    
Bluebell66

Try Kerasal or Flexitol Heel Balm. You’ll feel smoother right away, especially if you use a pumice first, then apply the ointment. I like to use it before bed and then i wear socks overnight. Baby Feet has always seemed a bit inconvenient to me, but I’ve never tried it.

1 Like Save     Thanked by always1stepbehind
Zalco/bring back Sophie!

Amlactin for a few days and baby feet will be yours.

1 Like Save    
wantoretire_did

I second Amlactin, then cover with Aquaphor.

Save    
arcy_gw

My kids gave me a pumice stone years ago. I go after my heels and the tiny growths on the balls of my feet each time I shower.

Save    
always1stepbehind

I was surprised this was the first time my feet felt worse after a pedicure. Thank you for the suggestions. I'll have to give them a try.

Save    
maifleur01

Sometimes, also happened with my first pedi, the tech will not remove all of the callus because tender uncallused tissue is too close and removing all to the edge could cause damage to the adjoining area. Mine told me this and also explained what to do. Several good suggestions above.

If you happen to have ridges of callus which is what I had you might want to check why the buildup in those areas. Mine was caused by the socks I had bunching and rubbing in that area.

Save    

Related Stories

The Polite House The Polite House: On ‘No Shoes’ Rules and Breaking Up With Contractors
Emily Post’s great-great-granddaughter gives us advice on no-shoes policies and how to graciously decline a contractor’s bid
Full Story
Most Popular Pantone Picks a Purple for Its 2018 Color of the Year
Move over, Millennial Pink. Pantone’s color experts think Ultra Violet is ready to influence design choices next year
Full Story
Decorating Guides 5 Decor Trends to Try — and 5 to Rethink
Some style trends are worth jumping onboard. Others you may want to let fade from your memory
Full Story
Your First House So You're Thinking About Getting a Dog
Prepare yourself for the realities of training, cost and the impact that lovable pooch might have on your house
Full Story