SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
bobiddia

Exterior paint color help for 1970's rambler rental

Avalon Ln
4 years ago

I would appreciate suggestions for what color schemes to paint the two styles of ramblers. This is a multi-family property. There are 5 buildings in a horseshoe shape. The first 2 buildings on the ends have T1-11 siding. The 3 buildings in the middle have rock siding, with T1-11 gables. The property is in a low-income neighborhood of Yakima, Washington, a dry region that grows fruit.

The 2 wood-sided buildings need a complete paint job. The rock sided buildings need to have the wood doors, door trim, fascia, soffit and gables painted. The rock siding has 3 colors: white, blue and green. Since the rock siding has to stay, I was wondering if the wood-sided buildings should be blue with white trim? I have attached a photo with a Sherwin-Williams color fan against the rock siding.

In your opinion, do we paint the two wood-sided buildings 1 color for door and door trim, and a 2nd color for the wall, fascia and soffit? Or 1 color for the door, a 2nd color for the door trim and fascia, and a 3rd color for the wall and soffit? Or a different combination? Which combination is better and why? What color scheme do you recommend?

In your opinion, do we paint the three rock-sided buildings 1 color for door and door trim, and a 2nd color for the gable, fascia and soffit? Or 1 color for the door, a 2nd color for the door trim and fascia, and a 3rd color for the gable and soffit? Or a different combination? Which combination is better and why? What color scheme do you recommend?

I really appreciate your time,

Karen

Comments (7)