Mike Rowe.

kathyg_in_mi

From Dirty Jobs has a new show called, “Somebodies Got to Do It”.

DD and I are watching and DH asked, “Do you think Barsky will be on?”

Just wondering.

Tried typing Gotta and it wouldn’t let me!

SaveComment6Like
Comments (6)
Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
Elmer J Fudd

I'm a Rowe fan so I checked. Somebody's Gotta Do It was in production from 2014 to 2015 and then again a few episodes were done last year. Nothing new since 2018 so what you saw must be old reruns.

One thing newish he has been doing lately is short podcasts, usually two or three per month. He said in the most recent one he's taking a break for a few months (which may or may not mean it's over). It's called "The Way I Heard It" and reminds me of Paul Harvey's "The Rest of the Story" if you ever heard that. If you haven't heard Rowe's podcast, there's a good backlog (more than 100) you can listen to.

1 Like Save     Thanked by kathyg_in_mi
nickel_kg

I like Mike Rowe too. I like that he sees the value in blue collar work and promotes mastery of a trade as an alternative to today's college. He's very glib and that smooth voice of his is a pleasure to listen to.

3 Likes Save     Thanked by kathyg_in_mi
Judy Good

I like Mike Rowe too. Love his new Facebook show "returning the favor" new one each month during filming.

2 Likes Save     Thanked by kathyg_in_mi
socks

I agree with you, Nickel. I love his dry sense of humor. I hope he never has any lasting health affects from the different exposures he has had. The real workers too, of course!

2 Likes Save    
cynic

I never saw the enticement of Rowe. He's got a great voice for broadcasting, no doubt. I just don't see the attraction. To each their own. I remember him from his QVC days. Very nervous fella starting on camera.

1 Like Save    
kathyg_in_mi

Cynic, I didn't know he was on QVC! I'm not much of a TV shopper. But he did used to be an opera singer.

Save    
Browse Gardening and Landscaping Stories on Houzz See all Stories
Before and Afters Coastal Makeover: A Florida Home Sees the Light
They're done! Check out the result of a ranch home that went from dark and dated to bright and airy — with a coveted water view
Full Story
Architecture Plan Your Home Remodel: The Design and Drawing Phase
Renovation Diary, Part 2: A couple has found the right house, a ranch in Florida. Now it's time for the design and drawings
Full Story
Ranch Homes Follow a Ranch House Renovation From Start to Finish
Renovation Diary, Part 1: Join us on a home project in Florida for lessons for your own remodel — starting with finding the right house
Full Story
George Asher Homes is a residential remodeling contractor and custom home builder. We manage construction... Read More