Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
Annie Deighnaugh

9 Likes Save    
arcy_gw

10 Likes Save    
jim_1 (Zone 9A)

I saw Carnival Legend in Stephens Passage as we were nearing glaciers.

The lighter colored rock shows where this glacier used to be, it has retreated that much.

11 Likes Save    
Lars

This is pretty much as close as I got to Alaska, which is Vancouver BC. I did get as far north as Squamish, but I have not yet scanned those photos.

9 Likes Save    
OutsidePlaying

12 Likes Save    
rob333 (zone 7a)

Never been. Daddy was stationed in Adak though. If that counts ;)

I'm using up vacation time, and we got up early to build VBS stage stuff. He's learned how to toenail screws, and only a quarter (he thought it'd be half of it) needed it, a board can be warped and still work well with cross supports, and how to alternate between pilot hole and drilling bits by keeping them on the drill.

Although he's already built me a BEAUTIFUL sofa table, I'd like an end table, coffee table, night stands, and when he's really practiced a sideboard with doors and drawers. He's enjoying all the ideas, so yay!

8 Likes Save    
gyr_falcon

Honeycreeper at the San Diego Safari Park I am puzzled by the very white legs and feet; generally they are bright yellow. Maybe he is too young, even though he has adult plumage.

11 Likes Save    
joanmn

Here is a strange thing...that has nothing to do with pictures. Today is my son's 48th birthday, he and my daughter will be the same age until July 30. And I thought it was embarrassing when I was young that my sister and I are the same age for 3 weeks.

8 Likes Save    
marilyn_c

My brother was stationed in Fairbanks...that is my only connection to Alaska. So, here is a waterlily named Red Spider.

12 Likes Save    
murraysmom Zone 6a OH

9 Likes Save    
nicole___

Never been to Alaska. Great shots everyone!

---------------------------------------------------------------------

Finished the steps. Yay! The path needs some filling in...

9 Likes Save    
adellabedella_usa

Took this picture at Lowes earlier.

9 Likes Save    
DawnInCal

Somewhere over Greenland:

9 Likes Save    
lgmd_gaz

joanmn, my 2 daughters are the same age for 4 days. It was a little embarrassing those 59+ years ago. LOL. It helped a little that the oldest was 3 weeks premature and the youngest was 7 weeks premature.

the last of the Oriental lilys

8 Likes Save    
maire_cate

Last night DD and I went to the Mann Music Center to watch a recording of an NPR show - "Wait, Wait, Don't Tell Me." I've been to other tapings of the show and always enjoyed them. Paula Poundstone was on the panel last night and she is really a hoot.

5 Likes Save    

Related Stories

Collections 10 Look-at-Me Ways to Show Off Your Collectibles
Give your prized objects center stage with a dramatic whole-wall display or a creative shelf arrangement
Full Story
Life Houzz Call: Show Us Your Mom’s Influence on Your Home
Maybe it’s a great chess set or a style philosophy. With Mother’s Day nearing, where do you see your mom in your space?
Full Story
Houzz Call: Show Us Your Paint Makeovers
Let your newly repainted house or room do the "How d'ya like me now?" strut right here — it might just be featured in an upcoming ideabook
Full Story
Gardening and Landscaping Houzz Call: Show Us Your Well-Designed Treehouse or Tree Fort!
Got a great treehouse or tree fort? We want to see it! Post yours in the Comments and we’ll feature the best in a future article
Full Story
Weddings Houzz Call: Show Us Your Backyard Wedding!
Did you say ‘I do’ at home? We want to hear and see everything about it. Share your photos and you could be featured in an upcoming ideabook
Full Story
Decorating Guides Show Your Team Spirit With Colors
Announce your football allegiance with something subtler than a shout: rooms dressed in color palettes to match your team
Full Story
Fun Houzz Houzz Call: Show Us Your Nutty Home Fixes
If you've masterminded a solution — silly or ingenious — to a home issue, we want to know
Full Story
Life Show Us More of Your Nutty Home Fixes
We’d love to see what you’ve rigged up lately to make your home run smoothly
Full Story
Holidays Houzz Call: Show Us Your Thanksgiving Table Decor!
Mercury glass, pheasant feathers and colorful glassware are just a few of the fall table setting ideas we're spotting
Full Story