SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
webuser_631239718

Help deciding sectional sofa size

Ash James
4 years ago

Sectional too short/long?
My sofa will go on a living room wall that is 156" long. I'm looking at a 108" sofa with a left facing chaise with rectangle end tables that are 20" wide x 13" deep. I'm thinking of turning the end table by the chaise sideways so it is longer front to back instead of left to right and pair it with a floor lamp. If I do this I will be left with about 15 inches of empty space between the chaise and the non opening side of a sliding glass door. Is this ok or should I remove the end table and get a longer sofa so the chaise is flush against the sliding door? Like it is in the attached picture, which is an identical layout to mine. Sidd note: Sectional will be only seating in living room. I only need seating for 2 or 3 ppl max.
I'm concerned about:
(1) The dead space between the chaise and sliding door.
(2) About it being off center with the tv on the opposite wall (14 feet). Current tv is 49" and will be centered across from the sofa portion (seat length is 96" and 35" of that is the chaise so centered between the remaining 61").
(3) That the chaise is too long. It's 73" and doesn't block the doorway and the opposite wall is 5.5 feet away. Ok size?
The sectional is the Interior Define Sloan and comes in 4" increments from 100-112". (Photo with the dog)

Comments (5)