Today's weather where I live.

jim_1 (Zone 9A)

Yikes! It is rotten. Yesterday was bad enough, but today it is outrageous. I live along the 'nature coast' of Florida. About one hour north of Tamp/St. Petersburg.

At 10:30 a.m. it was 92 degrees, with a dew point of 86, making it feel like 123! And, only a slight breeze from the west (about 5 mph).

And, we still have July, August and September to go! The missus disliked the cold of Illinois and I detest the heat of Florida.

SaveComment23Like4
Comments (23)
Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
Annie Deighnaugh

We have sunny and in the mid 80s today. Finally...we've had so much rain and so many cloudy days, the sunshine feels great.

Save    
happy2b…gw

High temps and humidity are difficult. Even sitting in the shade is unbearable. In the DC area the forecast is for high 80's-low 90's with high humidity. The days have been sunny with storms almost everyday. The official start of summer hit the switch for heat.

Save    
ldstarr

It is mid-70's today and sunny after a very cool, wet May and early June. I think this is the first week we haven't had a chance of rain every single day.

Save    
blfenton

We need rain so desperately. They keep forecasting it and it never appears. We still haven't had our spring rains and forest fires are kicking up. We had a forest fire on the hwy to Whistler which never happens but fortunately the water tanker planes were able to kick it down.

Save    
DawnInCal

I feel for you, Jim. I don't like heat and I like the combination of heat and humidity even less. It gets hot where I live, but as everyone is so fond of saying, "it's a dry heat."

We are having unseasonably mild weather the last few days. The forecast for today is 74 degrees with a cool breeze. Tomorrow we are supposed to reach an even cooler 71 before temps start rising again with mid-80s through Monday and a high of 92 on the 4th of July. I wish we were going to have temps in the 70's for the 4th. That would be awesome!

1 Like Save    
raee_gw zone 5b-6a Ohio

It has warmed up and supposed to hit the high 80s today. More humid, also, but I get acclimated and find it not too bad (currently 58% RH). With these conditions we possibly will have thunderstorms popping up here & there for the next several days.

Even though I spend a lot of time outdoors in summer and can tolerate our heat/humidity levels, when I was visiting a cousin in Tampa, in late September, I was very uncomfortable. I would never move there no matter how much I dislike winter.

Save    
gadgets

In my part of Ohio, it's rare to get a second day in a row without rain, but it's happening today and I'm thrilled. Ground is still soggy from all the excess rain we've been getting for a long time. I'd love to share some of it with those of you who need it so much.

Save    
Kathsgrdn

Been raining in Central KY nearly every day lately. It was nice yesterday and is again today. 88 right now. I may cut some hedges later this evening but I'm staying in cleaning the house most of the day. It's humid here but Florida is just miserable. I couldn't live down there.

Save    
Lars

We're having what's known as "June Gloom" where I live, which means overcast mornings and partly cloudy afternoons with highs around 72°. This makes it easier for me to do my gardening. Winter weather is only about 4-5° cooler with highs around 68° in January.

We're buying a house in Coachella Valley (Palm Springs area), and right now it is supposed to get to 97° there, but it is a dry heat, as Dawn mentioned. The good thing there is that I will have a large swimming pool, and so I won't mind the heat.

The worst place I've lived for heat was Houston, which is somewhat like Florida in the summer with temperatures and humidity in the 90's.

I moved to San Francisco from Texas and never adjusted to the cold weather there.

My brother has a friend in Tampa who wants us to visit her, but I will make sure that we only go there in the winter, if we go. Tampa does not have very good air connections to Los Angeles - non-stop flights are expensive.

Save    
Fun2BHere

June Gloom here too. Summer comes a little later here than some other places in the country. However, so does autumn. So, when some of you are starting to enjoy crisp fall days, we will still be sweltering with summer heat until well into October/November.

Save    
marilyn_c

It is 89* right now and 74% humidity. I am getting ready to go out and pot waterlilies. I don't know how long I will stay out....but I have a "quota" and I have to get at least 4 potted today. I am behind because it has rained the past two days. I try to do at least two or three a day, and I am trying to catch up...slowly. I was soaking wet with sweat when I came in from feeding the horses this morning. I ate breakfast, fed my baby possums, procrastinated....and now I have to go out.

Save    
Janie

Jim - come on over to the other coast (and a bit farther north). I live in northern FL a little south of St. Augustine on the barrier island between the Halifax River and the Atlantic Ocean. Its a chilly 84 here right now and there is a nice breeze. We do have some days that are hotter and more humid, but not that many. Give it a try!

Save    
Michael

Too many brag about living in Florida during winter. They deserve summer heat and humidity. :)

Save    
patriciae_gw

68 and minor thunderstorms off in the distance-hanging behind the ridge of mountains to the south (we live in a long valley) Humidity is 64%. We have been getting rain off and on for the last couple of weeks after a dry spell. I like to go into the fourth nice and well soaked. It typically stops raining about that time for a couple of months. So high 40's to fifties at night edging up finally into the 70's during the day. Everything is in bloom.

I used to live in Tampa and considered it cool by comparison to south central Alabama or Mississippi. You have a breeze normally. Heat in Ala or Ms is oppressive oven like with not a breath of air. People talk about how hot it is in the tropics but when we moved to the Philippines from Mississippi we thought it was cool. I do not do heat at all anymore. I used to just love it.

Save    
glenda_al

75 at 9 pm

Save    
blfenton

We had a thunderstorm at 9:30 (west coast) and it started to rain. Yes. It's supposed to rain all night so I sure hope so because then it's clear again for the next week.

Save    
blfenton

It was raining all night and woke us up during the night. It cleared for 1 1/2 hours earlier this morning while we got our trail run in and now it's raining again. Finally! We need it so much. It's only supposed to rain until early afternoon and then stop and then be clear for the next week.

Save    
jim_1 (Zone 9A)

4:00 p.m. on Thursday. 90 degrees, 75 dew point, means 105 feel like. A LOT better than yesterday. Maybe it is the cloud cover today.

Save    
Uptown Gal

91 in my part of the Great Lakes...under a severe Thunderstorm Watch with

winds up to 75 and hail expected. First hot, muggy day we have had...last

week we were wearing rain jackets and it was cool. More of the same for

the week-end. First sign of summer we have had....don't like this sign. LOL

Save    
joann_fl

at 5:19 pm its 91º

Save    
DawnInCal

3:00p.m. and currently 79 degrees. The high today was supposed to be 73; we easily exceeded that. It's sunny with a cool, pleasant breeze blowing. I love this kind of day - it will be triple digits here soon enough, so I am really savoring this weather.

Save    
maifleur01

First official day over 90 but that is only because the official reading site is at the airport far from the heat areas of the downtown area. There is a nice breeze 13-20 mph which makes it feel cooler.

Save    
happy2b…gw

The forecast for the next 5 days is 90's, humid, and no rain. That's hot and sticky.

Save    

Related Stories

Fall and Thanksgiving Show Us a Favorite View of Fall Where You Live
How have your yards and views been transformed by fall? Your photo may be featured in an upcoming story!
Full Story
Traditional Architecture Georgian-Inspired Elegance Lives on in Today's Homes
Classical design from a bygone era gives today's homes beautiful proportions, subtle color palettes and decorative architectural features
Full Story
Houzz Call Show Us the First Signs of Fall Where You Live
Share your pictures of the changing season in the Comments. Your photos might be featured in an upcoming story
Full Story
Midcentury Homes See Where America's Most Celebrated Furniture Maker Lived and Worked
Walk with us through the Southern California home and studio of Sam Maloof as events honoring his centennial kick off
Full Story
Laundry Rooms Where Can I Hide My Laundry Area?
It’s a case of now you see it, now you don’t with these 10 clever ways of fitting in a laundry zone
Full Story
Materials How Brick Fits Into Today’s Gardens
Natural brick is often considered a traditional building material. Here’s how people are using it in contemporary gardens too
Full Story
Remodeling Guides Where to Splurge, Where to Save in Your Remodel
Learn how to balance your budget and set priorities to get the home features you want with the least compromise
Full Story
Living Rooms The Family Home: Living Rooms You Can Live In
Have a beautiful, stylish living room that's also kid-friendly by incorporating smart storage, comfort and bold colors
Full Story