SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
laura_grosmaire

Grout color for bathroom floor

Laura Grosmaire
4 years ago
last modified: 4 years ago

We are going to put down 6 inch hex tiles in the new bathroom. They are porcelain and have a nicely subtly bumpy quality which makes them not slippery and also softens that porcelain "whiteness" due to how the light reflects off them. This is good because the vanity is a grained brownish oak and we'll have brass fixtures. We are looking at 3 grout colors, all darker than tile. I know this will pop the hex out some and make the floor busier, this will be the visually busy place in the room. Better on the floor than in your face! From someone who doesn't like busy! Anyway, one color, the buttercream, has a bit of red tone in it that really tones well with the wood (it's warmer). The other 2 colors, mushroom (slightly darker than bone), and bone, are more sand tones. Dear husband likes bone. I tend to like light, too, in general, but wonder about the slight "offness" of tone. Is it going to matter on the floor (vs in your face)? Is it close enough? Will the darker buttercream make the floor a lot busier? I've included a pic of the bathroom floor to see the layout (long/narrow). The grout lines will be minimal (1/8 inch? - narrower than samples shown), but visible, the tile is not rectified.

It's really hard for me to envision this, need the help/opinion of others!

Buttercream (slight red tones/slightly darker & warmer)

Mushroom - slightly darker than bone, but more "sandish" than buttercream:

Bone, lightest of 3:

And layout:

Comments (7)