SHOP BY DEPARTMENT
Houzz Logo Print
hoosier_nan

Flowers on a Tuesday with no rain

Our rain has passed for a few days, but now the heat is on. I made quite a few pollinations and didn't take the time to take too many pictures.

Impressionist Sky was just begging for a clump shot.

I'm a King Bee is one of the reasons I love bonus plants. I would never have picked it for myself, but now that I am growing it, I find I like it a lot. It's a very large flower.

Lights of Detroit is one that Bob picked. It is one of the plants Richard Norris used in his Substantial Evidence lines. Bob likes how flat-faced it is.

The rest of these are seedlings. This is Catching Fire X (Empire of Dawn and Dusk X Ruby Lipstick).

I guess we are learning that you can't really judge a seedling's plant habit until you give it a little space. Crammed in the seedling bed last season, this one appeared a little puny with a low bud count. Now it's in the observation bed, it has tall scapes, more buds, and a huge flower. This pollen went around the garden today. This is Lavender Oasis X Tet. Rose F. Kennedy.

This is another one that is flourished now it is out of the seedling bed. This is Pumpkin Prince X Remembered Kisses. We moved it based on its flower, but now the plant is showing promise too. The flower is quite large also.

Comments (13)

Sponsored
Triple Peak Construction, LLC
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars7 Reviews
Licensed, Veteran Owned Remodeling Company Based in Sterling