SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
eve_fairbanks

What neutral paint color goes w/ rich-colored Moroccan-style house?

Eve
4 years ago

I'm looking to draw an uncoordinated kitchen and bedroom into our house's main color scheme. Currently they're completely different colors and I'm looking for a more holistic feel. The current colors in the house that can't be changed are (approximately--I live in South Africa and work with Plascon) Sherwin Williams Rainwashed (primarily), SW Celestial, SWScarlet, BM Pumpkin Spice, Behr Crisp Celery, and SW Capri (so a blue-ish sage, rich reds and terracottas, a greenish beige, and a teal).

I can't seem to figure out what I should be going for in neutrals, though--a yellow undertone? green undertone? Would Agreeable Gray be too brown next to Rainwashed? I don't understand if I should be looking for whites/grays with the same undertones as my existing hues, or contrasting. The current neutral paint in the hallways (not represented well in the pics) is close to BM Gray Wisp and feels a bit dull.

When I Google "what goes with Sherwin Williams Rainwashed," I get these really airy looking interiors, whereas our aesthetic is MUCH richer and more vintage/Moroccan. Pics below for examples of what exists, as opposed to the unusual kitchen (with my dude cooking dinner--yay).

Comments (3)