SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
webuser_490471249

How can I update my 1980s cream brick villa-unit without rendering?

A H
4 years ago

Hi, I am downsizing into this 1980s cream brick free standing villa (unit) with a terracotta roof. We love this suburb and this will be my forever home once my kids have finished uni. As it is part of a strata development, I am unable (i think) to render the exterior and so I have to work with what I have. There are only 4 villas in the complex and all are free standing.. a row of cottages. I am going for a modern cottage style inside and out, nothing too grand. I would like it to be pretty and I do plan on pulling out those hedges. I also plan on lifting as much of that paving as I am permitted and replace it with something more modern and planting pockets of shrubs etc. As it is, the paving is the same as the driveway and it is all a bit stark. There is room on the right side for a small table and chairs and a small area of planting, possibly low clipped box hedges to define my property, as it is very private, this will be a nice place to catch the winter sun. I plan to paint the barge boards and trim etc and cannot decide between white and touches of light cream, or light cream with touches of black and perhaps classic black planters at the front entrance. Or just go all cream and lots of white trims, white pots etc. Iam also unsure what color paving to use on my veranda and entrance to both enhance the cream brick facade and that will work with the red bricks of the driveway. It is quite a challenge when there are a lot of things that can't be changed. Any advice would be appreciated.

Comments (5)