Annie Deighnaugh

11 Likes Save    
Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
jim_1 (Zone 9A)

Sunset in Naples, Italy

11 Likes Save    
nicole___

The sun is shinning on my iris bed, I planted these last week in October. 75% bloomed!!!!!! 240 of them!

11 Likes Save    
joanmn

11 Likes Save    
Summer

12 Likes Save    
OklaMoni

10 Likes Save    
susanwv

Bud fell asleep while playing on my iPad, haha

8 Likes Save    
Lars

9 Likes Save    
gyr_falcon

White-faced Ibis

9 Likes Save    
Fun2BHere

Yesterday

7 Likes Save    
DawnInCal

I don't get up early enough for sunrise, but here's a sunset for later...

8 Likes Save    
murraysmom Zone 6a OH

Wow, Nicole, how long did it take you to plant all those!!! What an undertaking. They are beautiful and look great against that wall.

Gyr, beautiful bird. I like Ibis a lot but have never seen a red one. Is that where you live or were you on a trip?

There ain't no sunshine here.........I spy a daisy!

6 Likes Save    
caflowerluver

Sunrise on my Peruvian lilies.

6 Likes Save    
maire_cate

Rubber Duckies on Lake Afton - Yardley, PA

5 Likes Save    
ravencajun Zone 8b TX

Nicole those are beautiful! I got some bulbs from a friend in the garden club. I will be having those planted and hopefully I will have some iris in the future. I have 2 I moved here with me but they have not bloomed this year.

1 Like Save    
ravencajun Zone 8b TX

At my previous house. Hope it will bloom here.

8 Likes Save    
nicole___

murraysmom....I dug a trench and just layed them in there and tried standing them up as I covered them. Mostly ALL the 240 were bi-colored wine. These odd yellow ones look red until they open....isn't that strange....?

Raven...those are a beautiful dark yellow! Nice!

6 Likes Save    
Jasdip

I'm babysitting Gino today. I came in from hanging the laundry and he met me at the door with his toy. He makes me smile!

9 Likes Save    
ravencajun Zone 8b TX

Jasdip he is so darn cute!

Save    
Jasdip

He adores me, Raven! When his mom walks him down the street, he paw-plants himself outside the apt bldg and won't budge past. He just stares at the bldg wanting in!! It's been more than once where there's a knock at the door and she's laughing and Gino comes bounding in!

2 Likes Save    
gyr_falcon

murraysmom, this ibis was photographed in Southern California, relatively near to where I live. It is a year round resident in portions of CA and along the Texas gulf coastal area, but can be found less frequently at certain times of the year throughout much of the west, as far north as mid-Idaho. It is similar to the Glossy ibis that is seen in Florida and along the gulf coast

3 Likes Save    
socks

He loves you, Jasdip. Pets lift our spirits.

Here’s my latest puzzle. I really enjoyed working it until I got to the flowers which was terribly slow and not so much fun. It took me 10 days working off and on to do it, 1000 pieces. It will be a while before I do a puzzle with flowers in it again!

9 Likes Save    
murraysmom Zone 6a OH

Thanks, gyr. I've only seen the white ibis. This guy is very cool!!

Jasdip, that is adorable how much that pup loves you!!!

Nicole, it is strange that a yellow one shows up! But that is Mother Nature for you. I have what started out as a yellow rose bush that now produces red roses.

2 Likes Save    
nicole___

murraysmom....I have a grafted rose bush @ the other house....same thing., The top dies and the root system is Dr. Huey and IT survives. So you now have a Dr Huey rose bush. Take a look...is this it?

1 Like Save    
murraysmom Zone 6a OH

It could very well be. Right now, it's pretty tiny and surrounded by coneflowers and coreopsis. I probably should dig it out and put it somewhere it can grow better. This is when I first planted it. It was supposed to be a yellow Knockout rose.

3 Likes Save    

Related Stories

Collections 10 Look-at-Me Ways to Show Off Your Collectibles
Give your prized objects center stage with a dramatic whole-wall display or a creative shelf arrangement
Full Story
Life Houzz Call: Show Us Your Mom’s Influence on Your Home
Maybe it’s a great chess set or a style philosophy. With Mother’s Day nearing, where do you see your mom in your space?
Full Story
Gardening and Landscaping Houzz Call: Show Us Your Well-Designed Treehouse or Tree Fort!
Got a great treehouse or tree fort? We want to see it! Post yours in the Comments and we’ll feature the best in a future article
Full Story
Houzz Call: Show Us Your Paint Makeovers
Let your newly repainted house or room do the "How d'ya like me now?" strut right here — it might just be featured in an upcoming ideabook
Full Story
Weddings Houzz Call: Show Us Your Backyard Wedding!
Did you say ‘I do’ at home? We want to hear and see everything about it. Share your photos and you could be featured in an upcoming ideabook
Full Story
Decorating Guides Show Your Team Spirit With Colors
Announce your football allegiance with something subtler than a shout: rooms dressed in color palettes to match your team
Full Story
Fun Houzz Houzz Call: Show Us Your Nutty Home Fixes
If you've masterminded a solution — silly or ingenious — to a home issue, we want to know
Full Story
Life Show Us More of Your Nutty Home Fixes
We’d love to see what you’ve rigged up lately to make your home run smoothly
Full Story
Holidays Houzz Call: Show Us Your Thanksgiving Table Decor!
Mercury glass, pheasant feathers and colorful glassware are just a few of the fall table setting ideas we're spotting
Full Story