SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
webuser_409480021

New Black Granite Counter Tops -- Stains!

K Bromage
4 years ago

I am hoping that someone can provide some guidance! We just had black granite counter tops installed two weeks ago. A few days after they were installed, I noticed some "waffle/grid" spots on the island. I had my contractor contact the granite company and the granite company came out and "fixed" them. Now today I'm noticing spots beside the sink -- maybe from the dishes that were sitting there last evening during dinner clean-up? I have tried to get the spots out with dish soap and water, with Granite Gold cleaner, and with a baking soda/water paste -- and nothing will remove them. My contractor called the granite company and they told me to look on "StoneAdvice.com" for guidance and help!! They are basically treating me as if I'm just a very nitpicky customer. But after paying thousands of dollars, I'm very frustrated that the granite company won't even tell me how to remove spots. And I don't want to worry about anything and everything that I put on the countertops!! And then I'm wondering if I should even be getting spots like this in the first place after only two weeks!? Any help or input would be appreciated!! I'm feeling very helpless!

"Grid" spots two days after installation which they came back and removed

New spots today

Comment (1)