SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
april_marie44

Small room challenge: Office/dressing/craft room

April Ferguson
4 years ago
<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?><md>This is our second bedroom that we want to create a space for multiple uses.
• A space to get ready, make up, hair and change
• A space for computer, printer, bills, office supplies
• A space for my future side hustle. A working area for that hustle and other crafts!

I would say that I have a good eye and I have experience in design and decorating throughout my space and for other family members/customers at work, but I just can't get my head around this!

My challenges:
SIZE: Size is 9'10" by 12' 11"

• MONEY

• COHEISIVE LAYOUT: so that the room isnt chopped up?

• DRESSER: has no where else to go.

• STYLES I LIKE: Bohemian, modern, mid century, or a combo of all of them.

Our funds are tiny, so we are open to repurposing if it doesn't involve much more than painting. However, time is precious as having this as a functioning space would improve so many daily tasks and projects tremendously! I cant take it anymore!

Anyone have tips for a layout that will accommodate all those needs? I have gone back and forth with creating a U-shape on the opposite wall of the dresser and combining that with all my uses in one. Or having a separate station for makeup/hair getting ready. Ps - Our bathroom is TINY with no counter, so almost impossible to do these things in there.

We will be repainting, but I want to make sure it's not so feminine. I'm good with color but again this dresser is a challenge. it is a wood grain with an off white tone. Iron/black bronze hardware.

Furniture I want to all be coheisive, but not bulky because this is such a small space.

Any help would be amazing!

Thank you to anyone who read this far!

Comments (16)