SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
webuser_542173479

Dining Room Off center Skylight and No room for hard wiring

Brittany Alexann
4 years ago
last modified: 4 years ago

This is my very plain dining room. I took the shelves out for possible painting but I keep getting stuck with too many ideas. I also have this off center skylight so I centered my table with the double doors which feels right and I have a medium size chandelier I got that I think I could use over the center of the table but Im not sure if it will look strange right next to the skylight. Then I have this horrible ceiling fan that has a cord running down the wall which I would probably do away with. Just looking for ideas on the lighting and whatever else! was thinking a dark color like benjamin moore onyx on the wall with buffet table . then i have this ac closet door to figure out what to do with as well. I am a fan of midcentury modern styles but not in a costumey way...if that makes sense. tasteful midcentury mod.

I also have this exposed beam wall to work with...the wider beam in center is supporting the rest Ive been told could be removed if I wanted. I thought of hanging curtains from ceiling height to floor to hide them? Any ideas? thanks.

Comments (22)