Does Trump ever really SAY anything???

jama7(6)

This is what we always see/hear over and over and over. He's totally ignorant of critical matters he's supposed to know and oversee which is probably due to the fact he doesn't "do" intelligence reports over 2 mins. (Well Fox and Friends is on after all and Tweet Tweet!!) Many of us feel a strong grip on military matters like this is kinda important for a POTUS. In an interview yesterday, a reporter asked about the Iran situation and why we should trust what the admin tells us: (since lies are their stock in trade...)

"Well, we have Iran. (Good start!) We've been talking to various people on lots of different sides. We'll see what happens with Iran." We're very well set, we're very well configured, we have a lot of things going on with Iran."

"I spoke with president Xi of China".......HUH?? (Trying to change subject apparently.) Back to reporter's questioning about Iran and are we prepared?

"We're looking at Iran, we have a lot of things going with Iran, we're prepared, we'll SEE WHAT HAPPENS. Very well prepared for Iran."

Blank. Just blank. There really is nothing there. All nothingness, all the time with anything that requires more than 2rd grade knowledge. "VARIOUS people, things, places, LOTS of people, things, places. "DIFFERENT people blah blah....." We're looking, we'll see what happens," .....on and on and on any and all subjects.

SaveComment62Like11
Comments (62)
Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
dandyfopp

He blathers to fill air, looking for cheers.

That is all.

20 Likes Save    
leona_2008

dandy nailed it.

6 Likes Save    
jama7(6)

And please don't defend him with "Well, he's not going to divulge military strategy." Please...it's EVERYTHING, every subject, all the time.

11 Likes Save    
jama7(6)

Webuser 107388825(7a)

It is very painful for me to watch and listen to him.

I'm very much into captions on TV now.....even that's tough.

Save    
sunflower_petal(5a)

"I'm here to save you"

Crowd: YAY

"It's gonna be great."

"You're gonna be so happy."

"America will be better than before."

Attendee1: "What did he say he'll do?"

Attendee2: "Make us great."

Attendee1: "How?"

Attendee2: "Just by being there."

Attendee1: "Cool."

17 Likes Save    
Searchresults

7 Likes Save    
Joaniepoanie

Well, when your favorite show is Fox and Friends what do you expect?

(I've never seen such a brainless trio as the one on F&F)

4 Likes Save    
Ziemia(6a)

So, Trump doesn't say much in the way of clear - just like the pro-Trump memes.

7 Likes Save    
graywings123(7)

I have a feeling that when the Dems finally pick a candidate to run against him, Trump is not going to debate her/him. He has too much to lose.

5 Likes Save    
margievank

Ziemia(6a)

So, Trump doesn't say much in the way of clear

When you don't want to listen, and have a closed mind, it will never be clear. Trump supporters have much clarity;)

Save    
margievank

What have the left candidates got to debate about graywings? What?

Save    
sunflower_petal(5a)

Trump supporters have much clarity?

Like this guy who says that Trump has never lied:

https://www.cnn.com/videos/politics/2019/06/18/trump-voters-campaign-kickoff-florida-ebof-lavandera-pkg-vpx.cnn

That's not clarity, that's an empty brain.

11 Likes Save    
margievank

The left live in their world of truth, the Trump supporters live in our world of truth.

Save    
margievank

Trump is charming I hear;)

Save    
sunflower_petal(5a)

" margievank

The left live in their world of truth, the Trump supporters live in our world of truth"

Trump supporters live in their own world, alright.

11 Likes Save    
indygo

His speech last night was on in another room of my house so that I could hear the rhythm and tone of his remarks and the crowd cheering but couldn't understand the words. It sounded exactly like the Third Reich, and that was frightening. A demagogue is always a danger, but it's what the rhetoric brings out in a crowd that makes him so.

19 Likes Save    
Ziemia(6a)

I did hear "Lock Her Up," right?

6 Likes Save    
jama7(6)

Ah...the TWO worlds of truth explanation! One of my fav lines... "You're welcome to your opinion but not your own facts".

Still waiting for Trumpers to explain the lies captured by video and transcripts...many, many times.

9 Likes Save    
jama7(6)

indygo

His speech last night was on in another room of my house so that I could hear the rhythm and tone of his remarks and the crowd cheering but couldn't understand the words.

His "rhythm"...yes, I always notice that. Do you remember Higgins in My Fair Lady talking about Elizas father and his rhythmic pattern of speech where he mimics him? Wish I could find a clip. LOL...that's all I can think of!

1 Like Save    
jama7(6)

sunflower_petal(5a)

Trump supporters have much clarity?

Like this guy who says that Trump has never lied:

https://www.cnn.com/videos/politics/2019/06/18/trump-voters-campaign-kickoff-florida-ebof-lavandera-pkg-vpx.cnn

That's not clarity, that's an empty brain.

How about the idiot who says he loves him cuz "he's sarcastic, like me!" OH, we see YOU are a smart one!

The Villages...oh yes. We spent a week renting in The Villages in January as I have a friend in Ocala I wanted to visit and thought I'd check it out for future winter rentals. Thank gawd we missed these Trump golf cart celebrations although it was obvious this is TrumpLand. That said, they have a fair sized non Trump population with an active membership group. If I ever bought there I'd have to join ASAP to save my sanity!

Save    
jama7(6)

graywings123(7)

I have a feeling that when the Dems finally pick a candidate to run against him, Trump is not going to debate her/him. He has too much to lose.

Well, I'm going to miss the STALKING but nope, nope. He ain't going there.

You know, that is one of HRC's biggest regrets; that she didn't turn around and say "Get AWAY from me you creep!" or words to that effect. I think that would have won her the election. But as she said women, even powerful ones, have it sooo ingrained in us to keep the peace, not be troublemakers.

3 Likes Save    
barncatz

I didn't watch the rally or his interview with Stephanopoulis. DH watched the interview and said what struck him was Trump's charm. DH worked under a narcissist and my mom was over the top NPD. Narcissists do have charm that they employ, often very effectively. Not sure why I see Trump's shaming of Mulvaney's coughing, his head shaking and frowning because it took attention from his brilliant answer, as repellant and his supporters see and hear a totally different man.

1 Like Save    
dandyfopp

Cult.

FOAS nailed it.

7 Likes Save    
bleusblue2

margievank

What have the left candidates got to debate about graywings? What?

~~~~

Why do you ask?

topics include what the WH should be promoting now:

Infrastructure, health care, everything ...

5 Likes Save    
margievank

Trump supporters live in their own world, alright.

As Martha Stewart would say, "It's a beautiful thing"

Save    
margievank

What is to debate. The left can simply say we will go back to the 8 looooong years of Obama/Biden way of life;(

1 Like Save    
barncatz

Pretty sure Martha used the phrase "It's a good thing" but maybe in your world she exclaimed about beautiful things.

4 Likes Save    
chase_gw

Would love to see Trump and Warren go head to head on policy. Even when it comes to Immigration Trump has no defined policy.......nor do the Republicans...... nada,

5 Likes Save    
margievank

Pretty sure Martha used the phrase "It's a good thing" but maybe in your world she exclaimed about beautiful things.

LOL- you are right barncatz, Martha did say " It's a Good Thing"... I should have used a Trump line and said "That one is a real beauty" LOL

Save    
margievank

Save    
Embothrium(Sunset Climate Zone 5, USDA Hardiness Zone 8)

Hitler watched what Mussolini was doing and then carried on with his own version once he had the chance. These days our own "Mango Mussolini" has been said to be a devoted reader of Hitler's book. Yes, it is possible for even our own 200 year old democracy to be misdirected by people dedicated to the task - historically democracies are exceptions rather than the norm.

3 Likes Save    
woodnymph2_gw

No, he never really says anything of substance. His favorite expression these days regarding possibly unfriendly actions on the part of other nations seems to be "We'll see what happens with......" How can that possibly be comforting to his cult followers?

I've concluded his followers like him because he is pure entertainment and they don't have to think. All they have to do is fell the magic of MAGA. Bread and circuses redux....

16 Likes Save    
vgkg Z-7 Va(Z-7)

Hitler books are the only thing trump reads, they put him in his favorite "if only" place.

1 Like Save    
dandyfopp

I don't think Donnie has read a book in his life.

4 Likes Save    
vgkg Z-7 Va(Z-7)

I'd bet he has read Mein Kampf and has not read his own book The Art of the Deal.

3 Likes Save    
socks(10a)

I think he's terrible to debate because his responses are not that of a normal, mature, well-informed person. He steamrolls, lies, calls names, deflects, blathers, babbles, flaps his hands and even stalks....it's difficult to debate someone who does not reply intelligently. He acts this way because his comprehension of complex issues is lacking, so he does what he can and has always done: blusters, rants and raves spewing his word salads, whatever comes to his "mind."

12 Likes Save    
foodonastump

Saw this on Fox, at least they’re calling it what it is (as they bash msnbc or not covering it, and cnn for shutting it down.)

And the Orlando speech did turn out to be highly partisan, with the president ripping not just the media but the Mueller "witch hunt," "18 angry Democrats," "Crooked Hillary," and "radical" Democrats "driven by hatred, prejudice and rage." That's how he chose to frame his launch, with little about what he'd do in a second term.

7 Likes Save    
lurker111

Elizabeth Warren? Goes to show, the left and the Canadians love their crazy liars. Maybe she should bring her tomahawk and have a real powwow. :) Trump would destroy her. Bigly. :)

Save    
cecily 7A

Wow, lurker, that was really offensive.

8 Likes Save    
Jess(10)

When you don't want to listen, and have a closed mind, it will never be clear. Trump supporters have much clarity;)

Please, tell us what he is saying.

Clearly, what he says appeals to you, so if you could translate, we would be grateful.

Save    
jama7(6)

ma7

I Googled and found that article referenced above by Foodonastrump. Here's another excerpt this time some of it from the Wash Post showing Trump's dominance in the news, social media.

"Through the first five months of the year, Trump has received about three times as much Google search interest in the United States, on average, as all his Democratic rivals put together.

America First Action PAC senior adviser Sean Spicer discusses the impact the president live tweeting the debate could have.

"He has been having about 75 percent more social media interactions on Facebook, Twitter and Instagram than his rivals combined since February."

Of course he's more researched than anyone else! He's the POTUS but also no one enrages as much, blathers on as much, Tweets as much, and last but not least compels people to Google/fact check his constant lying with phrases C/Ped for the sake of discussions on the many, many forums such as HT, & FB, Twitter. Most of his Tweets are commented on by non Trumpers angry at his posting lies not likes. His dominance in bad press I will not dispute. Spicers claim that it is apparently measures some high level of positive "interaction"? LOL

1 Like Save    
dandyfopp

Had the internet been around for Adolf I am sure he too would have attracted lots of internet clicks and searches.

Put a lunatic in the WH and the world will watch wary, as they should.

12 Likes Save    
lurker111

The left needs to learn how to use the internet instead of trying to shut it down. "Those internet videos!!!" Use it or lose it.

Save    
mrskjun(9)

You know you've lost the argument when you have descended so low as to call our president Hitler and his supporters Nazi's. Calling us racists, deplorable, irredeemable, and a plethora of other nasties has been eye opening. But I think the left may have just reached the bottom of that barrel.

2 Likes Save    
vgkg Z-7 Va(Z-7)

Funny, I got the impression trumpsters wore those labels with pride? Beats being called commies, baby killers, unpatriotic, etc.

Trump = Hitler? Nah, more like mussolini.

3 Likes Save    
lurker111

So, the left is campaigning on personal insults, again. Good thing. :)

Save    
chase_gw

"So, the left is campaigning on personal insults, again"

Now they is funny......guessed you missed Trump's " reelection" rally. Seems that all he's got for 2020

3 Likes Save    
Annie Deighnaugh

FOAS's post seems to have disappeared...if someone could at least repost the link to the article?

If the article is old, then don't forget that that was before facebook and twitter were actively deleting fake accounts and russian bots...

Save    
dublinbay z6 (KS)

I was just thinking (about the time lurker's last comment popped up) that he indulges in more insults than just about any other HT poster in recent times.

Kate

11 Likes Save    
socks(10a)

His recent reply to a question: "You'll see."

Translation: "I haven't a clue because I cannot understand half of what I'm told."

5 Likes Save    
dirtygert(5-NY)

Kate: "I was just thinking (about the time lurker's last comment popped up) that he indulges in more insults than just about any other HT poster in recent times." Agreed. Too bad lurker wasn't just a lurker. (And, because those who cast the most aspersions here seem to have the thinnest skin, I call this post to disappear in 3, 2, 1 .....)

Save    
dandyfopp

Really have to stop wasting time wondering what Donnie fans hear when Donnie speaks. It is whatever they want to hear, you can't be rational with people who live in their own reality.

8 Likes Save    
Joaniepoanie

It speaks volumes about Trump supporters that they don't demand more from him and cheer nothing. His rally was deja vu all over again. No real policy talk....just another evening of insults, fear mongering, Hillary and lock her up. There is no "there there" from Trump, or his supporters. A very sad and disheartening spectacle.

7 Likes Save    
Uptown Gal

The Fat Moron says what he has been fed. Do you honestly believe that he

writes and understands these sing-song speeches? Good grief...he has

trouble just reading them. That's why he likes to repeat the speeches

everywhere he goes...some of it stuck in his head from the first time. He

re-gave his 2016 speech....and didn't know enough to take the slam against

Hilary out. Sigh....she's not running against you this time, fatso! Looks like

his "keepers" weren't paying much attention. But, how can you blame them..

they know that they may be "here today...gone tomorrow". What a shame

on America.

4 Likes Save    
tony jelly

There is a meme going around that explains it, you know the one that goes something like 2020 will make Dems cry again?

If we assume that his supporters do so because they want to piss off who they are told is to blame for the mess his 'speeches' make sense. How many things has he done just to reverse something Obama did, now that pisses me off and I am not a Democrat. He has messed up the ACA, created a real mess over Iran, put us back decades on global warming, and empowered Kim Jung un, all because Obama was making progress there. Plus, as bad as Obama's record on drones was Trump is doing worse, the southern border is another example. This guy is a loose cannon so be careful of collateral damage.

5 Likes Save    
woodnymph2_gw

Agree with Tony. Everything progressive that Obama tried to do for Americans that would make our lives better Trump has reversed. That has been his agenda from Day 1. How long will it take to undo Trumpian damage to this nation?

2 Likes Save    
gyr_falcon(Sunset 23)

The press seems to be ramping up coverage of whatever trump babbles. I really do not need to know any of it beyond those that mess with my rights, freedoms and personal safety or those that I care about. Did the press learn nothing last time about publicizing the inane stuff with replay after replay?

2 Likes Save    
jama7(6)

No, the press didn't learn, none of them. Plus most are probably under orders from the top telling them what to cover. CEO's probably want Trump in again...he's a ratings magnet...or so they think. I rarely watch the news now primarily because of HIS mug and voice on there 90% of the time. I also know many others who don't. If it's not a video, it's a still of his face taking up the background while they report....like we don't know what he looks like.

4 Likes Save    
HU9999

To Trump supporters, there are different worlds of truth.

That explains everything.

1 Like Save    
tony jelly

The media as it is now only exists because of its advertising revenue, so the game is to give people what they want between the commercials. What people want, apparently is entertainment, not boring news. Then, unsurprisingly we get a president who is a master of the game who plays with Iran and North Korea like he gets to decide who is to live and who gets fired.

As if this were a sequel to the Hunger Games, he asks how many will die, that's it, just the number, and we breathe again because 150 is not enough/too many, who knows?

4 Likes Save    
Delilah66

“Well, he's not going to divulge military strategy.”

Ha! As if he could remember it. Howdy Doody.

2 Likes Save    
Embothrium(Sunset Climate Zone 5, USDA Hardiness Zone 8)

On NPR today they were talking about Trump in regard to the present day Iranian situation and pointing out that if you scrutinize his history of bluster at various times in the past he's never actually followed through on any of it.

Of course not, this is the Art of the Deal guy who only says what he thinks will make him look good at the moment, to his target audience. The narcissist who is constantly working on having himself feel puffed up: big talk = big man.

2 Likes Save    

Related Stories

Data Watch How Much Does a Remodel Cost, and How Long Does It Take?
The 2016 Houzz & Home survey asked 120,000 Houzzers about their renovation projects. Here’s what they said
Full Story
Upholstery Bulletproof Decorating: Upholstery That Stands Up to Anything
Kids and pets are no match for fabrics as durable as these, which meet higher style standards than ever
Full Story
Life 10 Truly Irritating Things Your Partner Does in the Kitchen
Dirty dishes, food scraps in the sink — will the madness ever stop?
Full Story
Fun Houzz Houzz Call: Does Your Home Have a Hidden Message?
If you have ever left or found a message during a construction project, we want to see it!
Full Story
Data Watch Houzz Survey Results: Remodeling Likely to Trump Selling in 2014
Most homeowners say they’re staying put for now, and investing in features to help them live better and love their homes more
Full Story
Most Popular Guessing Game: What Might Our Living Rooms Say About Us?
Take a shot on your own or go straight to just-for-fun speculations about whose homes these could be
Full Story
My Houzz The Most Incredible Kids' Tree House You'll Ever See?
Duck your head to enter this unforgettable Dallas wonderwork, lovingly crafted with imaginative delights
Full Story
Life Beautiful Clutter? These 13 Rooms Say Go for It
No need to haul cartons to Goodwill for a picture-perfect room. You can have a well-decorated home and all your stuff too
Full Story
Budgeting Your Project Bathroom Workbook: How Much Does a Bathroom Remodel Cost?
Learn what features to expect for $3,000 to $100,000-plus, to help you plan your bathroom remodel
Full Story