SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
oneillseanm

Help with a yellowing monstera

Sean O'Neill, Architect
4 years ago
last modified: 4 years ago

Hello hello,

This forum has been a huge resource for me for some time now. I've always just been a lurker, but I'm wondering if I might be able to ask for some help.

My monstera is feeling under the weather lately, rather depressed. Its leaves are yellowing. At any given time, 2-3 leaves are yellow or on their way to it. I've clipped a total of about 5 leaves that have gone full, dark yellow. Until a few months ago, the plant was loving life, with new leaves shooting up regularly. No new growth lately, though. And the leaves still haven't split.

If anyone has any recommendations, I would be so grateful. Thanks for reading!

Conditions:

- Repotted into a 12" tall, 12" diameter pot with one drainage hole about 1 year ago.

- Yellowing started about 4 months ago when I moved to a new apartment. Light level is slightly lower here. With an iPhone light meter app I measure 25-30 foot candles during the day.

- Medium is amateur 5-1-1 mix with "orchid bark", peat, and perlite.

- I watered roughly every four days, when the medium started to feel dry. Since the yellowing started I've tried watering less, roughly once per week, thinking overwatering might be the problem.

- I fertilize with Dr. Earth 5-5-5 Life sprinkle- on fertilizer once a month or so.

Comments (3)

Sponsored
EK Interior Design
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars5 Reviews
TIMELESS INTERIOR DESIGN FOR ENDLESS MEMORIES