SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
webuser_379726165

Milgard Ultra/Marvin Infinity/Starmark Evo (Okna 7500)/VistaMark

HU-379726165
4 years ago

We'd like to replace 7-8 windows on the 3rd floor. The current windows are wood; per the HOA, the new windows must match the style of the current ones. We have gotten 4 quotes, and we would appreciate any advice or suggestions you have regarding the specific windows that the different companies recommended. Any other advice also much appreciated!

#1 - Milgard Ultra - $11k - Installation Masters Certified Installers

#2 - Marvin Infinity - $15k - Installation Masters Certified Installers

#3 - Starmark Evo (= Okna 7500) - $11k - Not Certified by AWDI nor Installation Masters

#4 - VistaMark (Vinyl Windows w/Exterior Grid) - $6k - AWDI Certified Dealer

Thanks so much!

Comments (2)

• PRO
    Windows on Washington Ltd
    4 years ago

Can't add much that I didn't say before. I pinged Oberon for you and hopefully he will pop in.

HU-379726165 thanked Windows on Washington Ltd
  • PRO
    HomeSealed Exteriors, LLC
    4 years ago

The Starmark should be the pretty clear winner as performance goes both thermally and structurally once you have all of those numbers aggregated. The Infinity is a nice, well built unit, as well, just not in the same space efficiency wise, although there could be other options that could point that direction for you like a stainable or other color painted interior.

Not familiar with Vistamark.

Milgard is decent, it fares well against the many less than stellar units offered on the West coast. Not quite as well IMO when going against some of the cold-weather-born unit in the East and Midwest.

As far as the certifications, as mentioned on the other site they are nice to have, but I wouldn't get hung up on them. Installation Masters specifically is more weighted toward new construction installation. In remodeling work, there are so many different circumstances to deal with that experience is what makes the biggest difference. The history, general reputation (reviews etc), association with a quality manufacturer/product on a direct basis should all give a good indication of the quality to expect.

HU-379726165 thanked HomeSealed Exteriors, LLC