Back from the rally

Annie Deighnaugh

...it was a small one, only about 40 of us.

Across the street there were 8 trumpers with a bullhorn and they spent the whole time shouting very mean things at us. I kept telling everyone to ignore them and not feed the trolls. But they shouted insulting things at us for the whole protest. One was wearing an American flag like a cape...so much for respecting the flag. I know the trumplicans here like to point out all the hate on the left, but truly my experience has been exactly the opposite.

We got a lot more support than they did and had a good time clapping and cheering as people honked their horns and waved.

SaveComment96Like12
Comments (96)
Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
mrskjun(9)

So you are protesting a duly elected president. Glad to know there is no hate there.

3 Likes Save    
maifleur01

Every president since Washington has been protested against so get over the idea that your special one is special.

26 Likes Save    
elvis

What were you protesting, and how were you demonstrating, i.e., what did your signs say, and were you verbalizing anything? Do you have video to share?

3 Likes Save    
Joaniepoanie

mrskjun(9)

9 minutes ago

So you are protesting a duly elected president.

————

The “duly elected” part is questionable.

17 Likes Save    
Annie Deighnaugh

No video, no pics. One person had a sign that said: Impeach, Indict, Imprison.

Another had a sign about democracy doesn't separate families.

Another had a sign that said "Beep to Impeach" which got a lot of horns honking.

Someone had their dog wearing a sandwich board that said "Dump Trump".

I used an old sign I had. One side said "trump is not above the law" the other said:

16 Likes Save    
Annie Deighnaugh

mrskjun, it is absolutely within our right to protest the president. It's called the 1st amendment. The process to excise a duly elected president who has proven himself unfit for office has been part of our Constitution since the beginning.

And it's not due to hate....but due to love of country. America deserves better.

27 Likes Save    
catticusmockingbird

mrskjun(9)

So you are protesting a duly elected president. Glad to know there is no hate there.

If you'd take off the blinders you'd realize it has nothing to do with hate.

11 Likes Save    
elvis

Guess you should have written "dislike", Mrs.

Thanks for the info, annie. It sounds like all involved exercised their First Amendment guarantee.

Save    
Prim Rose

When you gut reaction is to try to shut down a peaceful protest, don't you wonder if you really like living in a democracy?

11 Likes Save    
F.M.

Oh, and the republican voter suppression is a big part of the GOP unAmerican behavior.

6 Likes Save    
numbersjunkie

"So you are protesting a duly elected president. Glad to know there is no hate there."

Are you sure he won fair and square? I'm not sure at all. He did not win the popular vote. Go ahead and post those polls again that showed Hillary winning by double digits. Could be that low democratic turnout was a factor, but the margins he had in the key states that mattered were minuscule. Are you SURE all that Russian interference did not have any impact?

If I were you, I'd get off that high horse.

PS, I was not a huge Hillary fan, but Trump? He was my worst nightmare. Anyone who watched the Apprentice should have known he was a fake. And now he's proving it!

10 Likes Save    
socks(10a)

I have no doubt that Russian interference through Facebook pushed votes his way.

10 Likes Save    
kaych

Annie Deighnaugh

Across the street there were 8 trumpers with a bullhorn and they spent the whole time shouting very mean things at us. I kept telling everyone to ignore them and not feed the trolls. But they shouted insulting things at us for the whole protest.

What exactly were the Trump supporters saying?

Stop trying to disenfranchise millions of American's votes?

I think things that were on your signs were very insulting & mean too, but am glad people expressed their freedom to protest peacefully

4 Likes Save    
numbersjunkie

Good one!

10 Likes Save    
Prim Rose

If you support trump in all his meanness and the very insulting things he says and tweets - it's just amusing that you don't like that in a Democrat.

Comes back to - you can't talk out of both sides of your mouth.

8 Likes Save    
Annie Deighnaugh

What exactly were the Trump supporters saying?

They were calling us losers, haters, idiots, snowflakes, that we were delusional...the usual rw garbage and they were so delighted with themselves for all of it...enjoying their role as bullies as only bullies can.

1 Like Save    
Tilly Teabag

It might be more useful if the protests were held closer to the elections.

Save    
judeNY_gw

Annie D, thank you for your action.

I wonder what all these critics have ever done.

10 Likes Save    
Carro

I wonder what all these critics have ever done.

Done? How about what we haven't done?

Spent hours, days, weeks, months and years hating a duly-elected President. Frittering away our lives "protesting" because because you're so full of RAGE that you can't even begin to relate to normal any longer. We're not sacrificing our lives and precious time seeking to commiserate in our self-imposed desperation.

I actually hope that many of Trump's haters have friends and family who can stage interventions and get them the help they need.

4 Likes Save    
ubro(2a)

^^^^ there seems to me to be some disconnect here. If, let''s say, a leader like KJU were to get elected would you call all the Americans who opposed him "haters", or would you expect them to get off their duffs and do something useful like speak out and protest. IMO that is how the left sees Trump, as someone who is harmful to not only the US but the World. I for one applaud them, somehow they make me feel a little safer.

8 Likes Save    
Carro

Again, anyone suffering from such delusions as to conflate a murderous dictator with a duly-elected American President is in serious need of assistance.

And useful? That's baffling. Utterly baffling.

It's 2019 and I really feel sorry for people who've never managed to cope with the 2016 election and whose lives have been consumed with hate, anxiety, anger and obsession.

It's just not healthy.

I really wish those people get the help they need. It's just sad to read.

If you find yourself spending your Saturday walking around in circles "protesting" a President who's not broken ANY laws and who has delivered the best economy in decades, I think it's time for a media diet.

Turn off the electronics and tune out the media. Don't look at social media. Don't commiserate and find another outlet which directs you away from all things Trump and politics.

Do something to stop the downward spiral!

4 Likes Save    
numbersjunkie

"a President who's not broken ANY laws"

who would that be?

7 Likes Save    
Annie Deighnaugh

I don't consider standing up for our country and exercising constitutionally guaranteed rights "frittering away my time". IAC, it's my time to "fritter" as I see fit. That's what freedom is all about.

I really feel sorry for people who've never managed to cope and whose lives have been consumes [sic] with hate, anxiety, anger and obsession.

I do too. I saw those trumplicans spending their time bullying, yelling and calling us names, so obsessed with the left and the past that they were shouting "bill clinton is a rapist", still obsessing 25 years later. So sad. Meanwhile they've devoted their energy to idolizing a con man who has or will break every promise he made to them....when they realize they've been lied to, then they'll really have something to be angry about.

14 Likes Save    
ubro(2a)

Again, anyone suffering from such delusions as to conflate a murderous dictator with a duly-elected American President is in serious need of assistance.

Oh I don't think they are the same, I think the people opposing the president (duly- elected does not elevate him to a position of no accountability) see that he is harmful to both the US and the World and I used KJU to make a point. Scorning the left for protesting and speaking out, belittling them for their aim in making sure the US still is a country of laws that apply to all, shows a lack of understanding on how they perceive the presidency

8 Likes Save    
Chi

"It's 2019 and I really feel sorry for people who've never managed to cope with the 2016 election and whose lives have been consumed with hate, anxiety, anger and obsession."

Don't worry, we are coping. We are coping by doing everything we can to get this idiot out of office next year. I have helped many young friends register to vote for the very first time, and I'm hopeful that booting Trump out will help reunite the country that he has torn apart.

9 Likes Save    
elvis

If, let''s say, a leader like KJU were to get elected would you call all the Americans who opposed him "haters", or would you expect them to get off their duffs and do something useful like speak out and protest. IMO that is how the left sees Trump...

Yikes. There are no words. Enough of this thread!

2 Likes Save    
numbersjunkie

Elvis, too much truth for you to handle?

4 Likes Save    
Ziemia(6a)

"President who's not broken ANY laws and who has delivered the best economy in decades, ..."

There are signs the former isn't true and it certainly isn't true for many of his advisors. As for the latter - while the economy is doing well - it is also one where highly atypically the deficit is clearly growing at a good clip.

4 Likes Save    
Tilly Teabag

judeNY_gw

“Annie D, thank you for your action.

I wonder what all these critics have ever done.”

I volunteer for my party at election times.

2 Likes Save    
heri _ cles

If we cant indict that son of a beetch, we must impeach.

4 Likes Save    
catkinZ8a

Any video proof of Trump supporters yelling at you today?

Didn't think so.

Save    
judeNY_gw

They are so incensed by legally protected protest. Clearly they don't understand democracy.

1 Like Save    
catkinZ8a

Wrong. We all support peaceful protests.

Accusing without proof is the problem.

1 Like Save    
Annie Deighnaugh

catkin...Accusing without proof is the problem.

So stop accusing me of lying. You weren't there, I was. I am telling the truth of the event.

6 Likes Save    
adoptedbyhounds

"We got a lot more support than they did and had a good time clapping and cheering as people honked their horns and waved."

What were you supporting?

Save    
Annie Deighnaugh

abh...supra

Save    
mrskjun(9)

I protest. I show up at the voting booth every election. I accept the outcome of the election even if my chosen candidate doesn't win. I certainly disliked Obama's policies, but impeachment never crossed my mind, even after Benghazi, Fast & Furious, where people died. Or the IRS being weaponized, or journalists being spied on.. There will always be another election.

2 Likes Save    
adoptedbyhounds

"We got a lot more support than they did and had a good time clapping and cheering as people honked their horns and waved."

"abh...supra"

This is your OP, Annie. You don't articulate for us what you got "more support" for.

Glad you had a good time.

Save    
F.M.

Thank You Annie, for taking action to save America.

We can't change the mind of the few who still support Trump, no matter that it's proven that Trump is a foreign agent undermining our constitution. We must keep our voices loud.

3 Likes Save     Thanked by Annie Deighnaugh
Annie Deighnaugh

*Nothing* obama did rose to the level of scandal, corruption or incompetence that the trump administration has.

trump has broken all records on lying to the American people, vacancies and turnover in the executive branch, gutting the state dept and deterioring US standing in the world. He has broken records on deficits and days vacationing. He has put US policy up for sale based on who stays at his hotels or lends money to his businesses or his family's, and who is willing to give him dirt on his political opponents. He has sided with a hostile foreign nation *every time* over the best interests of the nation and his own intelligence and military officers. He has abused the power of his office, violated multiple amendments to the Constitution and the emoluments clause and is an unindicted co-conspirator in a felony. He has demonstrated no respect for the checks and balances our government requires by ordering anyone associated with the WH to defy subpoenas and he's defied court orders. And he is turning the justice dept into his own personal police force rather than one that defends the laws of the nation and the Constitution. He has refused to defend the heart of our democracy -- our elections -- against the ongoing attacks from a hostile foreign nation.

trump represents an existential threat to our nation's sovereignty and our very form of government.

There will always be another election.

Yes, there will be another election...even putin has those. The question is will America ever have another free and fair election? Not if trump can help it.

So yeah...there's a reason why so few demonstrated against obama, and so many millions around the world have demonstrated against trump.

14 Likes Save    
Annie Deighnaugh

Here, abh, let me get my spoon:

From above:

One person had a sign that said: Impeach, Indict, Imprison.

Another had a sign about democracy doesn't separate families.

Another had a sign that said "Beep to Impeach" which got a lot of horns honking.

Someone had their dog wearing a sandwich board that said "Dump Trump".

I used an old sign I had. One side said "trump is not above the law" the other said:

I just don't know how to answer your question more clearly.

4 Likes Save    
mrskjun(9)

Nah Annie, the song and dance hasn't changed since Nov. 2016. Trump won, Hillary lost and the left have worked themselves into a frenzy over it. It's like a toddler that throws a tantrum and can't find his off switch.

Save    
Annie Deighnaugh

Nah, mrskjun, the song and dance haven't changed since before Nov 2016 because trump has proven to be as damaging to our nation as we feared...only more so.

9 Likes Save    
adoptedbyhounds

"Here, abh, let me get my spoon"

Thank you for your clarification, Annie. It's helpful to readers when they can learn from the OP what a rally is in support of, or in opposition to. No spoon needed when essential information is included with the introduction.

"And it's not due to hate....but due to love of country."

Good point. And let's remember it's a two-way street.

President Trump was elected by Americans who love their country and their families every bit as much as you love yours. The growing evidence of an attempted coup against President Trump, involving IC and foreign participants is being investigated as we speak. Believe what makes sense to you, and I will do the same. More information is on the way.

3 Likes Save    
lurker111

Where was this so called rally? :) lol

1 Like Save    
Annie Deighnaugh

abh, please stop shouting at me.

It's my op and I'll put in it what I want...not my fault you chose not to read my posts...even after I direct you to where you can find the answer to your own question. Sheesh! It's only a post...not like asking someone to read the Mueller report...

4 Likes Save    
Annie Deighnaugh

Rallies, lurker, rallies...all over the country.

6 Likes Save    
Ziemia(6a)

I vote.

I write letters, emails, and visit offices of electeds. I attend hearings.

I attend rallies (many protests are in the form of a rally - some with speeches). Some are marches.

If you thought Obama should have been impeached - well not enough felt that way to make a big noise. They did gather to convince McConnell to keep doing nothing but block.

And they attended Trump Rallies. And Anti-Hillary rallies.

(Not bragging as many do way more than I do. Just setting the context. Asking "what do you do" seems to have hit 'a nerve.' Voting is great. So is also joining with others to send a message to electeds.)

1 Like Save    
Rina

Still bemused at the idea one shouldn't protest a "duly elected president". In what tin-pot country would that be?

14 Likes Save    
catticusmockingbird

It's 2019 and I really feel sorry for people who've never managed to cope with the 2016 election and whose lives have been consumed with hate, anxiety, anger and obsession.

It's just not healthy.

----------------------------------------------

Nah Annie, the song and dance hasn't changed since Nov. 2016. Trump won, Hillary lost and the left have worked themselves into a frenzy over it. It's like a toddler that throws a tantrum and can't find his off switch.

----------------------------------------

Just 2 examples. You see it here every day from those on the Right. The true obsession is staring back at you in your mirror. And you're right, it's just not healthy.

2 Likes Save    
Ziemia(6a)

And they seem to have forgotten about the Tea Party activism.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tea_Party_protests?wprov=sfla1

On September 12, 2009, Tea Party protests were held in various cities around the nation. In Washington, D.C., Tea Party protests gathered to march from Freedom Plaza to the United States Capitol. Estimates of the number of attendees varied, from "tens of thousands" to "in excess of 75,000". A rally organizer asserted that one local ABC News station had reported attendance of over one million, but he retracted the statement after ABC News denied making any such report.

Using the counts of those in attendance, the march may have been the largest conservative protest ever held in Washington, D.C

1 Like Save    
Ziemia(6a)

Looky here!

They like Alinsky!

Some Tea Party organizers have stated that they look to leftist Saul Alinsky's Rules for Radicals for inspiration. Protesters have also appropriated left-wing imagery; the logo for the March 9/12 on Washington featured a raised fist design that was intended to resemble those used by the pro-labor, anti-war, and black power movements of the 1960s. In addition, the slogan "Keep Your Laws Off My Body", usually associated with pro-choice activists, has been seen on signs at tea parties

(Same link)

Conservative author William F. Buckley Jr. said in 1966 that Alinsky was "very close to being an organizational genius".

Save    
Ziemia(6a)

No wonder Trump Supporters keep mentioning Alinsky's rules:

"Rules for Conservative Radicals: Lessons from Saul Alinsky, the Tea Party Movement, and the Apostle Paul in the Age of Collaborative Technologies"

It's a book

2 Likes Save    
cattyles

Here’s some nice rightists protest signs:

Save    
cattyles

Who was saying we shouldn’t protest a duly-elected pres? Attacking the protests against trump is ridiculous.

1 Like Save    
bleusblue2

Carro

~~~~

conflate Trump with Kim Jong-un? How much distance is between Kim Jong-un and Donald Trump? Trump loves him.

2 Likes Save    
bleusblue2

Regarding the Trump cult's claims that those who oppose Trump are haters who can't accept him as their "duly elected president."

I don't want to divert this thread but I have to tell you something about my point of view before the election. There is a lot of talk here about how Trump supports our "enemies" -- enemies like Russia. My view of Russia is not so simple. I think US and the West made a lot of mistakes when Communism fell. Russia was left to scramble when some support from our side could have made a difference. I saw Trump's willingness to draw closer to an "enemy" as positive aspect of the man. I thought I might see some clever realignment, something outside the box. Call me naive. Yes I was -- but I wasn't looking forward to despising Trump -- I thought there might be some good outcomes.

There was no good outcome. It's disastrous and Trump is a disaster. I only bother to write this down for the cult members who simply can't believe that it isn't "all about Hillary", "all about losing and not accepting it", not supporting the "duly elected president."

No, it's all about waking up and seeing things as they are because Trump has shown himself for who he is in words, tweets and the company he keeps and who he fires.

I don't think I'm the only one out here who was ready to believe that the President of the United States would rise to the office.

edited for grammar

12 Likes Save    
catticusmockingbird

Unfortunately, they latched onto the "Hillary lost" refrain like it's some sort of lifeline. It prevents them from taking a good look at who and what Trump is.

9 Likes Save    
studio10001

45 has broken the law on any number of occasions - his lawyers have been busy losing cases to the American people in the Supreme Court since he started.

There is no better expenditure of time as a patriot than defense of the constitution. As a patriot, Carro, I am sure you will agree.

1 Like Save    
judeNY_gw

I don't see them latching on to "Hillary lost" like it's a lifeline. I see the reverse.

I see them creating "Hillary lost" as an excuse for their choice to ignore who trump is.

6 Likes Save    
Carro

Was there a Handmaid's Tale rally today to protest "toxic masculinity" on Father's Day?

So offensively patriarchal!

Save    
barncatz

It's not fair, in my opinion, to call Trump supporters stupid. After Mueller's statement and Trump's interview statements to Stephenopoilis, "delusional" fits, though.

As of Wednesday, [5/30] more than 1,000 former federal prosecutors had signed a statement explaining that, in their professional judgment and based on the facts described in special counsel Robert S. Mueller III’s report, President Trump would have been criminally charged with obstruction of justice if he were not the president.

This public outcry from such a large group of prosecutors — who have served under Republican and Democratic presidents — is unprecedented and indicative of overwhelming expert agreement on the evidence and law supporting charges against Trump.

https://www.latimes.com/opinion/op-ed/la-oe-berwick-parker-trump-mueller-obstruction-justice-20190530-story.html

5 Likes Save    
cattyles

What if there was a Handmaid’s Tale rally somewhere on Father’s Day? Defend trump against those 1000 federal former prosecutors, Dem and Repub, instead of deflecting and distracting. The only reason to demean people exercising their patriotic right to protest is because you can’t defend trump.

5 Likes Save    
Tilly Teabag

It would be mean spirited to hold any protests against men on Father’s Day. There are many good fathers in the world.

Save    
Ziemia(6a)

There many good fathers in the world. They know there are bad fathers. They know there are men dangerous to their children - perhaps particularly so for their daughters.

It would be mean spirited to call out the bad fathers and dangerous men?

Save    
catkinZ8a

Reeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee!
If the shoe fits.

1 Like Save    
Tilly Teabag

Yes it would be mean spirited on father’s day. Let the Dads have their day.

Save    
Annie Deighnaugh

Welcome to the light, bleusblue2...lots of room for more!

Save    
mrskjun(9)

I think you are one of very few bleusblue2. If you remember, half of congress did not even show up for the "peaceful transition of power", pink puddy hats took to the streets, speeches of he's not my president, I could blow up the White House were taking place. So no, it was all about Hillary's loss, it was all about never giving the elected president a chance. And since then it is all about opposing him and anyone who supported him. I wonder if we can ever have a peaceful transition of power again.

Save    
Annie Deighnaugh

There was nothing "nonpeaceful" about obama's leaving office. Yes there were protests about *trump* as he took power as is the right of the American people.

A "nonpeaceful" transition to power would look like this:

Not:

8 Likes Save    
sunflower_petal(5a)

" half of congress did not even show up for the "peaceful transition of power", "

The swearing in ceremony of the president is not the only transition of power. There are many activities associated with the transition of power.

And since when is 'dozens of Democrats' equal to 'half of congress'?

https://www.cnn.com/2017/01/14/politics/democrats-boycotting-donald-trump-inauguration/index.html

I also had a small hope that Trump would get some things done (particularly infrastructure improvements) but he quickly started smashing things instead of getting things done.

5 Likes Save    
margaux

Did we ever before have a candidate who mocked the disabled, mocked a war hero, insulted a Gold Star family, insulted Mexicans and Muslims, including a Mexican American judge, encouraged violence at his rallies, claimed the election was rigged and that his voters should not accept the results if he lost, and to top it all off, bragged on tape that his wealth and fame entitled him to sexually assault women? And then when that candidate goes on to win the presidency, we who feel he has clearly demonstrated his unfitness for office are just supposed to accept it and throw our full support behind him? And when we don't, you mock us by calling us poor losers, snowflakes, violent, and unAmerican?

Trump was given a chance after his inauguration to show that he could govern for all Americans. Instead, he appointed to his Cabinet extremists, incompetents, and bootlickers. He installed Jared and Ivanka as his top advisors. His first act was to unconstitutionally ban all Muslims from entering the US. He sent Spicey out to lie about his inauguration crowds, and now we're at what, 10,000 lies? He spent about a third of his first year in office golfing at Mar a Lago, costing taxpayers what was it, $70 million?

Give the poor guy a chance, you say?

15 Likes Save    
Annie Deighnaugh

...it was all about never giving the elected president a chance...

What chance? He took the reins, was completely unprepared as evidenced by the record number of vacancies in his administration, and the first things he did was to start signing executive orders undoing what he could of obama's administration. He filled the supreme court vacancy that was rightly obama's to fill to swing the court in his direction. Moreover he had 2 full years of his party's control of the house and the senate yet only managed to pass one major piece of legislation...his budget busting tax cut.

Even with taking the reins it turns out his lying and corruption was evident from the get go...from mike flynn chatting it up with the russians at the inauguration, to trump saying it didn't rain on him and his crowds were the biggest ever, to using his inauguration fund as a way to funnel money which is now under investigation by federal prosecutors.

trump is *not* a victim here. He is the president. He is in charge. He is responsible for his actions. It's on him.

13 Likes Save    
bleusblue2

mrskjun(9)

I think you are one of very few bleusblue2. If you remember, half of congress did not even show up for the "peaceful transition of power", pink puddy hats took to the streets, speeches of he's not my president, I could blow up the White House were taking place. So no, it was all about Hillary's loss, it was all about never giving the elected president a chance. And since then it is all about opposing him and anyone who supported him. I wonder if we can ever have a peaceful transition of power again.

~~~~

I tried but I don't understand the first sentence:

I think you are one of very few bleusblue2.

Few what?

For the rest of your comment, I disagree. He was elected, he had a favourable congress and the mountain he had to climb was no higher than any other elected president. This man is not someone to admire. I have no kind words for Hillary, yet sad to say -- VERY sad to say, she was slightly the lesser of two evils. What a miserable choice Americans had in the last election. No it isn't about Hillary's loss. He had the same chance as any newly elected president and he blew it with his divisive choices and actions, his inability to govern.

5 Likes Save    
Rina

Mrsk, and anyone else who agrees with her, I recommend reading part (at least) of Margaux's comment again:

Did we ever before have a candidate who mocked the disabled, mocked a war hero, insulted a Gold Star family, insulted Mexicans and Muslims, including a Mexican American judge, encouraged violence at his rallies, claimed the election was rigged and that his voters should not accept the results if he lost, and to top it all off, bragged on tape that his wealth and fame entitled him to sexually assault women?

And you think that passionate objections to such a person being inaugurated as the President of the United States was all about someone else? How does Hillary even feature in that roll-call of awfulness?

7 Likes Save    
bleusblue2

Annie Deighnaugh

Welcome to the light, bleusblue2...lots of room for more!

~~~

thanks Annie -- I was never a Trump supporter, you know. I just wanted to believe he might find it in himself to do the job, "rise to the office" as Harry Truman said and as I once believed was possible.

1 Like Save    
mrskjun(9)

Right, Hillary and her minions only mocked those that voted for Trump. Racist, deplorable, low iq, smelly Walmart shoppers, misogynists, etc. etc. etc.

bleu, one of the very few on the left who say they willing to give Trump a chance. I'm also one of those. Seems we had different outcomes.

1 Like Save    
sunflower_petal(5a)

I also had a small hope that Trump would get some things done (particularly infrastructure improvements) but he quickly started smashing things instead of getting things done.

2 Likes Save    
cattyles

Mrskjun, surely you aren’t saying name calling is one sided? It’s not. Did you see the signs I posted above by the Obama protesters, or are they gone?

Maybe this is a good place for it to stop.

Save    
Annie Deighnaugh

Name calling? Yeah it's all on the left. It's not like anyone on the right ever called hillary a feminazi or anything....

....oh wait...

3 Likes Save    
bleusblue2

mrskjun(9)

Right, Hillary and her minions only mocked those that voted for Trump. Racist, deplorable, low iq, smelly Walmart shoppers, misogynists, etc. etc. etc.

bleu, one of the very few on the left who say they willing to give Trump a chance. I'm also one of those. Seems we had different outcomes.

~~~~

Mrs k -- I am not that rare a bird. My immediate family is divided. Some started out with a positive attitude toward Trump but as the campaign progressed and his disgusting behaviour and comments were repeated day after day, they dropped out. They could not support such a low character in that high office. A couple stayed loyal to Trump no matter how he behaved. EVEN THEN, those who could not bear his behaviour were like me -- wait and see. Well we've seen enough.

In every hard fought election there are those who will never support the winner -- but nobody ever wanted a president who only answers to his base, and who publicly denigrates the branches of government. In his mind he is only President to those who voted for him and he's playing it.

5 Likes Save    
roxanna7

^^^^ Exactly, Annie.

Save    
nancy_in_venice_ca Sunset 24 z10

I had no illusions that Trump was fit for the duties of POTUS, or that his character had changed from that of failed businessman and fraudster.

A few hours spent reading his history of business dealings, bankruptcies, lawsuits against him would be enough to dissuade most from trusting this man.

As long as I live, I’ll never understand how the lawsuits exposing the scam of Trump University were not the end of it.

Or the Access Hollywood tape.

7 Likes Save    
cattyles

Trump University does get lost in the chaos. But it shouldn’t. The POTUS cheated people that were trying to better themselves out of hard earned money.

5 Likes Save    
ubro(2a)

Hillary is NOT POTUS! Mocked is past tense, Trump is currently mocking, present tense.

2 Likes Save    
Rina

So Hillary and her minions mocked those that voted for Trump. And Trump and his minions mocked those who voted against him. Yawn.* Did your little bitty feelings get hurt?

And that tells you that seeing that spectacularly inferior human being elevated to the highest office in the land upset people .... because Hillary lost? Where is the logic?

*(Adds: but only Trump mocked a disabled reporter, and only Trump derided the parents of an American soldier who gave his life for the country. That takes class, baby.)

5 Likes Save    
Ziemia(6a)

Kjun says Hillary mocked Trump Supporters - and seems to think that made Hillary a failure of a candidate.

Does any Trump Supporter not see the 18+ months of mocking by Trump of those who disagree with him?

How can it be unacceptable for Hillary and acceptable for Trump?

Holding a president to a lower standard than a candidate?

1 Like Save    
cattyles

It’s just an excuse. Don’t forget that mug for Liberal Tears.

Save    
Ziemia(6a)

They no longer get under my skin but have to admit they used to confuse me. The attempt to use logic while being illogical - now I know that's their style. (My children started challenging about the times I fell into being inconsistent with them - so I got better about it at examining 'reasons why'.)

Save    
catkinZ8a

Save    
Rina

Ah, yes, I know. In a way. I grew up in a situation where using logic (or decency) as a tool to try to persuade the powers that were and their supporters that there was something wrong with the way they were thinking was proven time and time and time again to be fruitless. But you can't help trying, you know? In the long run, the very long run, perhaps it helped our situation. I hope it helps yours, and doesn't take that long. I pray it helps yours, or we're all down the tubes. (For those who don't know, I'm South African.)

4 Likes Save    
petalique

Reading this thread late, but want to thank Annie for registering her protestations at the rally. Thank you a million times over!

And appreciation for Chi, who wrote: “I have helped many young friends register to vote for the very first time,...”

Thank you!

I am in a red community in a blue state. However, I hope that all if us, outraged by the non-reading mobster and his grifter family and cabinet/appointees, voter suppression, Rabid entitled Republican shenanigans, can mount an industrial-strength push to get people informed, registered to vote, emboldened, and to the polls.

Is there a handbook outlining these steps? Explaining to people why every vote matters, and so on?

3 Likes Save     Thanked by Annie Deighnaugh
sunflower_petal(5a)

An anti-Trump rally popped up next to where we were having a Pollinator Week festival on Saturday. Some of the participants stopped by our tables before their rally started.

1 Like Save    
adoptedbyhounds

"It's my op and I'll put in it what I want..."

We all do that. It's helpful (and a courtesy to the reader) when the writer of an OP includes basic information. The responses you received show some confusion on the part of people who took time to read your OP. Some of us were left wondering what you were talking about.

I was one of those people, and I don't believe I was out of line in asking for more information. I can't formulate a response if I don't know what you're talking about. I found your response "Here, abh, let me get my spoon" rude, given that it was your OP and lack of details that prompted questions from others, including me.

As for "yelling," last I heard, all caps convey yelling. I see bolding used here all the time to differentiate between posters as well as between articles and responses.

Save    
Annie Deighnaugh

OK abh, sorry if I misinterpreted your bolding. I do find it disconcerting as bolding is typically only used briefly for emphasis, and it adds undue relative importance to one's post when the entire thing is bold.

I had no problem with your asking for clarity, but when I answered it by directing you to an earlier post, I thought it rather ridiculous that scrolling and reading was too much effort for you to find the answer. Others didn't have that problem as they had already asked the question and I'd already answered it. So in fact I did have to resort to 'spoon feeding' by repeating the post specifically for you. Not rude but an apt description.

1 Like Save    
adoptedbyhounds

"I had no problem with your asking for clarity, but when I answered it by directing you to an earlier post, I thought it rather ridiculous that scrolling and reading was too much effort for you to find the answer."

We can agree to disagree, Annie.

Save    

Related Stories

Color From the Runways Home: Pastels Spring Back
Get inspired by Fashion Week to soothe your spaces with soft pastel color
Full Story
Gardening and Landscaping Sit Back and Enjoy the View From This Brooklyn Rooftop Garden
A landscaper transforms his apartment building’s rooftop into a lush retreat where he and his friends relax and sometimes take in a movie
Full Story
Design Pop Pop Culture Watch: 12 Home Trends from the '80s Are Back
Hold on to your hat (over your humongous hair); interior design elements of the 1980s have shot forward to today, in updated fashion
Full Story
Houzz Tours Houzz Tour: A Toronto Home Comes Back From the Brink
Not even squatters deterred an interior designer from turning an abandoned 4-bedroom into a chic, unique home
Full Story
Organizing Is Clutter Holding You Back From Living Your Ideal Life?
Here are 7 ways clutter can bog you down, and 7 ways you can benefit from decluttering
Full Story
Landscape Design Protecting Your Pet From Your Yard and Your Yard From Your Pet
Check out these tricks from vets and landscape designers for keeping your pets and plantings safe in the backyard
Full Story
Life You Said It: ‘Put It Back’ If It Won’t Help Your House, and More Wisdom
Highlights from the week include stopping clutter from getting past the door, fall planting ideas and a grandfather’s gift of love
Full Story
Life Sit Back and Cozy Up With 28 Calming Views of Winter at Home
Readers from Washington to Louisiana share wintry scenes from their front yards, backyards and beyond
Full Story
Decorating Guides Bring the Pep Rally Home With Pompoms
From the sweet to the serene, here are 10 ways to add these frilly accessories to your decor
Full Story