Fox News anchor: "Everyone in America should read the Mueller Report."

catticusmockingbird

"Viewers tuning into Fox News Tuesday expecting the network's more typical pro-Trump reporting may have been surprised to hear a different kind of message. Anchor Shepard Smith, one of Fox News's few hosts who regularly criticizes the president, used news of House Democrats' latest act against the White House's stonewalling to urge his viewers to go read the Mueller report already—because it doesn't exonerate the president as President Donald Trump and his base love to claim. “Everyone in America should read” the 400-plus page report, Smith said. “Everyone.”

The Fox anchor's reminder about the Mueller report's actual contents came as Smith reported that the House has escalated their fight against the Trump administration, passing a resolution along party lines that makes it easier for lawmakers to sue those who don't comply with congressional subpoenas. Smith told viewers to “remember” that Mueller's report “laid out ten instances of apparent obstruction of justice, criminal obstruction of justice, potentially, by President Trump.” “The special counsel did not exonerate the president,” Smith added. ”They said if they could’ve they would’ve but they couldn’t so they didn’t. Mueller explained that if he and his team had confidence that the president did not commit obstruction, they would have said so.” The anchor also explained to his viewers why it was now Congress's job to act on the Mueller's report's contents, saying that Mueller's report states “that under Justice Department guidelines, charging the president with a crime was never an option to him. He said the Constitution requires another process.” Such a blatant explanation may be necessary for Smith's viewers, as recent polls have indicated that despite the Mueller report's findings, Americans still remain divided on whether or not the report cleared Trump of any wrongdoing.

Smith's comments aren't exactly anything new from the frequent Trump critic, who's previously denounced everything from Trump's “Spygate” allegations to the idea that Mueller's investigation was a “witch hunt.” (Trump, naturally, is no fan of Smith; he's described him on Twitter as Fox's “lowest rated anchor” who “should be working” at CNN.) But Smith's public emphasis on the Mueller report's findings puts him in a tiny yet vocal minority of public figures with Republican audiences who have seemingly been alarmed after reading the full report. Republican Rep. Justin Amash officially departed the House Freedom Caucus Tuesday amid his outspokenness on Trump's impeachment, which came only after he read Mueller's findings in full. “I initially fell for Attorney General Barr’s March 24 letter of principal conclusions—but then I read Mueller’s report,” Amash tweeted Friday".

https://www.vanityfair.com/news/2019/06/shep-smith-fox-news-read-the-mueller-report?utm_source=twitter&utm_brand=vf&utm_medium=social&utm_social-type=owned&mbid=social_twitter

SaveComment17Like2
Comments (17)
Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
Annie Deighnaugh

It's not even a trickle when we need a gop flash flood to get the truth out.

Save    
dandyfopp

Nah. Donnie fans prefer The Hannity Report.

Save    
elvis

Not me.

1 Like Save    
catticusmockingbird

8 Likes Save    
vgkg Z-7 Va(Z-7)

Ol'' Shep?! .........Behind his back at Fox they call him a FINO.

Save    
Mina

2 Likes Save    
Mina

Save    
sunflower_petal(5a)

Here's a link: https://www.nytimes.com/interactive/2019/04/18/us/politics/mueller-report-document.html

Anyone got one that's not behind a paywall?

Save    
Kathy

A sample of a portion on my Ibooks

Save    
Save    
lurker111

I'm not a fiction fan.

1 Like Save    
Kathy

Lurker, fiction is Trump’s delusions. His phony polls ....ROFL!

2 Likes Save    
Joaniepoanie

Haven't the Trump supporters here said they change the channel when Shep comes on?

Save    
Kathy

I believe they are allergic to real news. Living in a silo does that.

Save    
lurker111

Haven't the Trump supporters here said they change the channel when Shep comes on?

He's almost as crazy as Rachel, but he doesn't have complete emotional breakdowns on air. I don't know how he has a spot on a reputable station like FOX. He belongs on CNN or MSNBC.

Save    
Delilah66

The e version on Amazon is only $2.99

Save    
maddie260

A reputable station like Fox? Spare me.

Save    
Browse Gardening and Landscaping Stories on Houzz See all Stories
Fun Houzz So You Say: 30 Design Mistakes You Should Never Make
Drop the paint can, step away from the brick and read this remodeling advice from people who’ve been there
Full Story
Features Can Tidying Up Result in Life-Changing Magic?
Organizing phenom Marie Kondo promises big results — if you embrace enormous changes and tough choices
Full Story
Moving Retirement Reinvention: Boomers Plot Their Next Big Move
Choosing a place to settle in for the golden years? You're not alone. Where boomers are going and what it might look like
Full Story
Residential construction specializing in kitchens & bathrooms. A complete service business covering everything... Read More