SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
charles_coaston

Ideas Ideas for this home to rent/Airbnb. Help : )

Charles Coaston
4 years ago
last modified: 4 years ago

Houzz community,

You guy and gals have been there for me since day one with fantastic ideas and I've surprisingly used everyone. It's funny cause now folks ask me what would I do with a project of theirs. hahaha

I just bought an investment property that I will be renting out. I would like to get the maximum rent making the home look nice without breaking the bank. I would like to break down each room in the house and outside of the home as well. I would be grateful if you all can share some ideas on color, suggestions etc.

The house is a 3 bedroom, 2 bathrooms 1 half and a possible in the unfinished basement, 2 car detached garage, stucco on the outside that I need to fill in cracks and would like to paint it and built in 1963.

Outside of house stucco. What color scheme would look nice with the added decorative side panels? Door setup? Type of windows? All the windows need replace. Most of them are either not fully functional or not weather compliant.

When you first walk in you have the 2nd large bedroom on the right and the living room on the left. I have been wrestling with the fact to build a wall over the brick left and right and just have the fireplace shape exposed. What do you guys think? Would you keep this look? Would you repaint the fireplace cause I would like to keep it. We live in the Pittsburgh, PA and it can get pretty cold during winter months. Knock it down? What color would the walls be to blend in with the brick or make it look nice?

Next we have the first floor bathroom. It has a 1 1/2 thick tile and concrete. I wanted to tile over it or refinish it with a white, a neutral color. The tile is everywhere!!! Any suggestions? There would be a stand up shower here

Now here is the kitchen. I would like to create less work as possible and not get rid of the overhead and put some cabinets in replace of what was there before. Also, the same situation with the tile in the bathroom is here as well. Any ideas on how you would layout the kitchen? Color of wall, type of floor etc?

This is what I see as a day room not sure what to do to this room. This room is to the left of the kitchen separated by a wall and can be entered by door entry.

Next we have the upstairs bathroom that is attached to the bedroom behind the photo. I had to knock down a not so well built wall that separated the both rooms. My dilemma with this is I don't know where to put anything to make it look nice and laid out properly. They did not have a tub in this room but only a sink, toilet and laundry hookups. Any suggestions on where I can place the tub and what type, sink, and toilet?

I know the house looks kind of crazy now but that what I thought about my last property and it turned out amazing with some love and care and thoughts and suggestions from others.

Here is what it looked like originally from the listing before I bought it.

108 Iowa

Excited to hear from folks!

Best regards,

Charles

Comments (18)