Dems easily beating trump so far
In a first look at head-to-head 2020 presidential matchups nationwide, several Democratic challengers lead President Donald Trump, with former Vice President Joseph Biden ahead 53 - 40 percent, according to a Quinnipiac University National Poll released today.
In other matchups, the independent Quinnipiac (KWIN-uh-pe-ack) University National Poll finds:
- Vermont Sen. Bernie Sanders over President Trump 51 - 42 percent;
- California Sen. Kamala Harris ahead of Trump 49 - 41 percent;
- Massachusetts Sen. Elizabeth Warren tops Trump 49 - 42 percent;
- South Bend Mayor Pete Buttigieg edges Trump 47 - 42 percent;
- New Jersey Sen. Cory Booker by a nose over Trump 47 - 42 percent.
Republicans go to Trump 91 - 6 percent. Biden leads 95 - 3 percent among Democrats and 58 - 28 percent among independent voters.
A total of 70 percent of American voters say the nation's economy is "excellent" or "good," but only 41 percent of voters say Trump deserves credit for an excellent or good economy. Another 27 percent say Trump does not deserve credit and 28 percent say the economy is "not so good" or "poor."
Heck, when you can't beat booker, you know you've got problems.