Dems easily beating trump so far

Annie Deighnaugh

In a first look at head-to-head 2020 presidential matchups nationwide, several Democratic challengers lead President Donald Trump, with former Vice President Joseph Biden ahead 53 - 40 percent, according to a Quinnipiac University National Poll released today.

In other matchups, the independent Quinnipiac (KWIN-uh-pe-ack) University National Poll finds:

• Vermont Sen. Bernie Sanders over President Trump 51 - 42 percent;
  • California Sen. Kamala Harris ahead of Trump 49 - 41 percent;
  • Massachusetts Sen. Elizabeth Warren tops Trump 49 - 42 percent;
  • South Bend Mayor Pete Buttigieg edges Trump 47 - 42 percent;
  • New Jersey Sen. Cory Booker by a nose over Trump 47 - 42 percent.

Republicans go to Trump 91 - 6 percent. Biden leads 95 - 3 percent among Democrats and 58 - 28 percent among independent voters.

A total of 70 percent of American voters say the nation's economy is "excellent" or "good," but only 41 percent of voters say Trump deserves credit for an excellent or good economy. Another 27 percent say Trump does not deserve credit and 28 percent say the economy is "not so good" or "poor."

Source: https://poll.qu.edu/national/release-detail?ReleaseID=2627

Heck, when you can't beat booker, you know you've got problems.

SaveComment51Like2
Comments (51)
Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
Chi

I think a lot of people voted for Trump for the novelty. I know a few who did. They all regret it now!

7 Likes Save    
miss lindsey (still misses Sophie)(8a)

1 Like Save    
catkinZ8a

Go lindsey--embrace the meme!

1 Like Save    

Is it though? A meme, I mean.

Not that I don't appreciate the encouragement :)

1 Like Save    
roxsol

Definitely not a meme.

1 Like Save    
Joaniepoanie

Catkin....your poll listed above did not factor in lots of Russian help.

Save    
catkinZ8a

Close enough, linds!

1 Like Save    
catkinZ8a

Not my poll, it's Nate's.

Save    
Tilly Teabag

“The Rock” for President.

Save    
althea_gw

Bindweed: 50%

Trump: 41%

12 Likes Save    
dandyfopp

She did a bunch of these but this one was my fav.

6 Likes Save    
althea_gw

Japanese Beetle: 49%

Trump: 43%

11 Likes Save    
Annie Deighnaugh

Ah this could be fun...

Used car salesman: 48%

Trump: 39%

8 Likes Save    
dandyfopp

LOL

Barefoot step in dog dung 52%

Trump 41%

8 Likes Save    
althea_gw

Tomato Horn Worm: 52%

Trump: 40%

6 Likes Save    
dandyfopp

10 day migraine 54%

Donnie 39%

7 Likes Save    
milliecat

Ticks...49%

trump..41%

4 Likes Save    
dandyfopp

Flesh eating bacteria 53%

Donnie 41%

4 Likes Save    
Annie Deighnaugh

Apparently the polls have trigger his *highness* again:

He's so perfect that if something like polls are unfavorable, it's gotta be the polls...can't be him!

I'd say you can't make this stuff up, but I guess you can...trump did...."suppression polls!"

4 Likes Save    
Annie Deighnaugh

Oh rats...I'd forgotten...if trump accuses someone of doing something, it's because he's already done it!

7 Likes Save    
althea_gw

Fusarium Blight: 52%

Trump: 39%

2 Likes Save    
Webuser 107388825(7a)

shingles 55%

Trump 39%%

3 Likes Save    
nancy_in_venice_ca Sunset 24 z10

Rush hour traffic on the 405 - 45%

Donald Trump — 13%

NB Those in the remaining unanswered percentage are busy using apps to find a less congested alternate route.

6 Likes Save    
Ziemia(6a)

Mr. President, can we please learn about Suppression Polls?

Save    
heri _ cles

Lady Gaga or Bette Midler would beat tRump.

2 Likes Save    

Would Rosie O'Donnell? Meryl Streep would for sure.

He sure does have a lot of female enemies in show biz...

Save    
catkinZ8a

See you at the polls!

Save    
chase_gw

What a hoot this thread has been.

When the polls favour him they are wonderful, when they don't.....they are fake. When he says they are fake he isn't lying , he is just counter punching.

Poor snowflake , what else can he do? Except maybe just shut the hell up and run the country with dignity.

4 Likes Save    
Annie Deighnaugh

Just like the unemployment rate....remember when he was running the unemployment rate under obama was woefully understated? Suddenly now he's best friends with the bureau of labor stats!

During the Sept. 28, 2015, media event, Trump described an unemployment rate in the range of 5 percent as "such a phony number."

"The number isn't reflective," he said. "I've seen numbers of 24 percent -- I actually saw a number of 42 percent unemployment. Forty-two percent."

Save    
Ziemia(6a)

And, as they say, Trump is always right!

Save    
Joaniepoanie

catkinZ8a

See you at the polls!

-------Would that be your poll or Nate's poll?

1 Like Save    
Kathy

I laughed out loud when I heard Trump tell a reporter he didn’t understand. Those were fake advisors. All those polls are phony.

2 Likes Save    
marquest(PA zone 6)

The mid-terms showed how the Suburban college educated conservatives areas went blue. I have no doubt that he is aware that Russia will meddle again. The difference now is mid-term changed his cheating advantage. There are more Democrats in areas that the Red districts over looked and welcomed the break in.

As usual he is living in his bubble. His advisors recognize the problem and they leaked the info because they want him to start trying to be Presidential but they just do not know he cannot be who he is not.

Save    
DallasAlice Brewer

Pelvic Exam 58%

Trump 41%

2 Likes Save    
catticusmockingbird

How sad is this!

Trump's Director of Communications 2020 Campaign:

2 Likes Save    

Elementary school track meet, 34°C 58%

Trump 40%

1 Like Save    
Ziemia(6a)

Wasn't aware of reports that the Trump Campaign's own polling seems to mimic this one from Quinnipiac.

His own polling shows him trailing.

Trump said:

“The Fake (Corrupt) News Media said they had a leak into polling done by my campaign which, by the way and despite the phony and never ending Witch Hunt, are the best numbers WE have ever had,” he asserted.

So "Best Numbers".

“We have great internal polling,” Trump said during an Oval Office meeting with Polish President Andrzej Duda. “We are winning in every single state that we polled.”

He claimed to have “very big” leads in Texas, Ohio and Florida, among other states.

And, he said:

"These are polls that we have that nobody saw," Trump said, apparently referring to the internal polls that he said show him in good shape for next year. "We do very little polling because I'm not a huge believer in polling.

1 Like Save    
althea_gw

Flat tire: 54%

Trump: 33%

1 Like Save    
soupgirl53

Toothache: 51%

Trump: 40%

3 Likes Save    
Kathy

He called them phony polls. A switch from his favorite word “Fake”. That made me laugh.

1 Like Save    
Ann

Trump's approval (RCP average) is right near its high. It's at 44%. It made it to 45 one time a couple weeks ago and it was the first time since his first month in office.

So, he's polling very close the top of his tight range. But, many Dems are polling far above him in a match up.

Just for reference, I decided to look at the polling for the Clinton/Trump match up beginning in the summer of 2015.

In the June/July 2015 timeframe, the RCP average Clinton vs Trump polling was about 53 Clinton, 34 Trump. Then, in Sept 2015, it tightened to about a 3 point Clinton lead. After that, the biggest gap occurred again in late March/early April 2016, with Clinton moving to a 10 point lead (about her biggest lead in 2016). But, for the entire time between summer 2015 and election day in 2016, she maintained some sort of a lead with what looks to be only three very short lived exceptions (just one or two days each) and 2 of the 3 were very tiny leads for Trump. Trump's biggest lead was in July of 2016 for about 2 days, when he had a lead of about 1.5 or 2 points.

Biden's lead in a match up with Trump (RCP average) is about 9 points right now. At this same time, Hillary had about a 20 point lead, but Trump being an incumbent this time could certainly make a difference.

It's going to be an exciting time!

1 Like Save    
sheesh(5b)

Blah blah blah.

2 Likes Save    
how2girl

Every whisper
Of every waking hour
I'm choosing my confessions
Trying to keep an eye on you
Like a hurt lost and blinded fool, fool
Oh no, I've said too much
I set it up

4 Likes Save    
Ziemia(6a)

Approval rating ≠ Voter decision.

1 Like Save    
Ann

"Blah blah blah."

Lol, possibly the walk down memory lane was a bit of a let down? It's fine to stick with the "Dems easily beating Trump" narrative since all we have right now are polls (which don't look good for Trump when it comes to match ups) or our own guesses. Trump is an interesting one and a little hard to predict, isn't he? Shocked the heck out of me in November 2016 as they kept calling state after state for Trump. My goodness, Hillary had lead in the match up polls, and sometimes substantially, for a year and a half (except for those 5 or so days where Trump had the tiniest of margins).

Save    
Ann

I just checked the same thing for Sanders vs Trump in 2015/2016 (RCP averages for their match up). Sanders had a 13 point lead over Trump in summer 2015 and a 16 point lead in spring of 2016. He too, was leading Trump for all but just a very few days.

Save    
heri _ cles

If Dems don't Impeach him, Trump wins. especially if Biden is the nominee.

Save    
Lars(Z11a, Sunset 24)

Trump won in 2016 while getting fewer votes than Hillary. His strategy will remain to be to manipulate the electoral college, which I think should be abolished. It was bad for the country in 2000 as well as in 2016. Voter suppression also helps him.

1 Like Save    
Annie Deighnaugh

I hope the DNC puts a lot of $$ into keeping their systems secure and they keep the DNC strategic plan in non-electronic forms only so it *can't* be hacked.

Save    
Ann

I don't have that level of confidence in a Trump win Heri, but I sure think it possible. I know you don't support Biden, but aren't there others you do support who give you some confidence in their ability to beat Trump?

Save    
Ann

Lars, please explain what you mean by "manipulate the electoral college". It's our system (at present and has always been) and every candidate knows and understands that. Do you think campaigning accordingly is manipulating? How so?

ETA: Wouldn't it be pure stupidity on the part of a candidate to hold rallies and manage one's campaign in a way more suitable to, say, a popular vote method when that's not the method in existence?

Save    
Browse Gardening and Landscaping Stories on Houzz See all Stories
Decluttering 4 Obstacles to Decluttering — and How to Beat Them
Letting go can be hard, but it puts you more in control of your home's stuff and style. See if any of these notions are holding you back
Full Story
Decorating Guides 12 Ways to Beat the Home Decor Blahs
A few easy tweaks will make your house feel new to you
Full Story
Bathroom Design 3 Shower Sound Systems That Beat Your Clunky Old Radio
Stream music, radio and podcasts — and even take phone calls — right in your shower, with wireless and water-resistant sound systems
Full Story
We strive daily to continually make ourselves better, because we realize that our name, image and performance is... Read More
For more than twenty years, Steadfast Construction has been setting the standard for excellence as a custom... Read More