SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
christin54

Adding front porch and 26' addition to small ranch house.

christin54
4 years ago
last modified: 4 years ago

Hi. We have a small, plain, 40'x28' ranch style modular home. We are looking to add a full front porch to it, and a 26' long master bedroom and laundry room addition to the left side of it.

The garage also has doors on the non-gable side, and will sit right next to the addition. We like the full shed roof, but worry it will be too much long boring roof. I haven't really found good examples of a full shed roof with brown wood siding, without it looking too cabiny. Looking for advice on roof style, adding gables or faux dormers. I don't much like modern style houses, more rustic farmhouse, cottage, french country style, so I am a little afraid gables and stone will look more modern than cottagey or European. Looking to use a combo of dark wood board and batten siding, shake, and stone with black architectural shingle roof. Any Input on a cohesive roof line and siding style to give our home charm is appreciated!

The bottom 2 pictures are ideas for if we bumped out the room on the right there, about 8-10 ft.

Comments (2)