SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
bdonkersgoed

Landscape front entry (before neighbour installs artificial grass)

Bryan
4 years ago

Hi Everyone,

My neighbour is going to install artificial grass on his front lawn at the end of July. I'll likely continue the same artificial grass installation onto my property since we share a property line and I want to avoid a line where the natural and artificial grass meet. We'll keep natural grass between the sidewalk and road.

The challenge is that I'd also like to redo my front walk. It makes sense that I complete the hardscaping and final landscaping layout before the artificial grass is installed (since artificial grass can't be moved easily once it's installed!). Yardvaark has helped me in another thread to come up with some ideas on a larger and more practical interlock front walkway -- I really like it!

Yardvaark also created a 3D sketch of what the front could look like with a new walkway and revised plantings:

I took detailed measurements and drew out a template (to scale) for my property.

I've also created a clean version of the template:

FYI, the artificial grass will not be installed between the houses -- it will only go as far as the rear of my neighbour's porch. What I'm looking for are some suggestions on the new walkway, mulch, and plantings that:

• Considers removing the two small ornametal trees to make room for the new interlock walkway
  • Ideally minimizes the amount of artificial grass needed on my portion of the lawn (i.e. by placing mulch beds and plantings where appropriate)
  • Ideally uses low-maintenance plants

Thanks!

Bryan

Comments (24)