SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
webuser_842736077

Majesty palm fertilizing and transplant questions

4 years ago
last modified: 4 years ago

I have 3 Majesty palms that I overwintered and are now outside. I transplanted 1 back in the fall, but left the other two in their original soil and nursery buckets.They all look fine. The larger two have put out new Palm fronds, the smaller one has a spear opening up.Do I need to fertilize them, and if so, what product is recommended?Do I need to transplant them? I do see a few roots poking out from the bottom holes of one.What soil is recommended for palms? Both the palms and I rather like the airy, fast draining soil that they're in, but I don't know what it is.I am not entirely happy with the palm I transplanted. I made my own mix based on an online recipe, and I feel it's just too heavy. Since that's one of the larger palms and putting out fronds, maybe the palm disagrees with me. I don't remember the exact mix, something like fine sand, potting mix, perlite.advice is appreciated. I already know that many people don't like growing Majesty palms but my home situation is different from most.

Comment (1)