SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
kimberlovestmbg

MCM Kitchen Lighting Help!

Kimber Byars
4 years ago

We are redoing our 90’s honey oak kitchen with white flat slab cabinet doors, a Wilsonart Betty laminate countertop, and a matching backsplash. The kitchen is open to the rest of the house and I need help with lighting!

I want pendants over the peninsula. It’s 3 feet by 7 feet. What size pendant and how many?

I also want track lighting in the middle of the kitchen- we just can’t do pot lights.

There’s currently a light over the sink, attached to the wood piece that runs across the gap between cabinets. We are getting rid of that piece, so we were thinking of a simple ceiling light there?

Attached are pictures of the current dining room that is pretty much in the kitchen, the current fluorescent lights that we will get rid of, the piece between cabinets above the sink, a picture of the peninsula from before we bought the house, my countertop choice, and some lighting choices. I especially am confused about the diameter of the pendant lights- I LOVE the 15” turquoise one, but it may be too big AND it may not flow with the other lighting.

Pictures of some lighting that would work are appreciated- but I can’t do anything too expensive!

Thank you for your help and advice!

Comments (12)