SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
hazelnora

Style of rug for striped chairs in LL walk out to Lake

hazelnora
4 years ago

I want to purchase an area rug to go with these chairs, but they will be used in the Lower Level pictured below. We will also be covering a "leggy" chair in the fabrics with the circles on it (see pictures below), which will be near the striped chairs. Also a game table and chairs and large antique hutch will be on the far wall. I am trying to find an 8x10 rug that goes with the striped chairs on the polished concrete floors. We come in from the lake through this door.

The leather sofa and and these fabrics below will be on the left side of the room on the other side of the above door ( it's all one open space).

I am trying to determine what style and colors would be best for an area rug that would be used in a conversation grouping in the room that is pictured with the polished concrete floors.

I do have a rug which is in the tv area, on the other side of the large room. The rug is between 2 loveseats and a sofa, arranged in a U with a large ottoman in the middle. Ottoman will be covered in the blue green solid ,material while the pillows will be out of both fabrics plus one additional fabric. That rug doesn't go quite as well with the striped chairs. The blue/green in the rug is too different than the blue in the striped chairs. (I was going to use the same rug in both spots but decided against it). You see the back of the couch but don't really see the TV area rug from the area I am putting the striped chairs. I appreciate your thoughts and recommendations for a rug. I want to keep it moderately priced as this is an area for kids and is a direct entrance from the lake. Thanks you so much!

Comments (3)