SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
shive_gw

Some ffo's on new seedlings

shive
4 years ago

I've had four two-year-old seedlings bloom for the first time in the past two days. One was a total dude, another wowed me, and two are just average but can be used as bridge plants.

Perseus' Sandals X Jumping Jack Flash is black purple UF crispate that multiplies well and is very hardy. It went from one to four fans since last year. Three of the fans have put up scapes with bud counts of 15, 13 and 11. The tallest scape is 32 inches at this point. The bloom measures 8.5 inches. This is the seedling that wowed me. The green throat is actually more pronounced that the photo shows. I think in a year with more rain, this one could be taller and have more buds.

Destined to See x a toothy seedling out of Back Scratcher. At first I wasn't too excited about this one since the teeth on the edge were so small. But then I noticed it is bitone and has interesting sepal markings. I'll watch this one to see how it progresses, and I will cross it other toothies and patterns.

This seedling is out of two of my purple seedlings. It doesn't have the edge I'm looking for, but the color is good and I'll use it as bridge plant.

Debra

Comments (8)