SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
sandlapper_rose

FOTESS – JUNE “The Best and All the Rest” Share and Swap

sandlapper_rose
4 years ago

First of all, you must be a member of this group Friends of the Earth Simple Swaps (FOTESS) in order to participate. If you are interested in joining, check with me (Jeanne - sandlapper_rose) about the requirements.
Perhaps where you live, you have something like what we do locally. A local magazine and the local newspaper take nominations for various businesses and services and then vote on the Best (Best Dentist, Best Landscaper, Best Mattress Store, or whatever.) We'll be doing a variation of that. Each day there will be a new heading and you can list up to 5 items that you want to label the “best.” Listing only one is fine, too. We are asking for your opinion and we won't vote on the “best overall” --- plus we don't want to hurt anyone's feelings, so we won't have a category for worst.
It has been very hot here for more than 2 weeks so not a lot is going on in my garden other than watering.

The swap part this month is you will be matched with one other person who signed up and you will send a small inexpensive item (spend no more than $5) to that person. It can be note cards, seeds, a cookbook or gardening book or anything of your choice. The item can even be something you have on hand so you don't need to shop unless you want to. Remember that books can be sent book rate so you are welcome to do that – the post office rules though are to just include the book. Perhaps you can write FOTESS along with your name on the return address if you choose to mail that way.

Sign up by June 10 --- mail by June 22. That's all. I'll list a “best of” each day so please check out what we're posting and all members are welcome to post comments or just tell how things are going in your part of the country. Happy June!

Of course, I will sign up!

Jeanne

Comments (147)