SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
dkrk_s

Room & Board vs Crate and Barrel Sectional from the same manufacturer

dkrk_s
4 years ago

Hello,

I'm in the process of buying a new sofa for the living room. After much research, I've narrowed down to 2 sectionals:

1) Crate and Barrel Lounge ii Petite 2 piece sectional ($2,898 or $2,318 after 20% discount)

2) Room & Board Mayer 124" Sofa with Right Arm Chaise ($3,598)

They are both manufactured by McCreary Modern but the price difference is huge ($1,280 before taxes) especially if I take into consideration 20% Upholstery discount for Crate and Barrel (in Aug - and I can wait). Even at full price, the Mayer costs $700 more.

Since they are both from the same manufacturer, uses the same flexolator suspension and both with fiber/down blend back cushions, I wonder if there is any difference in quality.

The only difference is the seat cushion. R&B is spring and down wrapped while C&B is just down wrapped.

C&B comes with with 4 cushions I think while R&B only comes with 2 cushions.

The fabric for C&B is price group 2 while R&B's is price group 1, which I assume is cheaper?

Are the spring and down wrapped cushions worth an extra $1,280?

Is R&B truly better than C&B to warrant that extra $700 / $1,280? That's a lot of money, and since I'm in California, that's an additional 9.25% on top of the difference.

Comments (27)