SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
poohbearlvr

Will Stem Cuttings From The 'Pink Princess' Grow From Aerial Roots??

PoohBearLvr
4 years ago

Ok here is a very dumb question. After all my years of gardening. But I really don't know. I am selling my 6 foot tall 'Pink Princess' Philodendrun. My last one sold VERY fast, now this one is going. IF I sell it as cuttings, not as a whole plant, will it root from STEM cuttings?? I mean like a 2-3in long stem cuttings with 2-3 nodes, no leaves, will they root that way, and grow a plant?

The stem is like 3in around and is covered in aerial roots, but I don't know if cuttings with no leaves will root. I have tried air layering on it, and it worked easily, those aerial roots rooted into the sphagnum, so I am wondering if all these aerial roots, will root or not? Take a look at the pictures to see the stem/roots I am talking about. I don't want to cut it up, to have it just die. Yes or no way?

I know this top section will root, the leaves are fresh and still bendable. BUT in shipping I think the older stems/leaves being so big and firm, they will snap off, and leave only the stem. Thus, my question. Will the stem root, if planted in soil, or laid on top of sphagnum? Thank you.

Comments (16)

Sponsored
EK Interior Design
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars5 Reviews
TIMELESS INTERIOR DESIGN FOR ENDLESS MEMORIES